• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: "Suicide Squad can be beaten in 9-10 hours based on capture time"

xrnzaaas

That's not an astronomically low number. Past Batman games (especially Asylum) also weren't super long if you just focused on the main story. It was the side content (Riddler's challenges most of all) that made finishing them a much longer process.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
That's not an astronomically low number. Past Batman games (especially Asylum) also weren't super long if you just focused on the main story. It was the side content (Riddler's challenges most of all) that made finishing them a much longer process.

This isn't an Arkham game though. It's a GaaS game. 9 hours is ridiculously low for a GaaS game that's been in development for 9 years.

Sentenza

"Can be beaten in" doesn't really tell a lot if no additional context is given.
Do they mean that you can RUSH to finish the game in ten hours or that you'll run out of content in the same timeframe?

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

This isn't an Arkham game though. It's a GaaS game. 9 hours is ridiculously low for a GaaS game that's been in development for 9 years.
I may not be an expert in the genre, but I don't think gaas games use the main story as the main selling point to keep people playing. More like an introduction to what you're going to spend the next xx hours doing, that's of course assuming the game has been prepared well to keep the players coming back.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

1 hour for each year of wasted development time

Nice
Sheet GIF

MiguelItUp

I feel like IGN keeps whinin' lol. What's funny is 9-10 hours for a live service campaign sounds pretty standard and in some cases generous.

But a long campaign was something the game was never meant to have. I don't think you should expect that for any live service game. It's primarily about the gameplay loop, loot, etc.

Last edited:

salva

I assume this is implying that the game is short/not long enough. How fucking long do people want games to be.
I don't think the problem with this game is it's length.

StueyDuck

How salty is IGN now? They started their campaign against the game.
I am shocked destin is still employed in the industry to be honest, he's always been a bit of a chop.

OT: I mean for a co-op superhero game that's not so bad. We don't have any indication how much of that playtime was dedicated to completionist activities and so on.

The question is how good are those 8-10 hours vs how padded they are.

Hugare

Look, this game is probably gonna suck, but this Destin guy is on a hate train against the game and it shows

Same dude who did that IGN preview hating the game, then recently tweeted about some major character being killed, complained about playing "with vilains" and now this

Dude is beating a dead horse for a living

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
tMSGHPs.jpg

Love it when idiots defend everything. The fact that his game has much lower main story hours than a game that came out 15 years ago on a much inferior budget with what 5+ years of development is absolutely pathetic. Even if this was Spider-man levels of quality I'd still shit on it. Fuck outta here you dumbasses.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Are they holding a lot of content back for post launch?

I already have 8 hours clocked. Granted I’m doing all side missions so far… but even then I’m very skeptical on that unless you just do nothing but focus main story and skip cut scenes?

I’d be surprised if I’m bout to beat the game since I’m nowhere near feeling like I’ve even hit the 1/4 or half way point?

They haven’t made a game in eight years, and it’s not even 10 hours long? What the hell is going on over there. Did they have multiple canceled projects? Holy crap

radewagon

What's the big deal? So it can be beaten in under 10 hours. Haven't y'all heard, GAAS games are infinitely replayable.

The Joker Smile GIF

gamer82

I assume they are going to be releasing new mini campaigns for this along with characters and such. Like Avengers.
i assume thats what episodes are > we have two face and scarewrow up first season. i will pick this up at some point but right now i have no free time, but the internet just keeps spoiling this game its a mind field. Who do we reckin the next 2 playaber characters of season one are ? i reckon one has to be at least batman and
maybe mr freeze.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

It's a GAAS game, just replay the levels for some digital useless shit and wait for them to add new content.

9 hours sounds quite ok for someone with a family and limited free time. However this is a GAAS game that prioritises engagement so fuck this.

Kerotan

It depends. Destiny campaign could be beaten in less than this but fan's would spend thousands of hours on the game regardless. The main campaign of a GAAS isn't the most important part.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
If you've read any of the spoilers about the post season content, it'll become painfully apparent that they stripped the main game down so they can sell you more crap down the road.

GymWolf

It would not be a super bad news per se (less than 10 hours campaign for an OW is still faaaaar from optimal tho) but it looks like the story missions are kinda the only worth of being played while the open world activities are just gaas drivel type of missions of the worse type.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Devolution

Not really.

It reminds me of when in the early UE3 days every game was slathered with specular highlighting because its an eye-catching effect. Also, note the aggressive use of fish-eye projection used when Batman is in flight, giving an illusion of greater speed and space travelled than is the actual case.

Its funny how most people simply don't notice how so much of the "wow" factor is basically smoke and mirrors.

GymWolf

All they did was say how long it took to beat it, if anything you sound salty against IGN.
Nah ign is pretty salty.

They have released 4 tweets with bad veiled attempts to troll the game, first the price cut news before launch, then the spoiler, then another one that i can't remember and now this one, there is clearly a pattern and you don't see them doing this shit with beloved and hyped games, they are a bunch of salty whiny fuckers and tbf WB kinda deserve it because they got mad at at a negative preview, they deserve each other really, there is no good guy in this whole story.

Wb fucked up and ign has been unprofessional instead of just being only ridicolous as their usual.

Last edited:

Bond007

Not buying this.
However, nothing wrong with this length to me. Better than trying to cram a bunch of useless shit.

IGN sure is butthurt over this game.
I sure found it rather unprecedented to flat out hate on a preview. Save that for the review.

Last edited:
Having a shorter campaign length for a GaaS is totally fine so long as there's fun activities to do outside of that or the story itself is just that excellent.

It'll be...interesting to hear the discourse on Hellblade 2's length when that launches.

Top Bottom