• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is A Bluepoint Bloodborne Game Really Necessary?

Which Game Should Bluepoint Remake Next From PS Catalogue?

• Total voters

anthony2690

Banned
As if ape escape has the lowest amount of votes!

What is wrong with you people?!

Shame on all off you!

That being said, I'd prefer team asobi to make a new ape escape.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Yall have seen the rumors. And honestly, I love Bloodborne. I really do. It was my first Soulslike and what a beauty. But do we really need a Remake? In my opinion that’s a waste of resources. Instead, I give you Exhibit A

81zHIBnnUVL._SL1026_.jpg

This game to this day holds my top 5 spots for RPG’s. 4 discs so incredibly long but in my opinion worth the journey.

Unique turn based action intuitive action combat with the addition systems, cool flying dragon based storyline with grand set pieces and amazing music.

What say you GAF? Is it worth it for Playstation to remake a PS4 game? Or should they pull deeper from their catalogue and grab something more shocking?

Edit: Rumor is Remaster not remake for Bloodborne

Edit 2: How Relevant

Legend of Dragoon is one of my favorite PS1 games next to MGS, and RE 2. The work that would be needed to full realize Legend of dragoon would be staggering. Especially since it would need to be reimagined. FFVII remake shows that reimagining gameplay wise is the right decision IMHO.

So amount of work needing to be done on top of the story which needs to be touched up and expanded when it comes to the different races in the games like Winlgy's, Gigantos, etc.

Since the ground work is already laid for a bloodborne sequel I believe thats the lesser of two evils. And if the sequel is being done story wise by From I dont see where everyone is worried about Bluepoint. This gives them ample time to beef up, and will prove to sony direction wise that they can create their own mythos for bosses.

Looking at FFVII Remake you would have to realize the amount of work needed to just do Midgar. Legend of dragoon for the new gen would need the same treatment as the game is a product of its time, and was not a masterpiece like FFVII was.

So changes and improvements to story/characters/locations even Musical Score would heavily be needed. On top of making the decision to do multiple games to tell the original games overarching story.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Gamers are weird when it comes to dogpiling on something that may or may not be true.

Why not just wait for something to be confirmed before getting worked up over it? For all we know, Bluepoint is highly capable at making an original title. I would think that recreating Demon's Souls and (potentially) Bloodborne would give them a good idea on how the art direction and gameplay should be. Yea it's not the original team but it's not like there's a shortage of Souls games.

I think there's room for Bluepoint to make a Bloodborne sequel. Let's remember, the sequel could be better than the OG Bloodborne and people will still bitch cause it's not From Software. This is one of those instances where it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

All I'm saying is that we should all relax until we get confirmation of anything.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I'd love a syphon filter remake. But even more a Bloodborne PC port. And that's way more likely if Bloodborne 2 is releases.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I agree with you legend of dragoon or syphon filter remake are more urgent right now

Bloodborne is a 2015 game and doesnt really need a remake for now way to soon for that

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

For as spectacular as Bloodborne is, I think a remaster is both very fitty and necessary. I mean, if it was okay for The Last of Us to get one, why shouldn't Bloodborne?

truth411

I'd rather they remake:
Uncharted 2 or
Killzone 2 or
God Of War 2

Preferably God Of War 2 if not that then Killzone 2.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I don't know that any game is necessary but for people who enjoy it the game could be fun.

It feels weird seeing people ask for a remaster of such a relatively recent game. A res and FPS bump feels like all it would really need.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
No sony ip that could be remastered excites me.

They should do there own original ip, its time.
They have shown time and time again that they have great talent.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
If there is any game in last two gens that honestly needs a remaster it’s frame pace intolerant Bloodborne

So there is a reason why I haven't read your initial post. Your thread is titled

"Is A Bluepoint Bloodborne Game Really Necessary?"​

If you can't see how that is being said in a very negative manner or connotation then I do not know what to tell you.
Lol at admitting to drive by posting

Holammer

Played some Ape Escape 3 recently. A reboot of the series would be welcome.
The controls must've seemed like a good idea at the time, but playing it today is a freak'n nightmare, so they could drop the archaic controls and modernize.

bender

What time is it?
Played some Ape Escape 3 recently. A reboot of the series would be welcome.
The controls must've seemed like a good idea at the time, but playing it today is a freak'n nightmare, so they could drop the archaic controls and modernize.

The control layout was as it was to sell the DualShock. As much as I'd love a new Ape Escape, the appeal seems far too law for the modern iteration of Sony Studios to be interested in.

Holammer

The control layout was as it was to sell the DualShock. As much as I'd love a new Ape Escape, the appeal seems far too law for the modern iteration of Sony Studios to be interested in.
Oh I know, it was the first game I played with a DualShock. Back then people did not know how to use it, but today the right analog stick is synonymous with camera control.
Appeal far too low? Fie, I say! The majority of Nintendo's output got the same cartoon'ish look. There's clearly a market.

Reboot the series and let Mine Yoshizaki do the character designs, they clearly aped his style in AE3 anyway. *pats self for epic pun*

Lol at admitting to drive by posting
Does this mean you are admitting too shitty titling? Not really a drive by post. Learn how to properly title your shit. If you were honest you would of said in your title "I love Bloodborne, but is a remaster necessary?" Therefore, your post is low quality bait and most likely you do not like/love Bloodborne. Just admit it that you do not and stop hiding behind bushes pussycat.

MrFunSocks

Banned
They should focus on porting all the first party PS3 games IMO. At the moment those games are just dead in the water for the console playing population.

Short answer No

you could easily put resources into putting in better system os level functions like Boost mode in the ps4 but allow it to upscale/upres games with better framerates
that way you would not be bothering your studios remaking old games and investing in creating new and exciting IP

FUBARx89

Gives the PC lot who keep port begging a glimmer of hope 😂

But seriously, this trend of remastering generation old games is tiring tbh.

Trimesh

Banned
Gives the PC lot who keep port begging a glimmer of hope 😂

But seriously, this trend of remastering generation old games is tiring tbh.

It's the game business going down the same "we have no imagination and will just remake stuff" rabbit hole that the movie business went down decades ago. What really astonishes me are the fucking idiots that are cheering this trend on.

Personally, I have never bought any of these remakes and I never will, because I think it's a terrible trend and should be resisted as hard as possible.

Does this mean you are admitting too shitty titling? Not really a drive by post. Learn how to properly title your shit. If you were honest you would of said in your title "I love Bloodborne, but is a remaster necessary?" Therefore, your post is low quality bait and most likely you do not like/love Bloodborne. Just admit it that you do not and stop hiding behind bushes pussycat.
Do you want to come over to my place, grab a beer and browse through my trophy list to prove that I like BloodBorne to you? 🤦🏽‍♂️

I’m at a loss of words at this post

Last edited:

hipten

Neo Member
You either completely missed the point of this topic or your reading comprehension isn’t on point. There isn’t a single point where the OP said that he hated Bloodborne. He asked a question is a remake/remaster necessary. Where are you getting that OP had hate for the game ?

Its a remaster, they are just gonna clean up the graphics, add a few extras, and 4k 60fps. Seems a no brainer to me, don't know what op is going crazy about, its gonna take them what, 1year maybe.

hipten

Neo Member
Its a remaster, they are just gonna clean up the graphics, add a few extras, and 4k 60fps. Seems a no brainer to me, don't know what op is going crazy about, its gonna take them what, 1year maybe.
Isn’t that the point though. That year could go to another game that actually needs said port/remaster/remake.

Kamina

Golden Boy
A Remaster for PS5 is sufficient from my point of view. Doesn’t need to be a Remake.
But yes, a Bluepoint Bloodborne is necessary.

Higher Res
Higher FPS
No frame-pacing issues
updated Textures
Reworked Characters (especially Faces)

Last edited:

Orpheum

I'd love to see a BB1 remaster and a Soul Reaver remake.

BB2 isn't necessary even if miyazaki did it but if they are working on a BB1 remaster then they would have two Soulsborne games under their belt which could actually work out since they should know what these games are about.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Didn't vote because I hate remakes.

I'm sick and tired of remaking everything.

We need new fucking ideas. Put Bluepoint on a new IP.
Nah, Shadow of the colossus, Demons Souls needed remakes. These are true classics that needed to remind todays generation of what gaming was like back then. Not the rinse and repeat, open world, micro transaction filled dross of today.

Mobilemofo

It is not necessary but in these first few years, remasters and remakes bring in the cash. Sony know people will buy them in the absence of major AAA, outside of a few.

100% yes. Actually I would have preferred if they did this in the first place instead of demon souls.

Bloodborne is a masterpiece, but lacking in the performance and visual department (looks a little rough on a 4k display)

I would love to see a remake. This game with shine on PS5

Banned
all that Bloodborne needs is a PS5 patch that gives it 60fps and a higher resolution.

no need to remaster or even remake it... just patch it so that it doesn't run like shit anymore

NahaNago

I like the idea of bluepoint creating a sequel to a game.

It got me thinking about what if Sony created some smaller teams and had them first help out in development, then move on to creating dlc story content/expansions, and then possibly have them making sequels purely by themselves. They could either grow small teams inside a larger studio or simply create or buy a studio to do this.

Legend of Dragoon remake or sequel is never happening.

Top Bottom