• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there a cocky character with a worse fight record than Vegeta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeSo

Banned
Meh, Vegeta vs 19 is still the most epic thing.

DOES A MACHINE LIKE YOURSELF EVER EXPERIENCE FEAR?

Just as I thought, you're nothing!

Lol Vegeta is the greatest character in the series. He doesn't give a fuck and he used to talk hella shit, it really didn't matter who it was. Vegeta is probably the hardest training character in the series and has had some good character development. He's barely weaker than Goku and Goku doesn't spend much as much time with his son and wife. Goku also had 7 years of training in heaven. Also Vegeta's son isn't a loser and actually saved the future. He didn't "let the kids handle it"

So, uh, I guess you're not watching super?

StayDead

I disagree, Goku lost by marrying Chi Chi, whom he hardly knew, when he could have gotten with Bulma easily. Chi Chi was basically a bad ending.

Vegeta have a much better wife, best girl in the series.

Modern Bulma is terrible. Also, Lunch is the best girl in the series.

Hero

You act like it was ever not ridiculous.

The whole deal is that he somehow learned shadow power (that green stuff) from someone and is actually extremely adept in martial arts, and for some reason the best thing that he can think to do with all of that awesome power is become an action movie star. It's like if Jax decided that the best use of his metal arms was to become the world arm-wrestling champion. He beat Kano, Sonya, and Reptile as well.

One of his endings (I can't remember if it's MK9 or MKX) has his shadow power growing to a point where he's essentially a god and he has to go to order realm to learn to keep it under control so he doesn't blow up the universe.

Cage has always been extremely talented when it comes to fighting, but he likes money and fame, so he went to Hollywood. He's like Mikey from the Ninja Turtles: brilliant but lazy.

That's been the case since the very first few games, and in canon it took an entire death squad to finally kill him.

Thanks for replying. I read what you all are saying but I still find that to be absurd.

Are there decent subs for that series yet?

Depends on what you mean by decent. It's being officially subbed and shown as a simulcast now on Crunchyroll and Daisuki. To steal from one of the OTs.

Q: How can I watch the show?
A: As of episode 63 Crunchyroll will simulcast in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand , Daisuki in North America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the U.K., Ireland, Germany, the Scandinavian Peninsula (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland), and "some other European countries" and AnimeLab in Australia and New Zealand. The entire current arc up to this point will also be available on Crunchyroll at that time (and presumably the other two as well). Previous episodes will be uploaded in chunks of 10 every week starting October 30th.

They're good enough for my tastes anyway? And the series is officially being dubbed now too, if anyone was waiting for that.

Two Words

Meh, Vegeta vs 19 is still the most epic thing.

DOES A MACHINE LIKE YOURSELF EVER EXPERIENCE FEAR?

Just as I thought, you're nothing!
Even Piccolo was stronger than 19.

Hiei in Yu yu Hakusho

Hiei has a pretty good fight record.

Loses to Yusuke, 0-1
Beats Seryu, 1-1
Beats Zeru, 2-1
Beats Makintaru, 3-1
Beats Bui, 4-1
Loses to Kaito, 4-2
Beats Sniper, 5-2
Loses to Sensui, 5-3
Beats 50 A class demons, 6-3
Beats Shigure, 7-3
Hiei wins an unknown amount of fights in the Demon World Tournament
Loses to Mukuro, 7-4

Village

Since eggman is the only one they alloy to genuinely loose in the game without caviat

eggman

Everyone beats up eggman, he'll get his revenge though. One day

In the comic is knuckles, knuckles taking all types of L's in the comic unfortunately

Paltheos

Dragonball Kai cuts out the filler and is much closer to the manga. It loses like 70 episodes worth of bloat.

It's a tough position. Kai is much shorter and looks cleaner but those are the only advantages it has. The Japanese language track for Dragonball anything has always been garbagio, primarily because Goku's VA is insufferable (legit I don't know how anyone can hear his voice and I enjoy it), and some of the English cast have gotten... a little too comfortable in their roles. Again Goku is a problem as he's played pure, pure paragon and it's kinda tough to stomach. Vegeta's too... deep and old allot of the time? A few of the cast changes are minor improvements IIRC and I actually like Krillin more in newer stuff.

The other issue with Kai is the soundtrack. It's the same problem in allot of Dragonball Z releases too - The original Japanese soundtrack is very adequate. Old releases of DBZ, with Ocean and later Funimation use their own, original soundtracks that have tons more character and add allot of energy to the show. I believe the best way to experience Dragonball Z is like most 90s kids did: The original 56(?) episodes on the Ocean dub and everything else after with Funimation's dub with Bruce Faulconer's soundtrack (although even of that I've found there are newer releases that add some needless lines and splice in some worse cuts).

caliph95

Cage has always been extremely talented when it comes to fighting, but he likes money and fame, so he went to Hollywood. He's like Mikey from the Ninja Turtles: brilliant but lazy.

That's been the case since the very first few games, and in canon it took an entire death squad to finally kill him.

Johnny Cage and his Daughter basically became god-level in MKX

zeemumu

Also, Necalli. LOL

Yeah, that's true.

Also, thinking back to Mortal Kombat, I think Quan Chi's only ever won a single 1v1 match canonically.
latest

He had to get Scorpion to beat Sub-Zero for him, and then got dragged to hell where he was basically running from Scorpion the entire time

He had to team up with Shang Tsung to beat Liu Kang, and even then he wasn't the one to land the killing blow

Had to double team Raiden

Canonically won against Shang Tsung afterwards

Got killed by Onaga

Died in the Armageddon brawl

Lost to Kung Lao

Loses every fight in MKX and has his balls stomped in by Sonya (literally)

Then gets arrested by Jax and Scorpion cuts his head off, and when Shinnok comes back and sees him, instead of resurrecting him as a reward for getting him out of the amulet, Shinnok just goes
b47.jpg

And Quan Chi was talking mad shit all the time.

And I guess Starscream too

PixelatedBookake

This is one of the most badass moments in the entire franchise

Vegeta's got a bunch of pretty solid W's in Super though. He beat Frost, Cabba, Magetta, and scored a win against Goku Black.

I would say it's Vegeta's definitive moment. Every part of it encapsulates his character. And to finish it off with Big Bang Attack? Glorious.

AColdDay

Vegeta is popular because Goku sucks and he acts as a mouthpiece for fans who are frustrated with the never-ending focus on Goku.

Basically, Vegeta is CM Punk and Goku is John Cena.

Two Words

Vegeta is popular because Goku sucks and he acts as a mouthpiece for fans who are frustrated with the never-ending focus on Goku.

Basically, Vegeta is CM Punk and Goku is John Cena.
They ruined Goku in DBZ. I don't think anybody ever minded Goku's good-heartedness or naïveté in Dragon Ball. But in DBZ, Goku has no personality outside of "I need to train". The time before he Cell Games is a rare moment for Goku.

That's the point with Vegeta and with DBZ in general:
Cockyness is punished. Vegeta often gets cocky and overconfident and pays it by a good margin... Until he stopped being like that.

Also happened to Gohan in the Cell fight.

Compbros

Hollywood movie star beat two ninja assassins? Is this seriously what MK canon is now?

He actually is descended from champions of old and has the power to defeat Gods. The green energy he harnesses is him tapping into it but he doesn't have full control otherwise he'd be damn near unbeatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom