• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Industry analyst Serkan Toto seems to be hinting at a Zelda remake by the end of the year

You gotta pay for Twilight Princess again.
04uiSAh.png

Barakov

Gold Member
We just got a Zelda this year. Seems like it might be a bit soon but if the Switch 2 hits in 2024 a remastered Zelda might be something they could release at launch for that thing.

Robb

Gold Member
If true I’m hoping for another remake from Grezzo and not just a port of the TP/WW HD remasters.

Last edited:
There's no time left to announce it unless they do a shadow drop at TGA but that would be very unlike Nintendo to do,especially with a huge moneymaker like Zelda so....No.
This year's TGA might be an incredible array of trailers or it might drop the ball completely. There are a lot of high profile games and leaks swirling around to where everything is pointing to TGA being the reveal venue. Geoff just has to secure the goods and not let the console publishers take all of the good stuff for their own winter directs.

FeralEcho

This year's TGA might be an incredible array of trailers or it might drop the ball completely. There are a lot of high profile games and leaks swirling around to where everything is pointing to TGA being the reveal venue. Geoff just has to secure the goods and not let the console publishers take all of the good stuff for their own winter directs.
I hope so but regardless this year has been absolutely stellar.Not gonna be mad if they hold onto a Zelda remake announcement for Switch 2.

I hope so but regardless this year has been absolutely stellar.Not gonna be mad if they hold onto a Zelda remake announcement for Switch 2.
I think TGAs being an overall win in terms of trailers and gameplay reveals would make for the best ending of 2023 gaming. He managed to get the Bayonetta prequel game reveal last time. I think realistically he could secure something like a Zelda remake...maybe? Idk.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Well I'm still expecting a switch 2 reveal before Christmas, so it's probably botw in enhanced form for Switch 2.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
I remember when industry analyst said the Switch 2 was coming at the end of the year, circa 2021.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Well I'm still expecting a switch 2 reveal before Christmas, so it's probably botw in enhanced form for Switch 2.

Unlikely. Nintendo will want to squeeze out as many Switch sales as they can this Christmas.

Switch 2 reveal is more likely to be in Spring 2024 with a release later that year.

I still think it is possible. I’m more expecting something like 4 swords adventures for Nintendo online or tri force heroes for Nintendo online.

Possible but unlikely. They could release Twilight Princess and Wind Waker but I can't imaging a remake being released before the end of the year. Would love to see Minish Cap in the style of Links Awakening. Would be perfect for a miniature world but they already have Paper Mario and Maro RPG and they will likely space stuff like this out.

Kataploom

Gold Member
You gotta pay for Twilight Princess again.
Well I emulated it from an iso downloaded from a torrent, if anything this will give me the chance to pay for it lol I had no money back then so rereleases help me pay for some games I pirated when I was younger.

But I don't believe this analyst, Nintendo won't put two Zelda releases the same year and they would have announced it by now in a direct.

Holammer

They should do a complete remake of Twilight Princess just for its memetic power. Also, the game is also kinda shite, so it needs plenty of work to change core mechanics and the funky early 2000's edge art direction. It definitely haven't aged gracefully.

Dorago

A full 3D big (not open) world Zelda 1 remake would be nice. Reimagining the dungeons would be the hardest part. A more ambitious game would be combining Zelda 1 and 2 into one big reimagining. A different art style, e.g. like the old game manual concept art, would be nice too.

AngelMuffin

Why wait for the Switch 2 to announce/release?. There’s no chance it will be an exclusive to Switch 2 so what would be the point?

Zannegan

A full 3D big (not open) world Zelda 1 remake would be nice. Reimagining the dungeons would be the hardest part. A more ambitious game would be combining Zelda 1 and 2 into one big reimagining. A different art style, e.g. like the old game manual concept art, would be nice too.
I thought Zelda 1 already was open world? Nintendo kept referencing that when they talked about going back to their roots with the freedom of BotW. Zelda 2 certainly wasn't though, so there's that.

To your point, it would be interesting if they used reimaginings of older titles to keep the classic Zelda formula alive while continuing with the more successful open world approach for new entries.

FeralEcho

Why wait for the Switch 2 to announce/release?. There’s no chance it will be an exclusive to Switch 2 so what would be the point?
The same reason Sony waited for the PS5 Showcase to show GT7 and Horizon Forbidden West,both PS5 games also available on PS4 which could've been shown before the PS5 announcement. Nintendo will have all eyes on them at the Switch successor announcement and they'll want to fill it with announcements and it's not like Switch is hemoraging game announcements,We just got the amazing Mario Wonder and Super Mario RPG is coming up soon.Nevermind the fact that TOTK also got released this year.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Bit offtopic, but i always wanted to play Wind waker. Is it still playable today? Or should i avoid it?

Stafford

And releasing this year? Yeah, doubt that very very much. Would be crazy though, TGA reveal and then shadow drop perhaps?

Last edited:
Top Bottom