• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: PlayStation Showcase is the week of May 25

Draugoth

Gold Member

For PlayStation fans hoping for more news about their favorite console, the next PlayStation Showcase looks to be coming sooner rather than later. According to journalist Jeff Grubb, Sony is set to hold a PlayStation Showcase the week of May 25.

Edit:

VGC corroborates:

Sony is planning to showcase upcoming PlayStation games in a digital event held within the next few weeks, sources have told VGC.

According to people with knowledge of Sony Interactive Entertainment’s plans, the next big PlayStation Showcase could take place at the end of this month, or in early June, ahead of other big events planned for next month, including Summer Game Fest.

Last edited:

Pelta88

R.50c7cf86cac767649625c390a9bedb51

Last edited:

Tsaki

If he is willing to put a date on it, then it is definitely happening that Thursday. Finally!

Mr.Phoenix

Any chance of them announcing or revealing the PS5 v.2? I would think that due to the unique nature of the product doing so wouldn't affect sales of the current console(s) in any way.

Anyways, I have this feeling we are going to see Meta gear and Silent hill, and GoT2.. in some capacity.

The PS5 revision will most likely just be a blog post. I don't really see them devoting time in the Showcase to that.

I'm on the fence, myself. It's been so long since we've had a PlayStation Showcase that the expectations of what could be in it are astronomical.

There's a ton of first-party stuff that hasn't been shown yet. As far as third party goes, it could really be anything.

The only thing I'm unsure if we'll see is Final Fantasy VII Rebirth.

I don't know if they want to take away hype from XVI and I also don't know that two major FF games could hit in the same year.

Crayon

I don't really know what to expect. I'm going to let myself anticipate one thing that is great for me. Not a list of bangers, though that would be great.

Elios83

Any chance of them announcing or revealing the PS5 v.2? I would think that due to the unique nature of the product doing so wouldn't affect sales of the current console(s) in any way.

Anyways, I have this feeling we are going to see Meta gear and Silent hill, and GoT2.. in some capacity.
Zero.
FFXVI PS5 bundle is still based on current hardware and that's being released at the end of June.
Sony's yearly hardware revisions usually go into production in summer to be available on the market in September or October.
And they won't impact sales of the current model with a early announcement.
I expect the Slim to be announced in late August with a September launch.

So is this the week of May 21st and most likely happening on the 25th? or does he mean sometime between May 25th and June 1st which is Thursday to Thursday?...My prediction is that its happening on a day.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

If v2 isn't here I think they wait till around August to announce that with a launch in September alongside spider man.

Or whenever it comes it's bundled with spiderman. Don't want to kill sales of the current version until as late as possible.

Mr.Phoenix

The only thing I want to see from this is Ps5 exclusive games that push the hardware. We're three years into this generation. This is the time to start seeing the Ps5 actually earn its keep.
I believe everything they show would be PS5 exclusive... maybe with the exception of factions.
Zero.
FFXVI PS5 bundle is still based on current hardware and that's being released at the end of June.
Sony's yearly hardware revisions usually go into production in summer to be available on the market in September or October.
And they won't impact sales of the current model with a early announcement.
I expect the Slim to be announced in late August with a September launch.
A man can dream right?

Anyways my current running theory is that v2 would seem more of a new PS5DE, with the difference being that you can attach a disc drive to it. And would be priced the same as the current digital edition, and Sony just only supplies the current disc version until whenever v2 reeases. So technically, someone that was in for a digital PS5 wouldn't care much anyways.

But yeah, I know there is zero chance they show it here.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

This thing is likely not coming until next year. With the Pro, they didnt announce it at E3 only announcing in 3 weeks before it shipped in november. They even let MS announce the X1X at E3 knowing full well they were going to beat MS to market a full year in advance.

I dont think they want to cannibalize their own sales. Especially since they are not going to make it this year. This is likely a holiday 2024 release. Maybe Spring.

Mr.Phoenix

This thing is likely not coming until next year. With the Pro, they didnt announce it at E3 only announcing in 3 weeks before it shipped in november. They even let MS announce the X1X at E3 knowing full well they were going to beat MS to market a full year in advance.

I dont think they want to cannibalize their own sales. Especially since they are not going to make it this year. This is likely a holiday 2024 release. Maybe Spring.
Next year? I am fairy confident that the PS5v.2 is coming this year, especially being that a leak talking about sony shipping estimates for this year and next year ended up being true, and that leak suggested a revised PS5 for this year.

As for the pro, I am not fully confident that there will be one, but yes, if there is one that could likely come next year.

“Best I can do are 60FPS PS4 games take it or leave it”
I am curious, is there any first-party Sony PS5 game that doesn't have 60fps mode?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Next year? I am fairy confident that the PS5v.2 is coming this year, especially being that a leak talking about sony shipping estimates for this year and next year ended up being true, and that leak suggested a revised PS5 for this year.

As for the pro, I am not fully confident that there will be one, but yes, if there is one that could likely come next year.

I am curious, is there any first-party Sony PS5 game that doesn't have 60fps mode?
i thought you were talking about the pro.

yeah the slim is probably this year.

Top Bottom