• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joss Whedon is nearing a deal to write, direct, and produce a Batgirl pic for WB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holland Roden would be great imo.
Holy shit yes.
She can scream
latest
She can fight
And be attractive

DC get on that shit right NOW

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Batgirl year one is one of my favourite comics. I hope he captures the campiness and how awesome she is!

Theorry

Probably posted already. But maybe not.

According to EW, Barbara Gordon, daughter of Commissioner Gordon, will be Batgirl in Joss Whedon’s movie. It’ll be based on the New 52 version of the character.

In The New 52 version of “Batgirl”, which was launched in 2011 by writer Gail Simone, Barbara Gordon has recovered from the paralyzing attack she suffered from The Joker in “The Killing Joke”, thanks to experimental surgery. She’s back to her old, crimefighting self, though she’s still haunted by the memory of the Joker.

EW says that the movie will “follow Simone’s harder-edged storyline rather than the more comical, playful “Batgirl of Burnside” series that was rebooted in 2014, featuring the hero as a social-media obsessed student living in a hipster neighborhood of Gotham.”

TaterTots

Banned
Ever since I read Whedon's run on the Astonishing X-Men I learned to trust him with comic book characters. I enjoyed both Avengers films. I'll give this a go if it happens as well.

This is Geoff Johns' influence on the DCEU.

I personally am willing to continue seeing this movies so long as he's involved (and assuming Wonder Woman and the films tend to be of higher quality than pre-Geoff Johns involvement films.

Sesha

Babs should be Oracle. Oh well, whatever. I'll watch it in the hope this increases the chances of a Cassandra Cain movie, regardless of what moniker she uses.

Cue 20 posts quoting this and replying with "who?" or mocking laughter.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DC does what Disney-Marvel don't?

Could he be the one to save the DCCU!?

Babs should be Oracle. Oh well, whatever. I'll watch it in the hope this increases the chances of a Cassandra Cain movie, regardless of what moniker she uses.

Cue 20 posts quoting this and replying with "who?" or mocking laughter.

I would totally dog a Cassandra Cain movie. Knowing how these things play out though they would just cast a white person.

Man, didn't see that one coming.

I'm not really a big fan of Whedon's writing (Firefly being the big exception), but this seems like a great fit overall for the guy that created Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I think the Whedon style being tempered a bit by the more grim tones we've seen with the DCEU will actually work really well here (as opposed to it being snark & jokes overload like it was in the Avengers flicks).

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Is this his way of getting back into the MCU? Cozy up to their competition to try and get them to let him back in?

WB is moving quickly on these films: The Batman, Nightwing, Gotham City Sirens, Batgirl, Suicide Squad 2, and Green Lantern.

Guess they have a strong focus.

Ross61

WB is moving quickly on these films: The Batman, Nightwing, Gotham City Sirens, Batgirl, Suicide Squad 2, and Green Lantern.

Guess they have a strong focus.
Don't forget Shazam! JLD/Dark Universe would also be on that list but it looks like Liman might be booked up for a minute.

It's insane to me that you've never heard of Batgirl. Like, literally INSANE. Unless you're joking.
Genuinely never heard of her. No jokes.

Truth be told, I feel like part of getting Batman right is making sure to include the Bat-family, so this doesn't have me concerned about The Batman.
First I'm hearing of a bat family too.

Also have no idea who nightwing is, unless I'm missing the obvious and it's just Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom