• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] Where Are All the PS5 Games?

midnightAI

Their major studios -
Guerrilla released a game in 2022.
SSM - 2022
Insomniac - 2023
Housemarque - 2021
Sucker Punch - 2020
Sony Bend - 2019 (but LOTS of drama, Hulst-related drama)
Naughty Dog - 2020 (but also a major canceled game)

Just from this, you would think that SP, Bend, and ND would have something getting close, but two of those studios had problems (and yes, I think ND is lying about the resources they committed to Factions 2). So, I guess it's a combination of a couple of their studios dropping the ball but also, the fact is, they have released major, expensive, AAA, highly rated games recently. They can't operate with releases like they did on PS3, it's just impossible without lowering the standards people expect.
Bend has been working as a support studio for many of the first party games, I believe this then gave them time to get up to speed with UE5, with which they'll be making a new IP.

Rockman33

The only title I am personally looking forward to is Ghost of Tsushima 2.

GoW Ragnarock, SpiderMan 2 and Horizons 2 were disappointing for me.
Agreed. Although it sounds like I liked Spiderman 2 a bit more than you. Didn’t think it was disappointing but definitely didn’t have the excitement like I did for 1.

StereoVsn

Agreed. Although it sounds like I liked Spiderman 2 a bit more than you. Didn’t think it was disappointing but definitely didn’t have the excitement like I did for 1.
Gameplay was fine I thought but wasn’t the fan of the story, “modern messaging” and that they are going to move away from Peter as Spider-Man in future titles.

Topher

Gold Member
Yet your here playing

The Office I Give Up GIF

Everybody making fun of Sony for not releasing games and then Naughty Dog drops the game of the generation again and the rest of the industry plays catch up.
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

I must have blinked and missed the last eight generations of videogames. I don't even remember a time when first party games were GOTG material.

Demon's Souls
Helldivers 2
FF7 Remake & Rebirth
FFXVI
Returnal
Horizon Forbidden West
Spider-Man games
Ragnarok
Ghost of Tsushima
Cyberpunk
Ratchett & Clank
Elden Ring
Hogwarts
Baldurs Gate 3
Hades
Control
RE4 Remake
Stellar Blade
Sekiro

Yeah there's no games to play at all on PS5. Worst console in the history of the world.
can play all of those on pc except for like 3 games.
and i wouldnt have a problem with that if those 3 games were just really good.

gamecube had melee, re4 og, metroid prime, thousand year door, etc.
and that was from a purple dingleberry console
81waV+C0+9L.jpg

Kssio_Aug

Demon's Souls
Helldivers 2
FF7 Remake & Rebirth
FFXVI
Returnal
Horizon Forbidden West
Spider-Man games
Ragnarok
Ghost of Tsushima
Cyberpunk
Ratchett & Clank
Elden Ring
Hogwarts
Baldurs Gate 3
Hades
Control
RE4 Remake
Stellar Blade
Sekiro

Yeah there's no games to play at all on PS5. Worst console in the history of the world.
Well, that's a shit list. I hope you didn't struggle making it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What does the word "proportional" mean to you? And where did I ever say PS5 Pro would be best selling model? This is what I said:

In aggregrate, PS5 will outsell PS4 primarily because of GTA VI. As a subset, PS5 Pro will outsell PS4 Pro because of GTA VI AND the fact that it has no competition this gen.

The ps5 has one year tops to play gtavi and then it will goto PC. It's not going to save the generation.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I prefer radio silence over CGI trailers for games that are 5 years off

^ what did they accomplish with this junk?

Ijokingly said Haven (Jade Raymond)s game was never gonna come out.
I legit forgot they actually announced what that game was.
Damn.

I hope I didnt jinx them.
GAR86Q3XoAA--M3

Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, FF7 Rebirth, Stellar Blade, Concord, New Astrobot. All of those games are published/co-developed by Playstation studios, except FF7 Rebirth, which Sony co-financed.

True, Sony doesnt have a major first party blockbuster, but imo, this has the chance to be one Playstation's best years ever, especially if Concord lands. It reminds me of the PS2 days, incredible variety

Rockman33

Doesn’t matter, it didn’t do anything for Xbox. It should have been at least made to skip Game Pass, probably also launched on PS5 (which we know will happen).
Being the biggest launch game ever for bethesda(according to them), who is owned by Xbox is nothing? 🤡

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I was really hoping that 4 years in we would really see some next level gaming experiences...the ssd being used for more than just fast loading.

If spider man 2 fast travel Is the best thing we get this gen I'm gonna be sad.

Last edited:
Sony just released Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, FFVII Rebirth is exclusive, TLOU2 Remastered released in January and they are really asking where are all the games?

You have new IPs, sequels, a remake and a remaster from all types and genres.

IGN has to be trolling.

Sony has done this for years. They have nothing else announced because they have a conference coming up. That's when they will announce their future plans.

But get that hit newspiece IGN.

Top Bottom