• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jamie Lee Curtis returns to Halloween

Penguin

I thought she was dead, but she's in next year's movie!

https://twitter.com/blumhouse/status/908760094657019904

DJyQebaVoAAmFN8.jpg

Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her iconic role as Laurie Strode in HALLOWEEN, released by Universal Pictures October 19, 2018.

So, not wedging this between 2 and 4. Just completely writing everything after 2 out of existence. We've already tried this once. Hope it works out better this time!

Awesome!!

And i'm totally expecting her to die in it.

My guess is that they ignored the movies after Halloween 2 or Halloween H2O since Resurrection was absolute shit.

Savitar

So they're ignoring the ignoring original movie continuity(again) and the remakes and making her alive? (Again).

I have no strong feelings about this either way but you almost need a score card on what's what with the movies and if they connect or not.

jwk94

Idk if it's intentional or not, but she looks like she's done with this shit. I'm hoping she really gets to fight back in this one.

I wonder how they will do this. Will they just ignore the movie she supposedly died in?

So, not wedging this between 2 and 4. Just completely writing everything after 2 out of existence. We've already tried this once. Hope it works out better this time!

Yep looks like this eliminates everything after Carpenter left. I'm still super disappointed that Danielle Harris won't be back as Jamie Lloyd, but whatever, I guess. Seeing those two team up would've been amazing.

Rival

Gold Member
It shouldn't be hard to be better then either of his Halloween films.

Agreed. At least his first one I could get through once. The second one was one of the worst things I've ever tried to watch. Pretty sure the girlfriend and I walked out of the theater.

creatchee

https://youtu.be/oL8QGyo50_M

In retrospect, I guess a great many characters have returned from the dead from worse than the above clip.

Still, retconning Resurrection out of existence is fine by me. They should keep the one with LL though. You don't get to see a Black dude survive horror movies all that often.

zeemumu

Funny, she had them kill her character in the old Halloween series within the first 10 minutes of Resurrection just to make sure they couldn't bring her back.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
in. and yes she is still hot. 40 years of hotness is no small feat.

So is this going to take place after Halloween 2 or H20?

I LIKE H20.. Do not recall seeing Resurrection. So either I didn't, or it was forgettable.

FWIW I also liked Rob Zombie's first movie.. well, I remember it being uneven. Like the new stuff he did I actually liked.. but when it went shot for shot it became less interesting.

Top Bottom