• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Kojima teasing a Sony acquisition ?

kretos

Banned
was checking Kojima's twitter feed he posted something cool about MGS

then i saw this tweet with a reply from Playstation studios boss

sounds normal, but take a closer look

giphy.gif

E5Ma4eHUcAEUo2-

4901593368-98c10e24b9-b_37d8.jpg

Kojima sucking up to his new boss? why would he have a mouse pad with Playstation under boss on it?

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

TidusYuna

Sounds like he left us a clue all the way back in MGS1. #TEAMREAL

Play in Mono, the Colonel says "Fuck this sh*t sound, remake me on the PS5 and we can complete this mission. You're on your own Snake, I'm out." I haven't confirmed any of this.

Last edited:

yurinka

Abandoned is the MGS remake made by Blueb...Bluepoint, who now are part of PlayStation Studios

Funny how only this major douche is talking about Kojima / MS exclusive. Has literally anyone else come out with credible sources?

PS: I mean Grub, not you HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 :messenger_grinning_smiling: :messenger_peace:
Grub is a MS shill who said stuff like Starfield was coming 2021 but MS shown it as a 2022 game and only was able to show a CG, so who knows if will be a 2022. He isn't credible.

Meanwhile Kojima announced the Death Stranding Director's Cut for PS5, hinted MSG stuff, followed again Konami on Twitter and now is tweeting about MGS1 with a Hermen Hulst mouse pad.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Next up, Kojima stated that Kojima Productions is planning to work on multiple game projects, one of which would be a “big” game. However, Kojima would also like to try doing smaller games, like episodic games and digital-only games. He’s unsure he’ll be able to manage that, but he hopes he’ll be able to develop and release smaller games while he keeps working on a bigger game project.

Last edited:
Next up, Kojima stated that Kojima Productions is planning to work on multiple game projects, one of which would be a “big” game. However, Kojima would also like to try doing smaller games, like episodic games and digital-only games. He’s unsure he’ll be able to manage that, but he hopes he’ll be able to develop and release smaller games while he keeps working on a bigger game project.

So, smaller games on Xbox, bigger game on PS?

I wasnt trying to derail and didnt think that tweet was thread worthy by itself.

Wouldnt shock me either way whats going on just funny how Grub of all people gets this scoop?
I know that guy only from his summer games mess on twitter last year where I think he got half the things wrong. Or at least had to come up with "adjustments" every other week.
I don't have any source to prove him wrong, so we'll see soon enough :messenger_sunglasses:

Sacred

Abandoned is the MGS remake made by Blueb...Bluepoint, who now are part of PlayStation Studios

Grub is a MS shill who said stuff like Starfield was coming 2021 but MS shown it as a 2022 game and only was able to show a CG, so who knows if will be a 2022. He isn't credible.

Meanwhile Kojima announced the Death Stranding Director's Cut for PS5, hinted MSG stuff, followed again Konami on Twitter and now is tweeting about MGS1 with a Hermen Hulst mouse pad.

This is not confirmation of anything and multiple outlets have reported this exclusivity deal.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

I think this is closer to the truth.

yurinka

So, smaller games on Xbox, bigger game on PS?

Kojipro stated they want to make manga, a mecha anime, a movie and plan to make multiple games. Sony (who is making the MGS movie) can help them to do all this things, even the manga thanks to their partnership with Kadokawa.

Meanwhile, Kojima recently announced Death Stranding Director's Cut and tweets stuff about Metal Gear with a Hermen Hulst mouse pad. Seems pretty happy with Sony and Sony with them too since DS on PS4 was profitable, got good reviews, got DSDC greenlighted and they are repeating the 'let's fund as a 2nd party new IP the first game of the new studio created by the key people behind that super popular AAA IP' idea with Jade Raymond, the Destiny guys and the CoD BO guys.

Kojima doesn't need to go with MS when Sony already gives them blank check and full cretive freedom.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Kojima is clearly utilizing a Colonel of wisdom he's procured in his years in the industry. While some might see the Xbox rumors as The End of his tenure with Sony, I think it's clear to anyone that he's not one to burn Bridges so quickly. I think he's going to develop for both. Still, man, I hope he doesn't eventually pick one side or the other. There'd be Zero benefit to the loyal fans that way.

yurinka

You know that In Engine is not CGI right?
Yes. And I know the Hellblade II trailer shown back in 2019 was supposed to be inengine but the engine that the game will use will be released this year, and almost two years after that video the game still isn't in production.

And also know that MS has like half a dozen games announced with a short video and a logo and many of them don't even have a release year, and we know some of them are in early stages of development years after their announcement and/or that the engine they will use still isn't ready.

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
Yes. And I know the Hellblade II trailer shown back in 2019 was supposed to be inengine but the engine that the game will use will be released this year, and almost two years after that video the game still isn't in production.

And also know that MS has like half a dozen games announced with a short video and a logo and many of them don't even have a release year, and we know some of them are in early stages of development years after their announcement and/or that the engine they will use still isn't ready.
You are crying at a wrong tree

Trailer said it's in-engine which and that's clearly not CGI and that means you are factually wrong.

Also this
DSkpnM1.jpg

Soooo?

kyliethicc

I think this is closer to the truth.
It is truth. Kojima said that himself. He wants to work on multiple projects.

His next big AAA cinematic game will be Sony 1st party. Guarantee it. $70 PS5 PC.

But I doubt Jimbo would fund a bunch of weird 2 hour long digital game episodes that can only be streamed. That's why he says he "hopes" he can also do those smaller side ideas. Because he needs to find a publisher to fund it, Stadia, Xbox, Amazon, etc, and also will need to work on it in between or around his big game. Hence the episodic releases.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
was checking Kojima's twitter feed he posted something cool about MGS

then i saw this tweet with a reply from Playstation studios boss

sounds normal, but take a closer look

giphy.gif

E5Ma4eHUcAEUo2-

4901593368-98c10e24b9-b_37d8.jpg

Kojima's sucking up to his new boss? why would he have a mouse pad with playsation under boss on it?

Seems like he's offloading that Stadia game before the acquisition to fund the next PS exclusive. Kojima is a mastermind!

Why does the brand on his mouse say Logicool?

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
For those who do not know the story, kojima was touring PlayStation studios and Hermen gave him for free the guerrilha studios engine!
so yeah I expect they are best of friends now!
I wouldn’t call it free when Sony owns the death stranding ip.

Top Bottom