• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier: Starfield is nowhere near done

Papacheeks

Banned
There was no E3 in 2020 šŸ¤£

You mean their SUmmer game fest? They showed a bunch of stuff during their Xbox show case in May and July. So you can lol all you want to save face bud, but they showed basically nothing in May, and then in July showed Craig, and a bunch of trailers for games that are years away like fable.

And thats what I'm talking about. But please go ahead and ignore what I was talking about, and focus on me saying E3 2020. Just because they are not at a expo/physical location last summer there were events all summer long starting in May.

Now we are in May and we are hearing Starfield is not a 2021 game, and we know from multiple sources that Everwild by Rare, Fable by Playground, Perfect Dark form Initiative, and even gears 6 plus their new IP are a long ways off.

But please LOL to save face that Microsoft seems to be leaning on Bethesda to be part of their show, because internally outside of maybe halo and forza they have nothing substantial to show.

This is what we do know.

I think you're kidding yourself if you think they're suddenly going to spring a AAA release out of nowhere (and 40+ in development seems unlikely).
No, most teams are working on two projects. You listed 9 games 1 of which is Halo (due this year). Do you really believe that 23 studios have got nothing else? I would be very surprised if we don't get at least 2 other first party titles this year along with Halo. If you are right though I'll be very pissed at Xbox and Phil Spencer, I didn't lay down good money on a new console to have only 1 brand new exclusive in the first year.

You mean their SUmmer game fest? They showed a bunch of stuff during their Xbox show case in May and July. So you can lol all you want to save face bud, but they showed basically nothing in May, and then in July showed Craig, and a bunch of trailers for games that are years away like fable.

And thats what I'm talking about. But please go ahead and ignore what I was talking about, and focus on me saying E3 2020. Just because they are not at a expo/physical location last summer there were events all summer long starting in May.

Now we are in May and we are hearing Starfield is not a 2021 game, and we know from multiple sources that Everwild by Rare, Fable by Playground, Perfect Dark form Initiative, and even gears 6 plus their new IP are a long ways off.

But please LOL to save face that Microsoft seems to be leaning on Bethesda to be part of their show, because internally outside of maybe halo and forza they have nothing substantial to show.
Craig! I actually laughed at that. We shall see if you are correct.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Weasel gonna weasel for clout.
Not gonna lie, I love his graphics since he left Kotaku

QciQSwM.png

Hezekiah

Banned
No, most teams are working on two projects. You listed 9 games 1 of which is Halo (due this year). Do you really believe that 23 studios have got nothing else? I would be very surprised if we don't get at least 2 other first party titles this year along with Halo. If you are right though I'll be very pissed at Xbox and Phil Spencer, I didn't lay down good money on a new console to have only 1 brand new exclusive in the first year.
I doubt 40+ are being developed right now.

But I see Starfield late 2022, Forza probably the same. Obviously Ghostwire and Deathloop are timed PS5 exclusives. Arent Psychonauts and The Ascent exclusive?

imsosleepy

The bulk of the team was working on Fallout76?!? Really?!? I had thought that only a small team made that piece of shit Fallout76 because most of the ā€œAā€ team was working on Starfield.

That really worries me about Bethesdaā€™s ability to make games that arenā€™t shit.
holy fuck this is what suprised me the most as well
the game fucking sucks, its a piece of shit game. there is no way many people worked on it

So it'll release around the same time-frame as God of War: Ragnarok and before Gran Turismo 7. Seems fine to me.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Halo Infinite

E3 2018

E3 2019

E3 2020

E3 2021

Nov 2021 release

Bbc5loK.jpg
ZMr7MB2.jpg

Fallout 4: Revealed E3 2015, released Fall 2015.

Starfield is from that same team and they started development right after Fallout 4 released. Six years ago.

Funny how people only believe the Press Sneak Fuck when it's negative news about the plastic console they don't like, but when it's negative news about the plastic console they war for he's a pariah.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Bethesda is Microsoft now, despite what some people want to accept.

AND STARFIELD IS BY THE FALLOUT 4 TEAM
This is Microsoft we're talking about, not Sony who shows their games at three E3s in a row.
Halo Infinite

E3 2018
E3 2019
E3 2020
E3 2021

Technically you're right... its not three E3s in a row. (That was their plan tho)... Its now four E3s in a row. lol

Last edited:
Starfield is very close to release they say, launches in 2021 in a worse state than Cyberpunk in true Bethesda fashion. Nobody makes games as unplayable at launch as we do hahahaha.

Halo Infinite

E3 2018
E3 2019
E3 2020
E3 2021

Technically you're right... its not three E3s in a row. (That was their plan tho)... Its now four E3s in a row. lol

This is why Xbox trolls are funny. Their memories last only 6 months. A full year of fud spreading probably didnā€™t happen either.

You should have posted the Phil spencer picture where he says this e3 with all the years crossed out from 2015 onwards.

legacy24

Youre telling me the only Xbox game we're getting this year is halo. Ugh kinda regret buying a series x already

coffinbirth

All these xbox insiders and their rumors man. Writing has been on the wall if you were paying attention. It not starting development until 2019, and with covid probably little to no development has been made. We're probably looking at 2023 date here and thats assuming they dont drastically reduce the scope or size of the game.
It didn't start development in 2019 though...ratboy here said it was a small team until then, and the leaked screenshots and asset templates were from an early 2018 build, supposedly.
My 2 cents on the matter is that it will likely be a Holiday 2022 release or sooner, but probably not this year.

kyliethicc

This is why Xbox trolls are funny. Their memories last only 6 months. A full year of fud spreading probably didnā€™t happen either.

You should have posted the Phil spencer picture where he says this e3 with all the years crossed out from 2015 onwards.

nah just wait til next E3 lol

Riky

$MSFT
We're getting to see the actual game at E3 though so that's great news, see if it's next gen only and find out what it looks like.
I can't wait to see it.

Top Bottom