• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June PS+ games leaked

ReBurn

Gold Member
Indies: "what a crappy month"
AAA: "they already gave away God of War in another subscription with only 3M people subscribed and on PS Collection. The other 100M PS4 users don't count! Crappy month!"

Like...i seriously think no matter what they have in there people will not care, lmao.
Hardcore gamers are never happy with anything.

Aenima

I wish they stopped offering games that are part of the PS+ game collection. This makes it a nice month for PS4 players only, and pretty mediocre month for PS5 players.

Quantum253

Imagine owning a PS4/5 without having played God of War.

Frustrated Whats Wrong With You GIF by Steve Harvey TV
I own a ps4 and purchased GoW on launch day. It's still sitting in the shrink wrap. To be fair, I finally opened and played the launch PS4 version Spiderman about 2 months ago. I have stopped purchasing games at launch, taking in it takes me years to get to it.

Ozriel

M$FT
This argument works with every game, unless it's a day one release.

115 million PS4s and 20 million GoW sales. Not a single person in that other 95 million would consider playing GoW?

you’re not supposed to contrast against the total userbase. Just the population on PS+ Which is around 48m. Not sure how many in that basket haven’t either bought GoW or claimed it as part of the PS+ collection on PS5.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
God of war has sold 20 millions on Ps4 until 2021 so probably there are 90 million people who didn't play it. So it is a great month for them. Great bait for ps plus and ragnarok from Sony's side.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Great for those ps4 owners that have been in jail for last 5 years and are broke I guess

rofif

Banned
God of war is already in ps+ collection since ps5 release.
And anyway - Who the fuck have not played gow before. It's been 10$ for years anyway

Last edited:
God of war has sold 20 millions on Ps4 until 2021 so probably there are 90 million people who didn't play it. So it is a great month for them. Great bait for ps plus and ragnarok from Sony's side.
48m people have PS+. Those are also the more enthusiastic part of the Playstation crowd. Most of them have played the game or they're simply not interested in it (game has been on sale for $9.99 several times).

GoW is a damn good get for anyone who hasn't had a chance to play it and honestly you don't have an excuse not to. Nice way to catch up before (hopefully) an announcement of some kind.

Mahavastu

Indies: "what a crappy month"
AAA: "they already gave away God of War in another subscription with only 3M people subscribed and on PS Collection. The other 100M PS4 users don't count! Crappy month!"

Like...i seriously think no matter what they have in there people will not care, lmao.
The thing is, that the game is already part of the PS Plus collection.
This means that every PS Plus subscriber with a PS5 or who knows someone with a PS5, already has the game.

I doubt there are many PS Plus subscribers who get it for the first time.

you’re not supposed to contrast against the total userbase. Just the population on PS+ Which is around 48m. Not sure how many in that basket haven’t either bought GoW or claimed it as part of the PS+ collection on PS5.
The purpose of adding value to the service is to keep existing subscribers and attempt to get new subscribers.

June is my last month of PS+ After all these years. It's just not worth my time or attention.
Going out with a whimper.

Gamepass will be on the chopping block eventually, but I've got bunch more time before that expires.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I greatly enjoyed God of War on PS2 but have no interest in the 2018 one. Played for an hour from the PS Plus Collection and got bored lol plus I hate kid characters. Might give it another chance some day.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Meh. I mean, GoW is awesome, but who doesn't already own it (or have access to it through the PS+ Collection)?

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You expecting the bulk of PlayStation gamers here not to have played one of the biggest masterpieces on PS4? A game that’s been on the PS5 plus collection, and one that’s sold for $10 as part of PlayStation greatest hits?

It's still in the collection I'm pretty sure? Don't think they've ever removed anything from there. So it's only for PS4 people who have somehow missed it.

Moses85

very weak month for anyone who’s played God of War before.

Hard pressed to imagine a PlayStation fan who hasn’t. The game’s also on the Plus collection.

I guess it serves as marketing for the next one
Like most of the time.

The thing is, that the game is already part of the PS Plus collection.
This means that every PS Plus subscriber with a PS5 or who knows someone with a PS5, already has the game.

I doubt there are many PS Plus subscribers who get it for the first time.
The biggest thing this tells me is we're getting the Ragnarok releas date during the next month and that's why they are giving us this on PSPlus now.

The funny thing about a service that is set up like PS+ Essencials is that a game like Knack 2 or The Order: 1886 actually add more value to the service than a game like GoW or Uncharted 4 that everyone has.

Lognor

Banned
The game sold 20m copies, 50m have PS Plus at the lowest level, the PS5 is like gold dust so gaining from the PS plus collection isn't a factor yet, and most importantly only about 1 in 6 PS4 owners own the game.

Worst case scenario is around 30m PS+ subscribers don't have the game. The cost is irrelevant as some people are stuck to the genres they prefer and may only risk trying a new game if "free".

And yes there are clowns here that think the month is rubbish.
The game has been under $10 countless times now. You can say only 1 in 6 ps4 owners own the game, but you're not accounting for ppl who own a ps4 and played gow (but didn't own it) or more importantly the ps4 owners that have no desire to play gow. With the game being so cheap very frequently most who want to play it have. And the people who haven't, do your expect them to have ps plus?

It's not a great month. Gow is a good game from what I've heard. But most who want to play it have. It's not a good month.

Aenima

The funny thing about a service that is set up like PS+ Essencials is that a game like Knack 2 or The Order: 1886 actually add more value to the service than a game like GoW or Uncharted 4 that everyone has.
True. But then ppl complain that they only offer trash games with 60 metacritic. PS+ never wins on forums, cuz its impossible to offer games that everyone likes. If they offer a good game, ppl cry that they already bought it, if they offer a more discrete game, then its trash and no one cares about it anyway.

Im glad they still do a mix of both. FF7R was a great offer to me, but usually im more interested in the lower rated games that i usually dont buy so getting them for "free" in the service is a great way to try them out and some times get surprized by how much i did enjoyed them.

Last edited:
True. But then ppl complain that they only offer trash games with 60 metacritic. PS+ never wins on forums, cuz its impossible to offer games that everyone likes. If they offer a good game, ppl cry that they already bought it, if they offer a more discrete game, then its trash and no one cares about it anyway.

Im glad they still do a mix of both. FF7R was a great offer to me, but usually im more interested in the lower rated games that i usually dont buy so getting them for "free" in the service is a great way to try them out and some times get surprized by how much i did enjoyed them.
FF7R is the best PS+ game ever for me because I was still waiting for a discount on the disc version to get it, I had be searching for deals on the game online days before it was announced. Nothing like that ever happened again.

Most other games I either already had or wasn't interested in it at all.

Other games that worked for me were games like Fall Guys and Rocket League, those are the perfect games for this type of service.

Last edited:
Hardcore gamers are never happy with anything.
The model just doesn't work at all, it's leads to a lot more frustration than satisfaction.

Most of the time you get a game you don't care about or a game you already have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom