• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward on CoD: Ghosts - "Everybody thinks we're going to kill the dog"

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
"Everybody thinks we're going to kill the dog," Rubin told the Associated Press. "Maybe that's the expected thing we would do, so maybe it's not what we'll do? We'll see. People around here didn't know, and they had that same sentiment: 'We better not kill the dog.' The emotional investment for the dog here has been just as strong as what's happening out in the public."

In June, Infinity Ward community manager Tina Palacios said "it's a constant debate" at the studio about whether Riley will die or not. "But we do have an answer," she said at the time.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/in...nks-we-re-going-to-kill-the-dog/1100-6415667/

Goon Boon

Banned
I'm predicting a scene where you think the dog is dead, but they come back at the end of the game with like cyborg parts.

Begaria

They'll make us think the dog dies. It'll probably just fall down a large crevasse somewhere, only to show during the ending credits limping on one foot.

Sheroking

I'd bet my PS4 money that they originally wanted to kill the dog for cheap emotional punch, saw that the entire internet immediately counted on it happening, and rushed to change that bit.

Dogs shouldn't be vulnerable in games for the same reason kids shouldn't; it's emotionally manipulative.

So?

There's 'cheap' and then there's 'earned'.

myca77

FInal twist of the game,
the dog doesn't die, the dog turns traitor and kills you and your team. Spy dog!

Damn, ninja'd

Taker34

Banned
Who cares about the dog?! I feel like they make it a bigger thing than it actually is. I cared more about the space hamster in Mass Effect than about that random German Shepherd dog.

kudoboi

10422247996_d676fb16bb_o.gif

yep.

AHA-Lambda

So now they'll make it look like they kill off the dog and then show he isn't actually dead.

The dog is now Captain Price.

JDSN

Banned
I love how they decide to perceive it as an emotional investment on the dog and not a justified cynicism towards the boring, insipid and fabricated attempts to create controversy.

Oh god I hope the playable character dies then it does the big dramatic COD character switch and you have to play as the dog for a few levels.

Raide

Going by the past CoD games, you will get some slow motion choice to kill the bad guy and the dog dives in to save you and takes the bullet.

Leb

I think the most likely scenario, based on the launch trailer, is that the dog receives a grievous wound and the camera switches to his perspective as all the soldiers gather around him... and then the dog's eyes close for the final time and you see a scene from the dog's youth where he's carefree and happy, bounding through the luscious green grass in a yard with a white picket fence.

Then there's the post-credits scene and we see the dog, looking at out at us through a peculiar round window... and the camera zooms back and BLAMMO the dog is on the space station with the female astronaut who became your love interest...

But then suddenly, back on Earth...!

And cue Ghosts 2.

I'd be afraid to play through the story mode. I'm a huge dog person and I will not invest 4 hours of story to have my dog die in the end. I'd be devestated.

I bet there will be a dog/dog love scene. Then the main dog dies to save his puppy.

Then in Ghosts 2 the puppy is back and hunting for revenge!

Dogs have been in the MP for years as a killstreak and you can kill the shit out of them.

Tank blast? Dead dog.
Grenade? Dead dog.
Shoot the dog.
Knife the dog.
C4 the dog.
Claymore the dog.

Most people are not going to give a shit about the dog dying, which it probably will.

Ofc not, that would be too obvious, they're going for the still very obvious option where the main dude sacrifices himself to save the dog.

LQX

What a world we live in that in a game where the main objective is to kill humans most of the outrage would come from killing a dog.

Bookoo

I like how they are calling it "emotional investment" when really it is because it would be cliche.

My prediction either dog dies (which seems less likely now) or one of the main characters dies saving the dog.

Top Bottom