• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Islamist Extremists celebrate Trump win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islamist extremists celebrate Trump’s election win
Social-media sites associated with both the Islamic State and al-Qaeda also hailed Trump’s success as the beginning of “dark times” for the United States, marked by domestic unrest and new foreign military campaigns that would sap the strength of the American superpower.
"Rejoice with support from Allah, and find glad tidings in the imminent demise of America at the hands of Trump,” said the Islamic State-affiliated al-Minbar Jihadi Media network, one of several jihadi forums to post commentaries on the results of the U.S. election.

"Trump’s win of the American presidency will bring hostility of Muslims against America as a result of his reckless actions, which show the overt and hidden hatred against them,” continued the essay, provided by the SITE Intelligence group, a private organization that monitors jihadists’ web sites.
A pro-a-Qaeda al-Maqalaat Twitter account predicted that Trump would “make the U.S. Enemy No. 1 again” in the Muslim Middle East.

“Trump will serve as the perfect straw man for the next four years, like Bush did before him,”
it said.

Now News, a Lebanese English-language website, aggregated a series of other comments from noted Salafist ideologues.
In a second tweet, he said that Trump "reveals the true mentality of the Americans, and their racism toward Muslims and Arabs and everything. He reveals what his predecessors used to conceal. So his victory further exposes America and its appendages.”
“Have you seen how pleasant a society it is!” tweeted another Salafist-jihadist mainstay, Abu Qatada al-Filastini, who was deported from Britain in 2014, to tens of thousands of followers. “This is the American society that [supposedly] opposes its leaders’ policies by not hating or disdaining the world, and then it votes by the millions for Trump!”

We will definitely have a major terrorist attack on our soil during his presidency due to the dumbass choices he makes. I hope I'm wrong, but they will look to attack us in moments of weakness. Just like with Bush.

epmode

It's a good thing that Trump knows exactly how to get rid of ISIS. Now that he won the election, we'll hear all about it!

Exokell

Banned
White rural America thinks Trump is gonna make America great again, while Islamic extremists think Trump will destroy America... lol?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
What about the 600-pound guy doing cyber?

Speevy

Banned

ice-cubes.jpg

Audioboxer

I'm not quite sure taking anything ISIS say as a surprise to be genuine. Every narrative out of their camp does anything to try and fuel a West and East divide. I swear if I see anyone saying anything about terrorist attacks being understandable because America voted by democracy for Trump ill lose my rag. This is not the time to make light of innocent lives lost due to anger at the election.

ISIS do not care you are upset Trump won, or understand your pain. Stop being disingenuous over a terrorist organisation who wish to kill and maim to spread their beliefs no matter the cost and no matter who is President.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I am shocked by this news, absolutely dumbfounded. Who could have possibly seen this coming? Why did no one tell us this would happen?

Oh wait...

The Beard

I'm not quite sure taking anything ISIS say as a surprise to be genuine. Every narrative out of their camp does anything to try and fuel a West and East divide. I swear if I see anyone saying anything about terrorist attacks being understandable because America voted by democracy for Trump ill lose my rag. This is not the time to make light of innocent lives lost due to anger at the election.

Yeah, this is bullshit. Giving these clowns attention is ridiculous. Like they wouldn't have found a reason to turn Hillary/Bill into the devil to make their followers want to attack America.

Of course they are. Obama (and even Bush) were thoughtful enough to separate Islam from terrorism. They want people to think there's a Holy war and Trump will gladly hand that to them. Trump might as well call whatever military action he takes in the ME Operation Christian Falcoln or something.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Trump, the preferred choice of ISIS, Russia, and anyone else that would gain from the US having a joke for leadership.

Audioboxer

Yeah, this is bullshit. Giving these clowns attention is ridiculous. Like they wouldn't have found a reason to turn Hillary into the devil to make their followers want to attack America.

They did it with Obama while there was people within America hitting on Obama due to him supposedly being a Muslim. ISIS kill and oppress no matter who the United States has as president.

MUnited83

For you.
Well, yeah, it played right into their hands. Thanks to Trump and their bunch of idiotic supporters, ISIS will have more power than ever.

ISIS do not care you are upset Trump won, or understand your pain. Stop being disingenuous over a terrorist organisation who wish to kill and maim to spread their beliefs no matter the cost and no matter who is President.

Yep, there would be the exact same sentiments expressed by the vile leaders if Hilary won, most likely even worse as she is a woman. This is par the course for this organisation.

Roman

They aren't even trying to hide their train of thought with this, and they aren't wrong.

Ironic given how "I will destroy ISIS" was a selling point to his voters.

Nanashrew

Banned
Of course. Their biggest desire is to remove the grey from the world and make everything black and white. Trump fits with their cause for extremism and lack of understanding or hope. Trump's entire campaign was driven by fear and hate, just like they want.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
"Rejoice with support from Allah, and find glad tidings in the imminent demise of America at the hands of Trump,” said the Islamic State-affiliated al-Minbar Jihadi Media network, one of several jihadi forums to post commentaries on the results of the U.S. election.

"Trump’s win of the American presidency will bring hostility of Muslims against America as a result of his reckless actions, which show the overt and hidden hatred against them,” continued the essay, provided by the SITE Intelligence group, a private organization that monitors jihadists’ web sites.

He's right.

Well, that's the whole point of terrorism, isn't it? They feed off of fear and overly reactionary decisions. Trump is an extremist's dream since the next 4 years will give them more bait to draw others to their cause than they know how to deal with.

They were saying this during the campaign. Some ny newspapers posted about it. Isis twitter has been clamoring for a trump win because it will make radicalization easier.

Audioboxer

He's right.

Yeah... I think it's best to acknowledge this person "who's right" that you want to agree with is most likely not going to now rally around a democratic push to voting Trump out and praise the Democrats for choosing a good next leader to stand in 2020. But in some way rejoice about the idea of spilling innocent American blood due to Trump.

Think about that next time you want to say a Jihadist is right. Or are we now bracing for the next level of discourse on GAF to be quoting twitter posts from Islamic extremist accounts saying Trump is bad with a post underneath going "this guy is right".

MMarston

Yeah... I think it's best to acknowledge this person "who's right" that you want to agree with is most likely not going to now rally around a democratic push to voting Trump out and praise the Democrats for choosing a good next leader to stand in 2020. But in some way rejoice about the idea of spilling innocent American blood due to Trump.

Think about that next time you want to say a Jihadist is right.

I said he's right.

Never said the guy was any less of murderous shit bag.

koji kabuto

Extremist LOVE Trump for the one main reason : The biggest Enemy of the extremists in middle east is liberals and moderate Muslims who disarm the idea of viewing the US and the western countries as an Enemy. they are having a huge success and you can see the numbers of Alqada and isis drop out and former jihadist abandoning the ideology and becoming them selves a voice against the jihadist.

What Trump does to help them is to aid them in the war over minds by destroying everything liberals and moderates worked very hard to build.

He gives them the perfect enemy they have been looking for.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
That's always a possibility, regardless of who's in office. These people hate us!!! Always have, always will.

Do you mean Americans towards Muslims? I agree. What better way to show that you Americans hate us than to elect someone that shouted so loudly that he will ban us to become your president?

MechaX

Think about that next time you want to say a Jihadist is right. Or are we now bracing for the next level of discourse on GAF to be quoting twitter posts from Islamic extremist accounts saying Trump is bad with a post underneath going "this guy is right".

I.... don't think "rejoice" is anywhere close to the emotion conveyed in this topic.

Raven117

Which will be successfully parlayed into further erosion of civil liberties. Well done, America.

The majority of us voted for Hillary.
like it matters

All we have now is hope that Trump will govern
gag
completely different than he ran as a candidate.

Other than that....Fuck...man...I don't know. Im a 34 year old white male and this is the first time...THE FIRST TIME I have truly questioned who we are as a people.

MMarston

And such a guys intention is not worldwide peace, acceptance and integration of communities. It matters where remarks come from.

Yeah, I completely agree.

Sorry for the cynicism — like a lot of people, I'm on edge so I'm not in a happy-go-lucky state. And I'm not even American.

Audioboxer

I.... don't think "rejoice" is anywhere close to the emotion conveyed in this topic.

The Jihadist rejoices. Not people in this topic. The kind of guy you quote to say he's right while bolding a part of his statement as if it comes from a genuine place of care is outrageous. He would probably rejoice at seeing Americans killed. You cannot take a part of a statement from such a person and snip it out and say yeah, this guy totally gets it while ignoring everything else he stands for (or may even have done).

Yeah, I completely agree.

Sorry for the cynicism — like a lot of people, I'm on edge so I'm not in a happy-go-lucky state. And I'm not even American.

I get the angst, I just for the love of all things sane hope we don't get to a level of discourse where using ISIS to say how we don't like Trump becomes a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom