• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Xbox Summit 2005: July 25th

Jonnyram

Latest rumours are:
- Ridge Racer 6
- Virtua Fighter 5
- Breath of Fire 6
- MMORPGs from Namco, Capcom and Square Enix (not FFXI).

u_neek

Blimblim mentioned some months ago that RR was coming to Xbox 360 so I'm pretty sure that's one of them. Breath of Fire would fucking rock!

And I couldn't care less about MMORPGs.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
u_neek said:
Blimblim mentioned some months ago that RR was coming to Xbox 360 so I'm pretty sure that's one of them.
I don't think I did, since I only learned about it recently. There have been rumors since a long time though.
RR for 360 is 99.9% sure to be at that press conference. Anything else I don't know anything for sure, even if VF5 seems to be mentioned a lot. If so, then I guess the new Power VR based arcade board does not exist?
One of Okamoto's title should be there btw, hopefully it's the one I've been told about a few months ago that involves time travel in an interesting way. We'll know in 19 days...

llTll

Banned
Blimblim said:
I don't think I did, since I only learned about it recently. There have been rumors since a long time though.
RR for 360 is 99.9% sure to be at that press conference. Anything else I don't know anything for sure, even if VF5 seems to be mentioned a lot. If so, then I guess the new Power VR based arcade board does not exist?
One of Okamoto's title should be there btw, hopefully it's the one I've been told about a few months ago that involves time travel in an interesting way. We'll know in 19 days...

blimblim..

IF RR and VF are coming to xbox360 in exclsuive form, then i will be buying xbox 360 at launch regarding if ps3 is more powerful or not [ even tho i hope not ] :lol

eso76

Blimblim said:

Actually, you only told us of a new Namco racer for x360, which however shouldn't have been a RR according to your sources. Maybe they decided to use the RR name only recently.

YAY for RR.
But that Power VR board must exist, what would HOTD4 be running on otherwise ?

Funny, the guy did start his career with a game involving time travel (Konami's Time Pilot, for those who didn't know)

llTll

Banned
eso76 said:
Actually, you only told us of a new Namco racer for x360, which however shouldn't have been a RR according to your sources. Maybe they decided to use the RR name only recently.

YAY for RR.
But that Power VR board must exist, what would HOTD4 be running on otherwise ?

it could be xbox 360 new arcade board

also. i have its real RR game. not some stupid game Like Racing Revoultion that was released couple of years ago. because that name was also RR i think :lol

i want Ridge Racers

golem

i would guess that the hotd4 test machines are running on a test version of chiroro 360... if sega did have a powervr board why would they keep it quiet? it makes no sense (to me) that they wouldnt have announced that already, why hide an arcade board?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
eso76 said:
Honestly, I don't remember saying anything about a Namco Racer, but I could have mentioned it as a rumour, really I have no memory of ever writing about this. I guess I'm getting old :(
I don't get much information about 3rd party games, especially from Japan.

MadFuzzy

We discussed this in the HOTD4 thread and the general consensus was that it probably was running on the new unannounced PowerVR board as developers have only had their beta 360 dev kits for the last week or two, and there's no way that they'd be putting unfinished beta (or alpha) 360 kits into an arcade at this stage.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
MadFuzzy said:
We discussed this in the HOTD4 thread and the general consensus was that it probably was running on the new unannounced PowerVR board as developers have only had their beta 360 dev kits for the last week or two, and there's no way that they'd be putting unfinished beta (or alpha) 360 kits into an arcade at this stage.
I agree, but in theory they could have everything ready since a few weeks/months and just have to plug the beta hardware in place. Since it would use USB devices it would not be that incredible.
But yeah, I'd be surprised if it used Xbox 360 hardware.

i dunno. i know the game has been in development for a year now atleast, but as far as i know it's a PS3 exclusive.

having said that, i really hope they bust this out on 360 out of nowhere. online Ridge Racer would be the start of a new civilization, and it can't get here any sooner.

Jan

It isn´t tomorrow the Sega arcade meeting?

Maybe they´ll talk about their new arcade hard . I´m hope they ´ll talk about it

PhatSaqs

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Latest rumours are:
- Ridge Racer 6
- Virtua Fighter 5
- Breath of Fire 6
- MMORPGs from Namco, Capcom and Square Enix (not FFXI).
VF 5 on XBL would bring the house down for me.

I'm also interested in seeing more of enCHANT arm, 99 Nights, Blue Dragon and Lost Oddysee.

Tecmo showing a NG2 trailer/teaser would put me in a fuckin coma.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I wonder if Ridge Racer will be an exclusive installment, or if it will be the same version that the PS3 eventually gets?

And if it is exclusive, will it be a "true" Ridge Racer game (as in, a continuation of the main series) or a "side" game (as Ridge Racer 64 was, although that wasn't even developed by Namco so maybe it isn't the best example)?

llTll

Banned
Blimblim said:
Mine will be preordered as soon as possible too ;)

question about Ninja Gaiden 2

is it true that its not confirmed for xbox 360 and it actually might come to PS3 insted?

do u know anything about this blimblim ?

bloke

Itagaki and TN are probably killing themselves with work to make DOA4 a launch game right now, I doubt they have anything else on their minds.

Jonnyram

I was just thinking about the possible MMORPG rumours.

Some big name MMORPGs have gone MIA recently:
Namco: TOEO (beta was due before Christmas on Windows)
Capcom: Makaimura Online (was due out start of this year on PC)
Square: Fantasy Earth / Ambrosia Odyssey. Also Front Mission Online is a possibility

Hmm...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
llTll said:
question about Ninja Gaiden 2

is it true that its not confirmed for xbox 360 and it actually might come to PS3 insted?

do u know anything about this blimblim ?
All we know is that Itagaki never confirmed anything until now. And he was more or less the same until DOA4 was officially unveiled it certainly does not mean anything positive or negative for Xbox 360.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Itagaki has been visiting SCEI's offices recently.
betrayal01.JPG

i think NG2 will be the last game for Team Ninja in the next gen
Doa4 > Doa Code Cronus > Doa Beach Volley 2 > Ninja Gaiden 2 >... Doa 5 ?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Chiggs said:
Do you have a source for this? A link?

YellowAce is his own source, wink wink.

Well I vaguely recall him supposedly being either in the industry or quite well connected, particularly with regard to Sony. I know we may be having some post-E3 cyncism still re. "insiders", but take what you will from it.

But anyway, would it really be surprising? He's a higher-upper at Tecmo, it seems fairly obvious he'd be talking to Sony. I don't think it necessarily implies anything about any Team Ninja PS3 support, but I guess it can't be a bad thing. And it's fairly obvious from recent interviews that he's taken PS3 under consideration, so obviously some contact with SCE would be necessary for him to make his mind up.

sangreal

Then again, IIRC, YellowAce also said Konami cancelled all their X360 games because the PS3 is "orders of magnitude" more powerful :)

Top Bottom