• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jamie Lee Curtis returns to Halloween

JLC entered Evo one year, right?

also cosplayed Vega

rs_560x415-150718173021-1024.JLC-jmd-071815.jpg

What's her GAF account?

CDX

Jamie Lee is in it, so they kind of have to disregard Resurrection. Which is good, that movie was trash.

But is it going to be new sequel to part 2, completely disregarding ALL the other movies too??

I haven't watched it in probably over a decade, but I remember kind of liking H20, I should probably watch it again sometime and see if I still do.

jwk94

I never got into Halloween, is Micheal Myers just a crazy guy or a supernatural being?
Both? If we're going by the first two, he's just an evil dude who murders his family. If we're going by 3-6,he was infected by some thorn curse that makes him damn near immortal and has to kill his family members.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'll just say it, the Halloween Remake wasn't that bad.

Also if they want to just ignore Resurrection that's fine by me.

It was an ok Friday the 13th adaptation but it was a pretty bad Halloween adaptation. Zombie didn't seem to get that showing us Michael Myer's past is some fucked up white trash stereotype kind or robs the movie of the mystique about this faceless, voiceless and seemingly pointless killing machine.

Do you think Halloween 3 took place in the same universe as MIchael Meyers? That would cut down on the number of divergent timelines we're dealing with here.

Thank God its not a continuation of the Zombie movies.

Halloween was a Weinstein property for the last five installments. They had two reboots during that time. Its likely now that its in the hand of new producers that they're doing their own thing with it.

So, likely another reboot/retcon, perhaps even ignoring H20/Resurrection.

Madness

Hopefully it's nothing like the modern Halloween movies made...

Yep. Rob Zombie made Michael the anti-hero in his movies. Michael was the bullied boy. The one with a bad older sister who would rather have sex than take him trick or treating. The moms boyfriend who didn't respect her. Asylum guards who who taunted him to his face after raping a female inmate. Even Dr. Loomis who was more about fame and celebrity than about helping patients. The movies were vulgar, full of civilians shitheads. In Halloween 2, I actually wanted Michael to kill everyone because they were horrendous people.

Zombie also did not get what made the original such a masterpiece. The score, the cinematography and the fear of the chase. We did not see Michael aside from glimpses. It was less about stabbing people so much their sternum crunches and blood oozes out but about watching television and forgetting to lock the door behind you, being followed while walking home etc.

Interesting to see Laurie back. This means they will retcon everything post original Halloween II.

Blader

Halloween was a Weinstein property for the last five installments. They had two reboots during that time. Its likely now that its in the hand of new producers that they're doing their own thing with it.

So, likely another reboot/retcon, perhaps even ignoring H20/Resurrection.

They've said it's only continuing on from the first two movies, which are the only ones with Carpenter's involvement.

Skeeter49

I wonder how they will do this. Will they just ignore the movie she supposedly died in?
The knife was a fake knife, because Laurie thought all she had to do was make Michael laugh with a gag to win him back.

Isn't the upcoming movie a different continuity than 4 and Resurrection? If it's from 2, Laurie never died.

SFenton

Not really touched on but I think it's really cool that McBride is doing a lot of not-comedy.

He was one of the only things I liked about Alien: Covenant. Excited to see if he can pull anything awesome here.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I still don't know what I think of this show.

guilty.

pleasure.

you feel super guilty about enjoying it, but you can't help it. it is literally the definition of guilty pleasure.

Is John Carpenter involved with this?

Carpenter said ages ago that he really doesn't want anything to do with the series. Originally bitter about how it was handled with 2, and just moved on with his career after that.

edit - well damn... he IS the producer on this one.. Good for him.

Do you think Halloween 3 took place in the same universe as MIchael Meyers? That would cut down on the number of divergent timelines we're dealing with here.

Thank God its not a continuation of the Zombie movies.

Halloween plays in the background during a scene in Halloween III.

Phased

Just ignore Resurrection, everyone else does.

Make it take place 20 years after H20 which is 40 years after the first one. It works well.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sorry, I'm not just going to pretend Busta Rhymes didn't beat the hell out of Michael Myers. It happened and we need to deal with it.

PR_rambo

Banned
I was a dumb kid and hated Season of the witch because no Michael Myers, not even Mike Myers, that would have been groovy baby.

I grew up and LOVE it now, it's so unsettling, watching the ending still gives me chills, TURN IT OFF

Man I would like to see one more good Halloween film tho, isn't carpenter involved with this one?

I never got into Halloween, is Micheal Myers just a crazy guy or a supernatural being?
I like what he was at the start, a shape, a symbol of death and its inevitability. Theres something supernatural to him, he killed his sister without any remorse, he doesn't really have a typical motive. He was locked way for years, and somehow he was able to operate a vehicle so he could go and kill his other sister. Then he vanished after being shot off top floor balcony. So much mystery, its great.

Top Bottom