• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier: Starfield is nowhere near done

I think they can still show something from the game even if it’s coming Fall 2022.

But I guess the big question now is what capacity will the game be shown at E3 in? Is it gonna be a full-blown CGI trailer, in-engine or gameplay running on Series X?
They better learn their lesson with Halo Infinite. Because if they create a CGI trailer that have no relation to the final product, we are going to have new memes to laugh at at game launch.

They better learn their lesson with Halo Infinite. Because if they create a CGI trailer that have no relation to the final product, we are going to have new memes to laugh at at game launch.

There are clear examples of plenty of what they showed before the gameplay and after in later screenshots which do, in fact, line up fairly well with those initial two trailers, the reveal and discover hope.

mansoor1980

i really hope todd howard will present a lenghty gameplay demonstration of starfield at E3 next month

Last edited:

Ellery

Well that is extremely disappointing to hear, but well we just have to be excited for other major Xbox exclusive games release date reveals at this year's E3.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Funny Face Wow GIF by Tennis TV

Key Peele Laughing GIF

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What a complete mess this industry is in...and what I mean is so called "reporters and Influencers" So starved for any morsel of information to talk shite about that they just spread constant bollox that ultimately just pisses fans off.

GuinGuin

Banned
Last edited:

Dodkrake

Banned
Not at all but going by Bethesda’s E3 history they don't show games that are years off and Phil Spencer doesn't like doing that either.

- Hellblade 2: Shown in 2019. No release date yet
- Everwild: Shown in 2019. No release date yet.
- Perfect Dark: Shown in 2020 as early in development. No release date yet.
- Fable: Shown in 2020 as early in development. No release date yet.
- Forza Motorspot: Shown in 2020 as early in development. No release date yet
- Starfield: Shown in 2018. No release date yet.
- Elder Scrolls 6: Shown in 2018. No release date yet. Not even in full production.
- Indiana Jones. Revealed in 2020. No release date yet.
- Halo Infinite. Shown in 2018. No release date yet.

XXL

- Elder Scrolls 6: Shown in 2018. No release date yet. Not even in full production.
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Not at all but going by Bethesda’s E3 history they don't show games that are years off and Phil Spencer doesn't like doing that either.

200.gif

Loope

You Win GIF by memecandy

You're either lying or misinformed.
It was "playable" three years ago. Full development started right after Fallout 4 was released which was 6 years ago.

Having a small demo made by a small team means Starfield is "playable"

Most of Bethesda was on 76 as confirmed by Jason. It has not been in full development for 6 years

Last edited:

Three

Because it's the next game by the Skyrim folks.

You know, Skyrim? That game that sold over 30 million copies?
But it's the same folk who more recently released Fallout 76 and Fallout 4 too.

People are building this hype from the acquisition because the hype would die if they are waiting so long.

I don't think they will release this year because it would not benefit them but let's see.

sircaw

Banned

quest

Not Banned from OT
But it's the same folk who more recently released Fallout 76 and Fallout 4 too.

People are building this hype from the acquisition because the hype would die if they are waiting so long.

I don't think they will release this year because it would not benefit them but let's see.
Game was good enough for Sony to back up the trucks loaded with hats full of money. They were just a little to late.

sainraja

There are so many games to play.....so if this is not coming soon/delayed/or whatever, I think, most of ya'll will be fine!

Last edited:
The way Bethesda crafts and designs a world, take all the damn time they need. Most haven't really stopped to appreciate just how something like COVID would have created problems for all kinds of projects. The things we take for granted as gamers regarding all the behind the scenes heavy lifting and work taking place.

Raven117

Gold Member
Not surprised at all. 2023/2024.

Which sucks, they should be working on ES6. Thats the game we all actually want....and it will be on PS6.

TheMan

Yeah, I’ve pretty much comes to terms with the fact that major first party tent poles just aren’t coming this year. That’s said there’s plenty, plenty to play so no worries reallh

GuinGuin

Banned
Having a small demo made by a small team means Starfield is "playable"

Most of Bethesda was on 76 as confirmed by Jason. It has not been in full development for 6 years

When Fallout 76 failed they might have had an all hands on deck period where they pulled people from other projects but as bare bones and boring as 76 was when it launched there is no way in hell it had everyone at Bethesda working on it from the start.

eh I was expecting 2/22/22 or Spring 2022. I'm guessing Sony will make God of War: Raganrok their big 2022 holiday release and Starfield will be MS big holiday release next year as well.

GuinGuin

Banned
Yeah, I’ve pretty much comes to terms with the fact that major first party tent poles just aren’t coming this year. That’s said there’s plenty, plenty to play so no worries reallh

So you think Ratchet and Clank are going to be hit with a surprise 7 month delay? You don't think Horizon is going to be Sony's big holiday game either? I also think Halo will launch in December maybe just multiplayer though.

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
Man, this company has sure gone downhill as they really just been living off Skyrim since it came out and as that game has aged it has become more flawed even though I originally really liked it. And then to see the way the company is run I'm not sure if the equity is as high so whatever they are making it better damn will be good putting their next elder scrolls game.

I have all the access I want to be able to play their games on PC but they need to get their act together.
To be fair they have Fallout and Elder Scrolls MMO. Must be making them some €$¥.

When Fallout 76 failed they might have had an all hands on deck period where they pulled people from other projects but as bare bones and boring as 76 was when it launched there is no way in hell it had everyone at Bethesda working on it from the start.

He's said here back in 2018 they had one project that was in full production which uses the old animation system (He's talking about 76) and another that was in pre-production that uses the new animation system (He's talking about Starfield)

They never had two projects in full production simultaniously

Dabaus

Banned
Late 2022 or early 2023 and crossgen with the old yet touched up fallout/skyrim engine theyve been using for the last decade. Thats what we're going to get isnt it?

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Welp.

Outside of Halo and Forza, nearly every big game MS will show off soon is 2023 or later. Everwild, Fable, etc... why would Starfield be any different?
Exactly.

If recent Hellblade 2 rumors are true....ppl should look at that and adjust expectations accordingly wrt release dates.

GuinGuin

Banned

He's said here back in 2018 they had one project that was in full production which uses the old animation system (He's talking about 76) and another that was in pre-production that uses the new animation system (He's talking about Starfield)

They never had two projects in full production simultaniously

If Fallout 76 was made by all the best and brightest at Bethesda working full steam that makes me even more worried about Starfield than the endless delays. 76 was a dumpster fire and probably the ugliest game released by a major studio last gen.

Thabass

Gold Member
If you think the people waiting for Starfield is bad. Wait till you check out the people waiting for Elders Scroll VI.

They must be in SHAMBLES.

Also, stop fucking announcing games before they're being worked on please.

Last edited:

onesvenus

I'd love for Microsoft to have a big first-party game in addition to Halo so this is a bummer.
I don't know how they are so bad at planning things BTW, not talking about Starfield in particular but their supposed first-party output for the first XSX year is barren

Karak

Listen it's been post 2021 forever. I have said it forever, its been forever. IF it comes out this year it would be...well in some weird shape.
I have no clue what fucking sources people have but even when I first talked about it on my podcast ages ago it was 2022 and exclusivity and that source for those things just hasn't been wrong.
Not sure if people are literally just faking sources or what.

And trust me...I have had a couple of BAD sources. But they burn off rather quickly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom