• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June PS+ games leaked

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Good month for PS4 users (tons havent played or bought it).

Bad month for PS5 gamers as GOW is one of the free games part of the classic collection they all get.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Good month for PS4 users (tons havent played or bought it).

Bad month for PS5 gamers as GOW is one of the free games part of the classic collection they all get.
As many times as God of War has been on sale for $10 it's kind of tough to imagine that there are still tons of people who want to play it but haven't. Maybe there are. I'm just a dumb guy on the internet.

BTW It's currently $10 at Best Buy and Amazon for anyone who wants a cheap physical copy.

DonF

The month they give God of War....
An amazing game, that it's already included in the ps collection if you own a ps5.
I got the game day one, but it's been like $20 on sale and free on the collection so I believe it's a bad deal.
Great game, bad deal.

Justin9mm

Putting aside the fact that GOW is on PS+ PS5 Collection, this game is now over 4 years old and has been in the bargain bin for a very long time!

It is a great game but 90%+ of people who owns or has owned a PS4 and probably all PS5 users has played this by now. This is the laziest move from Sony given they probably could of given this away months ago but no, they wait until the final month of PS+ before it goes into the new subscription tiers. Fuck you Sony. You're anti consumer practices this gen is going to be your downfall.

Lupin25

I'm one of those people who hasn't played GoW yet, so this is welcome. I coincidentally ordered the 3 remaster last night so I could beat it before playing the 2018 version.

☝ I already found 1 person who hasn’t played it and they were in this thread. Lol.

As for the games…

I don’t expect value to get much better on the monthly side as an “essential-tier” user going forward. Most will probably be invested into higher tiers.

The model just doesn't work at all, it's leads to a lot more frustration than satisfaction.

Most of the time you get a game you don't care about or a game you already have.

Yeah, but that’s “you” lol (another hardcore gamer, like us, on an enthusiast board).

Many people do not buy, nor play more than a few games per year.

Shit like COD, 2K, Madden, Fortnite, Apex… some people really don’t care for collecting these games.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Yeah, but that’s “you” lol (another hardcore gamer, like us, on an enthusiast board).

Many people do not buy, nor play more than a few games per year.

Shit like COD, 2K, Madden, Fortnite, Apex… some people really don’t care for collecting these games.

You are sorely mistaken if you think God of War appealed mainly to hardcore gamers.
For those who buy few games yearly, GoW would have topped the lists of games to buy.

The funny thing about a service that is set up like PS+ Essencials is that a game like Knack 2 or The Order: 1886 actually add more value to the service than a game like GoW or Uncharted 4 that everyone has.

I agree with this. Which is why the Extra’s launch slate of Death Stranding, Returnal and Demons Souls is brilliant because a lot of folks didn’t play those games at all…and this gets people to play these excellent games.

Last edited:

Lupin25

You are sorely mistaken if you think God of War appealed mainly to hardcore gamers.
For those who buy few games yearly, GoW would have topped the lists of games to buy.

I agree with this. Which is why the Extra’s launch slate of Death Stranding, Returnal and Demons Souls is brilliant because a lot of folks didn’t play those games at all…and this gets people to play these excellent games.

That’s hypothetical. I’m simply stating there are those who play those games and nothing else, so it’s likely many exclusives are overlooked.

It was to be expected once Gamepass came GWG gone to shit and now that PS Now is fuse with PS Plus the monthly free PS Plus games also gone to shit

Dick Jones

Gold Member
It's not a great month. Gow is a good game from what I've heard. But most who want to play it have. It's not a good month.
I've highlighted the problem with PS+ here. It doesn't appeal to the Xbox crowd here who don't have a PS4 and/or PS5, nevermind those who just don't have a PS+ subscription.

Hopefully Jim Ryan takes that into account for the July PS+ game choices. Can't wait to hear your feedback then Lognor Lognor

kyussman

I haven't claimed a PS+ game in about 12 months,there has been nothing of interest for me and it's become a waste of money for me having it,luckily my subscription ends in June.....I won't be renewing this year.If I end up with a PS5 eventually I may renew but I don't play multiplayer games ever anymore so there might not be any point.

Darkdrown

Neo Member
Just offer scarlet nexus already.

Cat Please GIF by Atinum
Yes yes, would be fantastic. I'm playing the demo is a good anime game 😍

Lognor

Banned
I've highlighted the problem with PS+ here. It doesn't appeal to the Xbox crowd here who don't have a PS4 and/or PS5, nevermind those who just don't have a PS+ subscription.

Hopefully Jim Ryan takes that into account for the July PS+ game choices. Can't wait to hear your feedback then Lognor Lognor
But does it appeal to the ps crowd? I think those who have wanted to play gow have done so by now and it being included in ps plus won't add more players.

Lunarorbit

I think I get value out of ps+ even though it's slowly getting worse... actually I don't even know if that is true. It just seems like a lazy tired release.

Most months I at least try the game out. Tribes of Midgard isn't too bad. I'd be disappointed if I paid $60 for it but I guess that's the point of the service

Lognor

Banned
You can say that about any game that shows up years late on another platform and/or service.
For ps owners what was the barrier to entry? $10? But now a subscription that costs similarly on a monthly basis will bring in a ton of new players? Really?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
For ps owners what was the barrier to entry? $10? But now a subscription that costs similarly on a monthly basis will bring in a ton of new players? Really?
Again, you can say that about any game that shows up on another service or platform.

I never dove into Days Gone or HZD until I got my PS5. Days Gone was on the Plus collection so I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago, and I was hooked. Definitely one my sleeper games of the gen (last gen) even though I was LTTP. I really should do a thread on that one, loved every moment of it, and glad I got to play at 4K/60 as my experience with it.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
But does it appeal to the ps crowd? I think those who have wanted to play gow have done so by now and it being included in ps plus won't add more players.
You're right the 2018 game of the year that sold 20m copies doesn't appeal to PS owners. Being on Plus opens itself up to only 30m additional users that have yet to try it.

What was Jimbo thinking? I hope they don't make another sequel, but if they do I hope they don't use the same animation getting into a boat.

Lognor

Banned
You're right the 2018 game of the year that sold 20m copies doesn't appeal to PS owners. Being on Plus opens itself up to only 30m additional users that have yet to try it.

What was Jimbo thinking? I hope they don't make another sequel, but if they do I hope they don't use the same animation getting into a boat.
Be realistic! There is likely a huge overlap between PS Plus subscribers and owners of gow.

Lognor

Banned
Should they just recycle their PS+ games like its competitor this month and last?
Isn't that what they are kind of doing since PS5 owners already got GOW? We'll probably see more of this.

Maybe I'm paying too much attention to what folks on an enthusiastic forum are saying. Maybe the common person hasn't played GOW and including it on PS Plus was a brilliant move to increase subscription numbers. I dunno. Maybe Sony will make an announcement if subscription numbers soar after GOW is on PS Plus.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Isn't that what they are kind of doing since PS5 owners already got GOW? We'll probably see more of this.

Maybe I'm paying too much attention to what folks on an enthusiastic forum are saying. Maybe the common person hasn't played GOW and including it on PS Plus was a brilliant move to increase subscription numbers. I dunno. Maybe Sony will make an announcement if subscription numbers soar after GOW is on PS Plus.
Again this is a PS4 game where there are 50m PS+ users and 20m sales. The PS5 is like gold dust and it would be some odds if none of the close to 20m PS5 owners had PS+ and never bought GOW prior.

Even at that worst case scenario it's open to 10m new users (1 in 5 ps+ users). Sometimes games on PS+ are games bought before. It happens. I have months where I owned all games promoted and other months I never owned one. It happens. Imposing a condition that every month must only be games no one else played is unrealistic.

This is the laziest move from Sony given they probably could of given this away months ago but no, they wait until the final month of PS+ before it goes into the new subscription tiers. Fuck you Sony. You're anti consumer practices this gen is going to be your downfall.
Good grief. This is PS+ monthly free games.

Have you guys not seen the vast majority of the games on PS+ and GwG? You guys are freaking out because Sony put the best game of the generation on the platform when you've already played it. Do you feel like this caused you to miss out on "Mom Hid my Game" or "My Little Pony" or something?

Meanwhile, Nintendo released NES Pinball, Microsoft released Project Highrise, but Sony released God of War 2018 for PS4 players, so "fuck you Sony"?

Also, what difference does it make if they did this before or after PS+ Premium released? This is for PS+ Essential, which is the exact same thing as the old PS+.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Again this is a PS4 game where there are 50m PS+ users and 20m sales. The PS5 is like gold dust and it would be some odds if none of the close to 20m PS5 owners had PS+ and never bought GOW prior.

Even at that worst case scenario it's open to 10m new users (1 in 5 ps+ users). Sometimes games on PS+ are games bought before. It happens. I have months where I owned all games promoted and other months I never owned one. It happens. Imposing a condition that every month must only be games no one else played is unrealistic.
Maybe some of those folks that only play cod will give gow a shot? Gow has had such a low price of entry (sub $10) that i would be shocked if there were a significant number of ppl that have ps plus, are interested in gow, and have never played it. I guess those ppl that were somewhat interested but not enough to spend the $10? Or bigger picture, maybe putting one of sony's biggest games ever on ps plus will get more ppl to subscribe with the hope that more AAA Sony games come to the platform?

Justin9mm

Have you guys not seen the vast majority of the games on PS+ and GwG? You guys are freaking out because Sony put the best game of the generation on the platform when you've already played it. Do you feel like this caused you to miss out on "Mom Hid my Game" or "My Little Pony" or something?

Meanwhile, Nintendo released NES Pinball, Microsoft released Project Highrise, but Sony released God of War 2018 for PS4 players, so "fuck you Sony"?

Also, what difference does it make if they did this before or after PS+ Premium released? This is for PS+ Essential, which is the exact same thing as the old PS+.
They should of given it away long ago, it's a slap in the face considering that because it is one of the best games of the generation, everyone has it/played it. It's a bit too late now to say here you go.

Sony is quickly becoming the most anti consumer they have been, their PS+ free game quality had been dropping for a while now, it used to be a lot better. They charge ridiculous digital RRP's, their have little to no consumer rights on those digital purchases. Their PS Plus subscription tiers is a mess compared to the competition and have been clouded in the upgrade fee debacle. They dragged their feet with features like VRR on PS5 which is still not implemented properly. Don't get me started on their shitty proprietary 3D Tempest audio, it is absolute shit compared to Xbox supporting Dolby Atmos. I could rant all day about how many bad decisions they have made going into the PS5 generation.

And this is coming from a Sony fanboy since launch of OG PS1. I'm sorry to say but they aren't making me feel like a valuable consumer and I'm entitled to have my opinion and feel this way about throwing GOW on monthly free game PS+ in June 2022. They have gone into this generation with a big ego that needs to get checked.

Last edited:

iHaunter

very weak month for anyone who’s played God of War before.

Hard pressed to imagine a PlayStation fan who hasn’t. The game’s also on the Plus collection.

I guess it serves as marketing for the next one
PS Collection is PS5 only. Which most people can't get sadly.

bender

What time is it?

I've always wanted to try "Mom Hid My Game".

Top Bottom