• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle thumbs IS BACK (Kickstarter ended) -- Funded in 3 hours

Shaneus

I don't think any of us are going to E3 actually--which we're probably all more than happy about. In general none of our jobs really demand it at this point.
I was more thinking just a discussion on what may actually happen... game announcements, new platforms, the focus of different devs/pubs (ie. iOS, PC etc.), that sort of thing.

But thinking about it now, I can't remember if that's ever been an actual "thing" leading up to any of the other E3s while Thumbs was still around, so maybe it wasn't and I'm just talking out of my arse. Which is entirely possible and HIGHLY likely.

I was more thinking just a discussion on what may actually happen... game announcements, new platforms, the focus of different devs/pubs (ie. iOS, PC etc.), that sort of thing.

But thinking about it now, I can't remember if that's ever been an actual "thing" leading up to any of the other E3s while Thumbs was still around, so maybe it wasn't and I'm just talking out of my arse. Which is entirely possible and HIGHLY likely.

Yeah, I don't think we ever did much E3 coverage--GDC was always the big focus for us in terms of industry events, same as this year.

I always thought it was a bizarre moment when you guys brought up the 3DS announcement before E3. News is something I just don't expect from Thumbs at all.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The end of the Robert Frobisher story in Cloud Atlas is incredible.

I'd love to read Cloud Atlas for the cast. It's one of my favorite books of the last several years. I just read Mitchell's latest, The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet.

Jake and I are also into the idea of an Infinite Jest cast, but we'd probably wait until the show has established itself a bit before biting that off.

Corto

If you're taking requests I would love for A Confederacy of Dunces bookcast. Infinite Jest would be great also to finally give me the boost to pick it up from the shelf where it's gathering dust to this date.

bengraven

Start from episode 1.

See you in a couple of weeks.

I could see myself doing somethig like this, but if it's like a typical game cast and they start talking about a "recent" or "upcoming" game that's already been out for a couple years, I get bored fast and fast forward, unless it's a game I love.

You'd think so, I know I did, but the archives are still super listenable.

Do what I did: get Just Cause 2 (or start a new game if you already have it), put it on mute, and listen.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I could see myself doing somethig like this, but if it's like a typical game cast and they start talking about a "recent" or "upcoming" game that's already been out for a couple years, I get bored fast and fast forward, unless it's a game I love.

It's not like a typical game cast. Hearing them talk about a random PC game I'll never play is more interesting than hearing any of the more traditional casts talk about a game I know and like.

Shaneus

Seriously, it doesn't really matter that the games they're talking about are that old. The theories behind a lot of the stuff they talk about isn't usually to do with graphics (which is really the only thing that would date b/w then and now) but things like design/aesthetic, gameplay, control methods (so weird hearing about "Natal"... and horsebag), that sort of thing. That never really changes.

It may be different for other 'casts (I wouldn't know, never listened to others) but somehow what they talk about is still fresh and informative.

So, yeah, when will we see full on new Idle Thumbs casts? Or has that already happened? I've only found the progress casts and the idle thumbs site still says to watch for things in the coming months.

Top Bottom