• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward on CoD: Ghosts - "Everybody thinks we're going to kill the dog"

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
IW, can we have this as alternate skin for Riley?

jxfvhbumxue6.png

The dog is the soul of your squad leader, who got killed in the first mission, and you were almost fatally injured. It's in your mind, goading you to finish the mission and leading you to objectives, and you collapse and die in peace once you kill the terrorist leader and hit the "DISARM NUKE" button

You kill the foreign baddie wanting to nuke the world, his partner comes out and is about to shoot you as your beloved dog jumps in front of you to take the bullet. You grab your gun and kill the chinese/russian/arabian scum before disarming the nuke. You and your squad cry over your dog's body. He is buried beneath a single cherry tree with an American flag as a tombstone. Children around the world weep. A national holiday is dedicated to his memory.

$5.99 DLC skin RIP Dog-Shaped Robot Buddy

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
They are clearly killing the hell out of that dog.

I still don't give a damn. No emotional investment at all, in case anybody from Infinity Ward is watching.

But you're killing that dog.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They'll do a fake out like Shadow of the Colossus with the horse.

pantsmith

If they killed everyone except for the dog, I'd play it.

Like, the game ends on some tragic shot of the dog surrounded by the corpses of his friends and foes. Bittersweet because he got revenge, but what was the cost? Who is going to pet him now?

Actually the last shot would be the president trying to shake his hand, but he refuses and holds his salute. The dog is given the title of Big Boss (or Big Dog?).

mclem

The Dog will turn out to be the chessmaster behind the scenes, setting himself up as the lead villain in Ghosts 2.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If they killed everyone except for the dog, I'd play it.

Like, the game ends on some tragic shot of the dog surrounded by the corpses of his friends and foes. Bittersweet because he got revenge, but what was the cost? Who is going to pet him now?

Actually the last shot would be the president trying to shake his hand, but he refuses and holds his salute. The dog is given the title of Big Boss (or Big Dog?).

Nothing stops Big Dog from completing his mission.

ibvBGroOVyPXLa.gif

NOTHING.

For some reason, I had no idea what they were talking about, so I guessed that the "dog" represented the COD franchise. Makes much less sense than a game developer being interviewed about animal rights, I suppose.

Sober

Where is that CoDGhosts gif with the dog defusing a nuke at the end?

Or maybe we find out in Ghosts 2 that Riley was the one that caused the disaster and is actually fighting for the Americans to some for his sins.

Or Riley is Gaius Baltar or something.

I'm predicting a scene where you think the dog is dead, but they come back at the end of the game with like cyborg parts.

The dog will get killed, but next game there'll be a similar looking dog wearing a mask portrayed by the same dog voice actor with an ominous sounding name referencing the death of the dog in the previous game. This dog will also die.

So... it'll be like BLOPS II and your choices throughout the game will decide which ending you get and whether or not the dog lives?

Savitar

They'll fake killing the dog or tease it.....and he'll be alright.

THEN BAM.

OMFG they killed my dog.

It shall be.

You'll probably get a puppy in the end too.

Top Bottom