• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Games tweet strange?

Pagusas

Elden Member
I know you're joking, but I don't think Microsoft is buying anyone until this Activision deal goes through. They don't want to give them any reason to block it.
yes joking, but I will say MS came right out and said there is no chance the Activision deal gets blocked, MS is literally in 3rd place (by their own admission) of a 3-company race and the activation deal won't change that.

Not with their ugly games they are not. They make great amazing games sure. But as devs they are trash

Agreed, lol, its calling GameFreak a top 5 dev because they put out good gameplay and are super popular... They are no where near a top 1000 dev, but they struck gold with a formula and are going to keep at it. From is the same, though way better than Gamefreak obviously.

Last edited:
This is so stupid, the implication that a Playstation studio would somehow tease any future acquisition, some people really ...............

:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

PlayStation-Bluepoint.jpg

BreakOut

Yeah I was just looking at that thinking it was weird that’s the reason I came on here actually. It probably doesn’t mean anything. But lately I wouldn’t be surprised. Activision, bungie I think no one saw those coming.

Thief1987

Hmm...Well, I would not read too much into it: Sony has the marketing rights for Elden Ring after all.
They have? Then it's a very strange marketing rights, because game was announced on MS presentation, and Sony hasn't show a second of ER on theirs.

Last edited:

Three

Since when Insomniac promote other than Sony/PlayStation studios? they never did.
I've got to admit that it is a little bit strange that they created the slanted images that they usually use for their in house characters. Other than that it looks like a totally normal post.

Fredrik

I'm sure FromSoft wants to stay independent
They are not independent, they are currently owned by Kadokawa.
They don't publish most of their games either as it is, having to make deals with other publishers all the time. If anything, it would streamline the creative process and not have them dilute resources looking for publishing agreements.

dotnotbot

They are not independent, they are currently owned by Kadokawa.
They don't publish most of their games either as it is, having to make deals with other publishers all the time. If anything, it would streamline the creative process and not have them dilute resources looking for publishing agreements.
Independent from platform I meant. In their case I'm sure development process isn't affected by those deals with publishers.

Last edited:

FingerBang

I have actually heard Kadokawa would be willing to sell From Software and Sony is currently trying to buy them, but this is all stuff that is hard to prove

Vaelka

'' Someone who works for Sony looks in a game studios direction ''.

People: '' OMG SONY IS BUYING FROMSOFT CONFIRMED! ''

Aenima

Whats weird is that the blogpost is suposed to be hype for Elden Ring, but these tweets dont even mention Elden Ring.
Microsoft was the one that used Elden Ring in they show, does MS has the marketing rights for the game?

Top Bottom