• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: PlayStation Showcase is the week of May 25

Doom85

They're smart. They'll make a bunch of money off multiplayer games and reinvest into the single player ones. Those games have transformed the brand identity. If that does change, it won't be fast.

I can’t remember the thread, but someone shared a tweet or interview clip from one of the heads of Sony who clarified that while live service games are definitely going to be a significant portion of their upcoming titles, it will still be pure single player experiences that will be the majority.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I can’t remember the thread, but someone shared a tweet or interview clip from one of the heads of Sony who clarified that while live service games are definitely going to be a significant portion of their upcoming titles, it will still be pure single player experiences that will be the majority.
According to the information they shared with their investors, they are adding live-service multiplayer games to their current portfolio with the help of new teams and studios.

So think of it as something new or incremental. According to Sony's slides, MP games won't be produced at the cost of SP games. Both will increase in quantity in the coming years.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
I just had a terrible thought…

Some are expecting Sony to absolutely blow everyone away with their next showcase but what if it’s less about the games and more about the rumoured handheld? You know, the one rumoured to stream existing games rather than be a platform in its own right? That would be…disappointing…

Little Mac

Gold Member
Excited for this event. I have a Series S and was thinking about upgrading to an X, but if Sony knocks it out of the park and GAF rates the event at least an 8.5 out of 10, I'll get a ps5. Specifically the rumored slim model with optional/detachable hard drive because the current model is one chunky mofo. Take the wheel GAF.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
I just had a terrible thought…

Some are expecting Sony to absolutely blow everyone away with their next showcase but what if it’s less about the games and more about the rumoured handheld? You know, the one rumoured to stream existing games rather than be a platform in its own right? That would be…disappointing…

That’s probably a 2 minute ad and a blog post. It’s going to be an OLED screen that attaches to your dual sense most likely. Wi Fi 6 will come in handy as the PS5 supports it.

An accessory really.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

John Candy Reaction GIF

Top Bottom