• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

it seems that Xbox is still advertising 60 Fps on the Redfall physical box for Xbox Series

Bernoulli

M2 slut

the seller added a stciker

ifpms7S.jpg

It obviously isn't trivial otherwise it would be in it at launch, and if they fail to make it work after some weeks and months, it will haunt them. They should have never mentioned 60fps if it wasn't already ready. Just add it in as a late present afterwards if anyone then even cares anymore.

Last edited:
Seriously, what's the rush to send this game to the slaughterhouse? Give it a few more months and get it polished, do you need these ridiculous ones? It is that it will no longer affect only the game, Arkane is also being loaded.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Seriously, what's the rush to send this game to the slaughterhouse? Give it a few more months and get it polished, do you need these ridiculous ones? It is that it will no longer affect only the game, Arkane is also being loaded.
Xbox has a content drought problem. Their first party studios outside of maybe Playground is mismanaged to hell, and they can't seem to get a consistent release cadence going. That's why they bought Zenimax and are trying to buy ABK. They need content.

Aside from Forza, and maybe Senua, they have nothing else in the pipeline for this year. So they need these Bethesda games out.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Give it a few more months and get it polished

It's a bit too late for that. But I have a suspicion the topic has been brought up during internal meetings, lol.. It'll be interesting to see if some of the external pressure made them decide to put extra resources on speeding up the patch development. It would be a lot healthier for the game if getting a 60fps patch to the table was a matter of weeks instead of months so-to-speak.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Are they forcing you to purchase the game at launch?

Purchase it when they release the 60fps patch. Problem solved.
Dude i was talking in general, i'm gonna play the game on pc where i actually have 60 frames at launch.

But it is not good to release a game when it's not ready.

I would be more lenient if the game looked 2 times better than horizon and it was a challenge to put a 60 fps mode, but it looks inferior to even ps4 launch games...

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Its gonna be 60fps after launch.
And I still think Starfield will be 60fps too, it doesnt look graphically too out of this world

Skifi28

Gamers really are whiny little bitches.

Eventually the 60fps will get released.
"Pay now, we'll give you what we advertised and you paid for at some point later. Probably".

Edit: Remember how Halo infinite's co-op update wouldn't be out at launch but later only to get canceled? "Eventually" doesn't mean much in the gaming industry. People should complain.

Last edited:

baphomet

They thought they were just going to flip the 60fps switch on the Xbox versions right before it released, and they obviously realized that wasn't going to happen after they had physical copies made.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Unsurprising. They aren't reprinting a bunch of game inserts. Still not a good look a few days before release.

What does Online Single Player even mean?!

. . .an online-only (for now) game you can play in single player. Like many games before it.

Laptop1991

What does Online Single Player even mean?!
It means their Solo gameplay which really isn't singleplayer with no local save on your PC and can't be played offline, probably changed it as alot of people my self included were saying i don't like the so called solo title gameplay, it's a co op multiplayer game that can be played solo just like all their recent games

Last edited:
Top Bottom