• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Johnny Depp's managers 'knew he abused his ex-wife Amber Heard'

Link.

Johnny Depp's former management knew he had "gotten physical" with Amber Heard and the actor pressured his assistant to say text messages had been fabricated, it has been claimed in court documents.

The Black Mass actor split from the Danish Girl star last year amid accusations he was abusive, and although he has always denied the claims, The Management Group (TMG) stated they knew he was "volatile" in filings submitted as part of their ongoing legal battle with their famous former client.

In documents submitted this week, they said: "During his recent divorce from Amber Heard, Depp publicly and repeatedly denied having physically assaulted his former wife and accused her of manufacturing the allegations to 'extend her 15 minutes of fame'.

"However, [TMG were] informed well after the fact through communications with various house staff and security that Depp had been extremely volatile and sometimes 'gotten physical' with Heard. [They] were also later informed that Depp had violently kicked Heard during an incident that took place in or around 2014."

During the bitter divorce battle, Heard made public texts she had exchanged with the 54-year-old star's assistant, in which the employee apologised for his boss' behaviour, but the actor denied the texts were real - a claim which TMG dispute.

The filming continued: "Depp and his long-time assistant publicly denied the messages and outrageously accused Heard of manufacturing them.

"TMG is informed and believes that Depp knew full well that the text messages were genuine, but pressured and berated his assistant to falsely challenge the texts publicly."

Elsewhere in the lengthy document, the company alleged their former client - who has kids Lily-Rose, 18, and Jack, 15, with ex-partner Vanessa Paradis - had lied to unspecified "public authorities" about a family issue.

According to Hollywood Gossip, they stated: [Depp was being] interviewed by public authorities relating to a serious and troubling issue involving his family ... [Depp] knowingly lied to public authorities in several respects in connection with these matters... [His actions] marked lack of concern for certain serious family issues."

Depp is locked in a legal battle with his former management company after he sued them for mismanaging his money, while they hit back insisting his financial problems are his own fault.

Some other quotes from the Daily Mail:

Johnny Depp's managers knew that the Hollywood actor had allegedly assaulted his ex-wife Amber Heard, court documents reveal.

The documents allege that Depp's staff and security were aware he was 'extremely volatile' and had 'sometimes gotten physical' with his then-wife.

His team also claim to have had direct knowledge of an incident where Depp allegedly violently kicked the actress in 2014.

The revelations were included in court documents filed this week by Depp's former management group TMG.

The Pirates of the Caribbean star is suing TMG for mismanaging his money.

In the recent court documents, Depp's former management team claim the allegations of abuse at the hands of the actor are accurate, according to the Hollywood Gossip.

The domestic violence allegations first surfaced when Depp and Heard were going through their messy divorce last year.

During the high-profile divorce, Heard released a series of text messages - published by ET - that she had exchanged with Depp's assistant that referred to the alleged abuse.

At the time, Depp publicly denied that the messages - which mentioned the 2014 kicking encounter - were real.

In the recent court filing, TMG appears to confirm the authenticity of the messages.

'Depp and his long-time assistant publicly denied the messages and outrageously accused Heard of manufacturing them,' one filing states.

'TMG is informed and believes that Depp knew full well that the text messages were genuine, but pressured and berated his assistant to falsely challenge the texts publicly.'

It comes after email exchanges between Depp and TMG dating back to 2009 that discussed his financial status were also made public in court documents.

The management firm submitted the emails Depp sent as part of a 109-page document fighting back against the star's attempts to keep his former agent and lawyer from being subpoenaed in the case.

TMG has been fighting the lawsuit, insisting that Depp's money problems are his own fault. They claim the emails show that the actor 'knew the dire state of his finances'.

In the emails, TMG's Joel Mandel urged Depp to 'take it easy' on holiday spending and asked to set up a meeting to 'look realistically at income and expenses and to work together on how to make sure that these are back in balance.'

In response, Depp promised to do what he could.

However, the star insisted one expense he couldn't do without was flying by private jet as a commercial flight would be a 'f***ing nightmare of monumental proportions'.

'first, thank you for dealing and getting me through. secondly, i am doing my very best on holiday spending, but there is only so much i can do, as i need to give my kiddies and famille as good a Christmas as possible, obviously within reason,' the email from Depp to Mandel read.

'but, regarding the plane situation,., i don't have all that many options at the moment. a commercial flight with paparazzis in tow would be a f***ing nightmare of monumental proportions. forget the dillinger auction. don't need it.

'know that i will be starting THE TOURIST, on or about the 15th of february; which will be 20 mil. i will then go, virtually, straight into PIRATCS 4, for 35 mil and then in turn to DARK SHADOWS for another 20 mil.

'i hope that by the amount that will be coming in from work in the coming year and also from back end proceeds, etc., will put everything straight.

'what else can i do??? you want me to sell same art??? i will. you want me to sell something else??? sure... what??? [sic]

'boat is going to be chartered at new years and sony will then charter it for the TOURIST shoot in venice. other than that, i got bikes, cars, property, books, paintings and some semblance of a soul left, where would you like me to start???

'i don't like being in this situation, but there wasn't a whole lot of choice, as THE RUM DIARY was a sacrifice we knew would be happening and the last proper paycheck was PUBLIC ENEMIES. i will do my best, joel.(sic).'

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Johnny Depp is still making A list dollars on the regular and his head is still under water. Nic Cage and Bruce Willis must owe their soul to the tax man, cause they've been filling up the direct to DVD bin for a decade.

I don't know why you'd waste millions on him. Does he even bring in an audience outside of Pirates films? Even that's coasting off a fun performance from 2003...

Johnny Depp is still making A list dollars on the regular and his head is still under water. Nic Cage and Bruce Willis must owe their soul to the tax man, cause they've been filling up the direct to DVD bin for a decade.

I don't know why you'd waste millions on him. Does he even bring in an audience outside of Pirates films? Even that's coasting off a fun performance from 2003...

He's not at all a draw outside of Jack Sparrow, and judging by the receipts of the latest Pirates movie, he's not even a draw there anymore either.

CHC

This guys sounds (a) totally miserable and (b) totally coddled by an army of professional ass-wipers.

Gross but seemingly typical of Hollywood.

Ecto311

I still trust Doug Stanhope over some managers she could have paid off. Doug has nothing to gain where the managers might.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
The Black Mass actor split from the Danish Girl star last year amid....

Yeah, when the layperson thinks of the actor Johnny Depp they think "from the critically aclaimed Black Mass".

I am curious as to why exactly Depp's managers are saying this. I mean, I know they're trying to pile as much shit as possible on him lately, but at least his wild spending habits seemed related to the case they're fighting against Depp. What the official (on paper) motive for publicising this announcement?

EGM1966

I feel the need to ping out the one time I met the late, very great Alan Rickman he was flying economy and quite happily signed a few kids autographs as Professor Snape. He then picked up his own bags from carousel, gave the kids a wave and sauntered off.

Nobody haslesed him because he was very clearly a nice guy and "off duty".

Anyway not sounding good for Depp and really that's crazy he can't keep his finances in order nor his limbs to himself.

TS-08

Yet, people will still dismiss this as rumors and hearsay. :/

But this is literally hearsay (as of now). These are allegations made in a pleading or other court filing by an adverse party in a lawsuit which cite to communications with third parties. Not saying it isn't true, but these are allegations made by a party with an adverse interest to Depp in a lawsuit, which should at least be kept in mind.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Yikes. Hopefully this is the end of him in Hollywood. Or better yet, he becomes one of those hacks who will desperately take any role they can, even in direct-to-dvd garbage, all because their star has fallen so far that they can't pay the bills anymore. That sounds like a worthy humiliation for this fuckwit.

Calabi

I still trust Doug Stanhope over some managers she could have paid off. Doug has nothing to gain where the managers might.

Huh?, is this a joke? He's Johnny Depp's friend he has everything to gain from lying.

There's multiple testimony's to Support Amber's side now, and what, like one to support Depps.

that email to his finance manager pretty much sums up the careers of people like him and nic cage

He is afforded the privilege still of getting like 15+ a movie and big franchises but at the end of the day neither seem to give a shit in most films they star in and just need that constant flow of cash to pay their extravagant expenses

They're better than this but at the same time they need this shit and are just phoning it in to stay in their wasteful lifestyle they are used to

lenovox1

Fuck him

Fuck them

TMG knew well after the fact, allegedly, and they're also only his former money managers. No one who would be directly involved in his life.

In fact, while I understand the relevance this information might have to their defense, I'm not sure why anyone at TMG was privy to their client's personal life in that way

That must mean a LOT of people in his circle knew.

The Daily Mail, eh?

They are just the messengers. This is publicly available information released surrounding their defense of Depp's allegations of fraud and mismanagement.

Aselith

Yeah, I mean a lot of people went to see Black Mass because that was him getting back to "real"acting. It didn't do amazingly well but it did all right.

cackhyena

that email to his finance manager pretty much sums up the careers of people like him and nic cage

He is afforded the privilege still of getting like 15+ a movie and big franchises but at the end of the day neither seem to give a shit in most films they star in and just need that constant flow of cash to pay their extravagant expenses

They're better than this but at the same time they need this shit and are just phoning it in to stay in their wasteful lifestyle they are used to
I don't care about any of that. I care that he physically abused his spouse.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The drunken louse with money management issues also has anger issues?

let me hold back my surprise.

what a dirt bag. where is that defense force from earlier in the year now?

jett

D-Member
This dumb fuck played himself.

I am curious as to why exactly Depp's managers are saying this. I mean, I know they're trying to pile as much shit as possible on him lately, but at least his wild spending habits seemed related to the case they're fighting against Depp. What the official (on paper) motive for publicising this announcement?

Proof of erratic behavior?

Top Bottom