• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Jeff Grub] Playstation Showcase before E3: "Massive show that really sets up the second phase of the PlayStation 5"

Tomi

So Bloodborne 2
Horizon 3
New God of War
Wolverine footage
Uncharted 5
Metal Gear Solid Remake
Metal Gear Solid 6
Grand Theft Auto 6
Elden Ring 2
Returnal 2

My god...

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Not sure why you compare Miles to those games. Miles should be compared to Spiderman, and on top of that within it's genre. Spiderman from 2018 was much bigger. If Spiderman was released at the start of the PS4, no way that they would release this a couple of years later as the "successor". It wouldn't have been made or came out a bit smaller as a DLC. Pretty sure Spiderman 2 will also be much bigger than this. Miles was made because they needed to fill the PS5 line up, and they could build on top of what they already had from Spiderman with a new skin, couple of graphical improvements and a different story line.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just saying there's no reason to pretend as if Miles Morales was nothing more than a way to fill the line up a bit. I'm also not saying the line up from Xbox was any better btw.
Now you're saying a completely different thing.

You said Miles Morales should not be considered a full game because it's just an 8-hour campaign. I shared a list of other games with similar lengths that are considered full games without any controversy.

My question is: (1) do you consider all the games I listed as "full games?" and, if you do, then (2) do you also consider Miles Morales a full game?

Helghan

Now you're saying a completely different thing.

You said Miles Morales should not be considered a full game because it's just an 8-hour campaign. I shared a list of other games with similar lengths that are considered full games without any controversy.

My question is: (1) do you consider all the games I listed as "full games?" and, if you do, then (2) do you also consider Miles Morales a full game?
Alright, then I change my stance to Miles Morales should not be considered a full campaign because it's only 8 hours long which is much less than it's predecessor and (more than likely) it's successor.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Alright, then I change my stance to Miles Morales should not be considered a full campaign because it's only 8 hours long which is much less than it's predecessor and (more than likely) it's successor.
It's also not the same price as its predecessor or successor.

You're still not answering my question though: Do you consider Resident Evil 3 (6 hours) or Dead Space 2 (9 hours) full games?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm hoping Sony gonna hit us with some exciting new ip or something we didn't expect that's really fresh.

Leave ghost of tsushima and the games we expect. Something really surprising. Like If it is a sequel, something like warhawk.

Poltz

I'm hoping Sony gonna hit us with some exciting new ip or something we didn't expect that's really fresh.

Leave ghost of tsushima and the games we expect. Something really surprising. Like If it is a sequel, something like warhawk.
Yeah I hope they don’t announce the sequel to a new IP from 2020 too.

anthony2690

Banned
He doesn’t know shit about shit, just throwing darts at a target with 15 bullseyes. Breaking news: Game company is going to announce games
Grubb is probably one of the most accurate insiders going.

He clearly knows upcoming titles and events/dates etc

What you have to watch out for, if he is says he is speculating, then completely ignore what he says then.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Okay, good. So that means, according to you, the length of the campaign does not dictate whether it's a full game or not because you consider Resident Evil 3 (which is an even shorter and more expensive game than Miles Morales) as a full game.

Then I think it's safe to assume that you also count Miles Morales as a full game, right?

In that case, we're on the same page on this.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
A few studios that could reveal things:
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Factions / TLOU2 PS5 Remaster
  • Bluepoint's Next Game
  • Bend Studio Teaser / Sucker Punch Teaser
  • New Uncharted project from unknown studio
  • Team Asobi - AstroBot's next Game
  • Third party PSVR2 announcements - HL:Alyx
  • Partner Studio Games (Deviation, etc)

I Want Them All Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

saintjules

Drake Reaction GIF by DJ Khaled
Rebuilding Kelvin Gastelum GIF by UFC
GIF by South Park
season 4 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

Edit: Apologies to Grubb for missing a B in his grubby name

Any predictions?

A few studios that could reveal things:
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Factions / TLOU2 PS5 Remaster
  • Bluepoint's Next Game
  • Bend Studio Teaser / Sucker Punch Teaser
  • New Uncharted project from unknown studio
  • Team Asobi - AstroBot's next Game
  • Third party PSVR2 announcements - HL:Alyx
  • Partner Studio Games (Deviation, etc)
They certainly SHOULD have an amazing show since they've revealed so little

This is kind of a "no shit" prediction.

Sony has a State of Play every few months and we are due.

They also have a Showcase around E3

Now that the Activision deal is likely dead for Microsoft, I think it's safe for Sony to start announcing their games

:messenger_savoring:

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I think its sad when anyone gets on their hands and knees, to beg for games to be exclusive to their platform of choice. The corporate cheerleaders watching the Activision acquisition with bated breath, so they can add call of duty to their forum list warz, are pathetic pieces of shit as well. Just like those who were making petitions for square to cancel kingdom hearts 3, and ffxv, on the xbox were a few years ago. Corporate dick sucking is fucking sad, no matter where its coming from.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

You sound like a 7-year-old asking people to continue removing the games from the list so you can make your point and feel accomplished lol.
And you sound desperate to pretend you have enough quality games to play. Imagine thinking a standalone expansion to Spiderman is a full game.
You sony fans used to make fun of Nintendo and xbox fans for clinging to low budget Indies now look where you are? Pathetic 🤣

Elog

Makes perfect sense to play it this way by Sony. As long as PS5 and XSX sales were driven by supply there was no reason to talk future (however much we would have liked to hear more). Now that both consoles have good availability in most geographies, a blockbuster showcase would make wonders. And they have shown so little since launch that they should have plenty of games to showcase.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Sony has projects we don’t know about, they don’t view Microsoft or Nintendo as threats, Sony are giants and specialize in gaming.
See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE

Well out of head I could think of (let's believe some rumors for a moment)
  • Spider man 2
  • TLOU multiplayer
  • Silent Hill 2
  • FF16 again?
  • MGS3 remake
  • Castlevania (?)
  • some of their GaaS games

RevGaming

My original post was a response to that guy faking superiority by bragging about a bunch of indie and aa games to play, like they even remotely stood a chance against other platforms in that department.
If we count games that are suppose to move units (AAA according to Sony or Xbox)

Then it's forza horizon 5 and the game that ended Halo vs Returnal, Miles, GT7, Horizon 2, GoW 2, Ratchet , Tlou Remake and Demon Souls.

I'm pretty sure that I know who is winning in games offerings. Horizon 2 is a cross gen and Starfield is next gen and one of them don't even look upper class Ps4.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

If we count games that are suppose to move units (AAA according to Sony or Xbox)

Then it's forza horizon 5 and the game that ended Halo vs Returnal, Miles, GT7, Horizon 2, GoW 2, Ratchet , Tlou Remake and Demon Souls.

I'm pretty sure that I know who is winning in games offerings. Horizon 2 is a cross gen and Starfield is next gen and one of them don't even look upper class Ps4.
A whole bunch of remakes and Returnal and miles again. 😂 And sure starfield isn't a looker but it's gameplay will probably trump the mediocrity that is horizon's.

RevGaming

I'm expecting:

- Spider-Man 2 closing the show, being the focus like Ratchet was for the first showcase.
- Ghost of Tsushima 2 reveal
- Firesprite game
- Tlou Factions
- Pragmata
- Stellar Blade
- FF7 remake part 2

I think this will be in the first week of June.
I don't think the other studios are ready to show.

RevGaming

A whole bunch of remakes and Returnal and miles again. 😂 And sure starfield isn't a looker but it's gameplay will probably trump the mediocrity that is horizon's.
You really don't know what's good gameplay if you think Bethesda is better than GG at it.

At least you admit the obvious with the graphics, might as well discard it.

A ps3 remake is trumping everything on xbox together in terms of moving units.

Speaking of it. I am playing it right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom