• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward on CoD: Ghosts - "Everybody thinks we're going to kill the dog"

Nome

It's the final mission.

The bad guy is on top of the protagonist, about to stab/shoot him.
The player takes the perspective of the limping dog, who pounces on the bad guy as the screen is covered is mayonnaise (dogs can't see the red of ketchup).

gryz

Banned
man everyone laughed when they showed that stupid dog but look at how much free publicity it bought them

ruxtpin

Banned
You are doge.

End of the game reveal = You wake up and realize you were a corgi chasing a squirrel around the yard, all while day-dreaming that you were a human commanding a German Shepard during WW4.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm not saying they're gonna kill the dog...

*holds up spread hands*

But they're gonna kill the dog.

gryz

Banned
You are doge.

End of the game reveal = You wake up and realize you were a corgi chasing a squirrel around the yard, all while day-dreaming that you were a human commanding a German Shepard during WW4.

if only this was really what happened

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
BZb3WxM.png

My body is ready

Final mission

Usual Call of Duty Michael Bay setpiece press A to Awesome

The main bad guy, after killing your dog, point his gun at you too and pulls the trigger

Black screen

Credits roll and eventually end. Achievement unlocked for beating game, e.t.c.

But then someone starts talking

"Sometimes one must brandish a sword so that another may be kept in it's sheath."

The words INFINITY WARD IS PROUD TO PRESENT appear

GUEST STUDIO: PLATINUM GAMES

Hud fades into view

now YOU are the ghost dog

Exra 4 hour hack n' slash campaign influenced by Kamiya's hand written Devil May Cry concept notes from 1998 that to this day were believed by experts to have disappeared forever in the lost ancient city of Tokyo

It is literally the best videogame ever made

Dog straps himself to the nuke in a last ditch effort to disarm it on its way to the destination.

Last mission is you as the dog strapped to the nuke using your paws to cut the red wire

I'm predicting a scene where you think the dog is dead, but they come back at the end of the game with like cyborg parts.

They'll trick you into thinking that's what they're doing, but then they don't, the dog actually dies. But then it had puppies and there's puppies everywhere! Yaaaaay! :D

God damn you Turner & Hooch. :(

Nafai1123

Banned
The dog was never a dog, it is your squad mate that you view as a dog due to some psychological disorder. As the game progresses, more and more people start turning into dogs. Then at the end, you realize you are a dog playing in a dog park.

Jachaos

Instead, you die and the dog is sad because it lost its master ? I could see that happening. The dog being left sad instead of the character you control.

The dog was never a dog, it is your squad mate that you view as a dog due to some psychological disorder. As the game progresses, more and more people start turning into dogs. Then at the end, you realize you are a dog playing in a dog park.

That would actually be much better for me than the recent FPS stories. The ending scene would be fun. It'd also be artistically interesting, it'd make a statement. The hilarity of the reaction that would ensue the game's release would also be a plus.

OryoN

Cause killing a dog in a game where you kill hundreds of human characters is just inhumane.

Imagine the outcry in the canine community!

Top Bottom