• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jamie Lee Curtis returns to Halloween

AlexBasch

Do you mean Season of the Witch? Because that movie is awesome! (It was trying to be the start of a Halloween anthology series.)
My man! The only mistake they did was using that Halloween 3 thing, on it's own, the whole thing is seriously fucked up and I love it.

The third channel, it's still on. Please, take off the third channel. The third channel, it's still running. Stop it, please, for God's sake, please stop it. There's no more time! Please stop it. Stop it now. Turn it off! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! STOP IT!

H20 was pretty good and Resurrection was so bad that's it's good. Busta Rhymes karate kicking Michael Myers is the funniest shit in a horror movie ever.

"Trick or Treat mutha fucka!!!!" LMAO

Can we please get the original Shatner mask? Please? The ever changing and garbage masks used in the sequels always irked the fuck out of me.

e6eovgt5nch0ni5lpy6d.jpg

god this scene was so amazing for how short it was... the music, the lighting, jamie's acting...

The original is the G.O.A.T. Best damned horror slasher ever made. Period.

Halloween 6 is garbage but its the only sequel where I felt they got close to the original mask.

halloween-6-ax.png

Sorry, I'm not just going to pretend Busta Rhymes didn't beat the hell out of Michael Myers. It happened and we need to deal with it.

I never miss a chance to drop a Dr. Wolfula review in a related horror movie thread.

https://youtu.be/CrXMQSaK1Rk

https://youtu.be/q46-zu_ZV-M

I’m not linked to the channel at all, btw. Just a fan. It’s corny but it cracks me up.

This one about Halloween Resurrection is a favorite.

Jombie

I was hoping this would be entirely fresh, with new characters and such.

She may be Laurie in some new capacity, if not they're retconning most of the films past 2. Again.

Sorry, I'm not just going to pretend Busta Rhymes didn't beat the hell out of Michael Myers. It happened and we need to deal with it.

Forget...
VsncgdF.gif

If I were to congratulate that movie on something is making me laugh...Something I never thought a horror movie would do...

What continuity is this??? Are we going to retcon the timeline that retconned Le Curtis from vanishing?

As much as I think this news is... neutral, I really really wanted Rob Zombie's Halloween 3: Season of the Witch and this news continues to cement that fact. It's impossible to find excitement over this considering we already got a "Jamie Lee Curtis returns to the franchise!" movie and it was great the first time... and then it was ruined by Resurrection lmao

EDIT: Also it's a move that feels so obvious to the Halloween franchise. Pick the least interesting and safest thing possible and stick to it no matter what. That's a huge reason why I find Halloween 4 so loathsome, because it's the epitome of how incredible bland and safe the franchise aspires to be... except for the ending, which is AWESOME.... and then Halloween 5 throws that in the garbage to continue it all over again.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Halloween 6 is garbage but its the only sequel where I felt they got close to the original mask.

halloween-6-ax.png

I can't believe they used that mask for the opening in H20, only to go with a terribly shitty looking mask with spiky hair for everything else. And a couple shots of a munchkin looking mask and a CG one.

What continuity is this??? Are we going to retcon the timeline that retconned Le Curtis from vanishing?

As much as I think this news is... neutral, I really really wanted Rob Zombie's Halloween 3: Season of the Witch and this news continues to cement that fact. It's impossible to find excitement over this considering we already got a "Jamie Lee Curtis returns to the franchise!" movie and it was great the first time... and then it was ruined by Resurrection lmao

I would legitimately prefer a kung fu sequel to Resurrection with Busta Rhymes starring, than having anything touching Robert's abominations.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
is she still alive on scream queens? haha

She is, but the show sure isn't. :(

Let's be honest with ourselves: Halloween 1 is fan-fucking-tastic, Halloween 2 is like half good, then the rest can jog off.

Halloween II was pretty much directed by Carpenter and it's bloody brilliant. Easily the best slasher sequel ever, and the OST is the best in the entire franchise.

You have so much catching up to do...

I'm usually very picky on what horror movies I watch so I don't see too many (that and I have trouble sleeping after seeing one), I absolutely love atmospheric horror movies that leaves you uneasy just from music, visual's and lighting and I abhor jump scare movies with those stupid loud quick sound effects...

I guess the only other time I laughed at a horror movie was in Jeepers Creepers 2 (it was on cable randomly, don't judge me! >.>) with the headless guy on the bus.

I can't believe they used that mask for the opening in H20, only to go with a terribly shitty looking mask with spiky hair for everything else. And a couple shots of a munchkin looking mask and a CG one.

I would legitimately prefer a kung fu sequel to Resurrection with Busta Rhymes starring, than having anything touching Robert's abominations.
I like Rob Zombie's style a LOT and I think his rash bombast makes for a compelling watch. The death of whatsherface in his Halloween 2 is my favorite moment in the entire franchise, because it actually made me feel something besides neutral apathy.

That's excluding how wonderfully bizarre Season of the Witch is, which is EXACTLY why I want to see his take on it.

There's nothing wrong with pretending Halloween: Resurrection doesn't exist.

Why would you want to forget the movie that took Laurie Strode, the epitome of the “survivor girl” horror archetype, turned her into a (fake) drooling mental patient, and unceremoniously chucked her off a roof to her death?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I like Rob Zombie's style a LOT and I think his rash bombast makes for a compelling watch. The death of whatsherface in his Halloween 2 is my favorite moment in the entire franchise, because it actually made me feel something besides neutral apathy.

That's excluding how wonderfully bizarre Season of the Witch is, which is EXACTLY why I want to see his take on it.

Well he directed Devil's Rejects which was profoundly affecting and legitimately great, so he's not a total loss. But his Halloween movies were embarassing. H2 at least his it's own thing, but...Jesus. Talk about missing the entire point.

Seriously, Lords of Salem and especially 31 felt like SNL parodies of a Rob Zombie movie. I love the man's music though.

Ithil

halloween-6-ax.png

Not that it's that difficult to get to second place when you have rivals such as

MV5BZTI0MzJhODYtNDdkOC00ZmVhLTg4YmUtOGVjODBkNGFlMjQ0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyNDQ2NjI@._V1_.jpg

Top Bottom