• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb : Has also heard about a Q1 Xbox Show happening (One of the games announced during the show will be a Pentiment level game from Tango)

Jeff Grubb comes out of retirement in 2023

"So that early event everyone keeps hinting at for early next year, I don't know exactly what everyone has been saying about it. But I have heard about it to, and I will say that one of the games that will be in there. Should be a Pentiment level game from a first party studio."
"Not from Obsidian"

It's from Tango Gameworks.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Oh cool I can't wait...

Jeff Grubb?

jim carrey attorney GIF

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Also talks about a few SMT games coming to game pass.

After Persona 5's success it makes sense and would be fantastic...

Last edited:

johnjohn

....."presumably"
It's a pretty safe guess lol. Do you think they're just going to ignore Redfall, Starfield, and Forza and announce a bunch of new games lol? Those games are all scheduled to come out 1st half next year so we're obviously getting more gameplay and release dates of each of them.

adamsapple

People on here still doubting Jeff Grubb when he has proven to be the most reliable insider out there lol.

Yeah, out of all the known insiders*, Grubb seems to be right the most often compared to misses.

* not talking about folks like Snitch who were anonymous but clearly people with actual industry knowledge.

Karak

The rumor has been boiling since the day PRIOR to the game awards. We talked about it in the podcast. Sometimes it feels like the same person is just telling everyone the same thing but pretending to be a different person each time lol.

Like I said on the podcast. It seemed a secure and good plan for this kind of event to happen. However, that was prior to the stories about Redfall leaking and possibly heel-kicking PR for other games and plans.
Even as a GUESS this is a good plan and with tweets hinting about something since the days after the event it seems like something that could happen. Also events from these companies, many now recorded and done in a way that is FAR easier than pre-covid, it makes sense.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I would love to see more Starfield . Hopefully at 60fps this time.

Hellblade 2 release date would be great.

A new gears of war trailer .

Forza 8 release date for q1/2 .

That’s about all I currently am following Xbox for. Any of the above would be a dub for my tastes.

Kagey K

Banned
If the games are going to release within a year of last E3, they need to do something to show them.

There isn't another big gaming show before then. GDC isn't big enough to start showing them there I don't think, and won't leave much room before E3.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
You can trust Jeff. Don't have much time to write as I'm replaying Metroid Prime HD for the 3rd time, so yeah.

I think all three platforms need early 2023 shows at this point.

Nintendo only have 2 major games announced (fire emblem, zelda) and their two smaller games (bayonetta spinoff, kirby remaster) and sony only have spider-man and horizon dlc (and vr) and xbox have 3 games with no dates.

3rd party seem to be carrying 2023 right now with all the major platform holders being so foggy about their upcoming schedules

I think all three platforms need early 2023 shows at this point.

Nintendo only have 2 major games announced (fire emblem, zelda) and their two smaller games (bayonetta spinoff, kirby remaster) and sony only have spider-man and horizon dlc (and vr) and xbox have 3 games with no dates.

3rd party seem to be carrying 2023 right now with all the major platform holders being so foggy about their upcoming schedules
Next year:
Little start-up company Xbox:
Nn7Ft5E.gif

"Aggressive, Violent, Arrogant PlayStation"

1tGRnJU.gif

Just Nintendo:
8gWGiR2.gif

3liteDragon

Even if this guy's wrong, I don't think them doing a Q1 2023 showcase seems far-fetched given all the complaints they got regarding this year, definitely gotta hype people up with an improved showing of Starfield as well.

Last edited:
a 'pentiment level game'? am i supposed to have any idea what, exactly, a 'pentiment level game' actually means? a pentiment-like' game? or maybe a 'pentiment-lite' game? or is there now a 'pentiment genre'?...

They should, uh, stop announcing games until they get release dates on already announced titles.

Nope. Not letting people know what was coming was one of the biggest issues with the Xbox One gen. Keep announcing games when they're ready to announce them. The other games that are being waited on will eventually release. A big part of keeping the fanbase engaged is letting them know what's coming. There will be plenty to play till then, but it's very important for people to know that there are more pots on the stove, so to speak. Announce away. As long as we get decent progress updates on some of the games in development within reasonable timeframes.

EDMIX

Nope. Not letting people know what was coming was one of the biggest issues with the Xbox One gen. Keep announcing games when they're ready to announce them. The other games that are being waited on will eventually release. A big part of keeping the fanbase engaged is letting them know what's coming. There will be plenty to play till then, but it's very important for people to know that there are more pots on the stove, so to speak. Announce away. As long as we get decent progress updates on some of the games in development within reasonable timeframes.

I agree.

For XB right now...it makes sense. The goal is to say this time isn't like XONE and this gen we have a lot in store.

Sony can ride on this "we'll show it when its almost here" cause they have proven that and the community trust that output, MS on the other hand.....after XONE gen, it makes sense to focus on changing the tide, marketing that this gen won't be like last and here are reasons to buy a Series X so you don't miss out as they know anyone buying a PS5, might just use that for the whole gen, so they need to really bite into that market by showing Series X and S future isn't like XONE, they simply can't lean on a "wait and show".

by then, how many sales would the lose to PS?

Like really think about it, lets say those games are ready 2024, 2025...while MS is waiting to reveal some big title that will come out that year, Sony fans are playing Spiderman 2 and shit lol They might just think XB has nothing for them, thus Sony can get away with the wait and show, MS needs to market why things are different. If that means showing games early to sell the potential of the generation, then so be it.

Folks bash them for this, but it makes compete sense why MS should show early and get the word out. This isn't like XONE, this won't be like last gen and if you own both or if you just buy XB....you will factor them into your next gen purchase. How can they with just Gears, Halo, Forza combo? They'd just think it will be like last gen and skip, but Starfield, Hellblade 2 etc that is the type of thing to make someone reconsider only having a PS and getting both or even just getting XB.

Its a rebranding and MS shouldn't stay silent about the new XB approach.

anthony2690

Banned
As long as Grubb doesn't say he is speculating, I'll believe him. (His speculations are usually wrong)

Otherwise he is pretty solid.

Any cool info? That don't have the words speculations/speculating before or after? (& Not coming out of nicks mouth as he is always wrong)

Topher Topher do your thing please ❤️

batman-bat-signal.gif

Handel

This seemed obvious just from lack of appearance at TGA's and one of the Xbox execs tweeting about news in the near future in response to the dumb criticism from that. They have too many first half games without an exact release date, as well as updates on other projects that haven't been seen in awhile but should be ready to show some stuff/get a release window(especially Hellblade II).

You can trust Jeff. Don't have much time to write as I'm replaying Metroid Prime HD for the 3rd time, so yeah.
Almost nobody has a good track record when it comes to Nintendo as they change their plans all the time.

zzill3

Banned
I’m hoping the ‘releasing within the next year’ thing becomes a regular bit MS do, don’t really care about what I can play 3 or 4 years from now

Dolodolo

Another little game
How cool (No)
People are buying the most powerful NEXT GEN console for small games. 🤡
Hellblade 2 is coming out next year? Or will it be the fifth year since the announcement?)

Last edited:

adamsapple

So reliable.

uBb5oxN.jpg

That only happened because a specific user (who is banned now I think) kept complaining about him for something that later turned out to be true.

I think it was the Kojima-Xbox partnership, which Grubb had been talking about at least 6 to 8 months before it was officially announced.

Top Bottom