• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jusant (PS5/Xbox/PC) - So you like climbing?

MMaRsu

Banned
ss_7232c8d9a147a80fa31cb6811099ee8510adf6a2.jpg
ss_9f131f1e9e4925625753fccf68ef3490b2e71f72.jpg

Jusant-scorre.png

Jusant is the newest game by Life is Strange developer Don't Nod. Available for Playstation 5, Xbox and PC, Jusant is all about climbing.

Personally I'm only a few hours in, and the game supposedly isn't that long. But so far I've really enjoyed my time with it.

It's free on PC/Xbox Gamepass so that's how I was able to play it.
So far it's a very chill game about climbing, not sure what the premise of the story is really.

The climbing mechanics are really easy, you use the triggers as your hands. So LT is the left hand and RT the right.
Combine those with some nice jumps and off you go!

I wanted to make an OT since this game could easily be overlooked, but so far it's def worth a playthrough!

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I love the game so far. On chapter 3. One of my favorite this year, and one of my favorite vertical exploration / platformers I've ever played.

Ico + The Climb. My only complaint is that I just want more of it and don't want it to end. I'll definitely be buying this, and I'm considering their visual novel too (Harmony). Releasing two games this year for $25 each is pretty awesome. Really liking their approach this year.

JfPpydl.gif

Jfi02Uu.gif

Jfiga8G.gif

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Does the game use the haptics of the Dualsense controller on PS5? Or maybe even on PC when using the Dualsense controller?

MMaRsu

Banned
Please explain to me how can I get Gamepass for free.

95% review score on Steam so far, great start.

You make a YT channel that has a bunch of views, then ask for a PC Gamepass key through Keymailer.
I got a three month PC Gamepass code from them

Tadaa :)

Last edited:
Yea I like climbing (in games) Ya got a problem with that? Well do ya punk?

I got to play about an hour last night before bed. I want to say it's a chill game but I was finger fumbling with the triggers and sticks.
It actually has some mechanics required to advance. It's not a simple push in the direction you want to go.
I like the visuals. I'm going to put down Alan Wake 2 for a few days to see how far I can get up this climb.

Yea I like climbing (in games) Ya got a problem with that? Well do ya punk?

I got to play about an hour last night before bed. I want to say it's a chill game but I was finger fumbling with the triggers and sticks.
It actually has some mechanics required to advance. It's not a simple push in the direction you want to go.
I like the visuals. I'm going to put down Alan Wake 2 for a few days to see how far I can get up this climb.
That's what I was curious about. The mechanics part. Your post kinda sells it for me. I love games about traversal itself so reading it isn't just "push forward for emotions and cinematics" is nice.

Wishlisted. Might play this after Stasis Bone Totem.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
That's what I was curious about. The mechanics part. Your post kinda sells it for me. I love games about traversal itself so reading it isn't just "push forward for emotions and cinematics" is nice.

Wishlisted. Might play this after Stasis Bone Totem.
You have to set all your own hooks in the wall as well. It doesn't exactly broadcast the way to go at all times either.

I wouldn't say it's difficult but the whole game is just showing off the climbing mechanics.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
ss_7232c8d9a147a80fa31cb6811099ee8510adf6a2.jpg
ss_9f131f1e9e4925625753fccf68ef3490b2e71f72.jpg

Jusant-scorre.png

Jusant is the newest game by Life is Strange developer Don't Nod. Available for Playstation 5, Xbox and PC, Jusant is all about climbing.

Personally I'm only a few hours in, and the game supposedly isn't that long. But so far I've really enjoyed my time with it.

It's free on PC/Xbox Gamepass so that's how I was able to play it.
So far it's a very chill game about climbing, not sure what the premise of the story is really.

The climbing mechanics are really easy, you use the triggers as your hands. So LT is the left hand and RT the right.
Combine those with some nice jumps and off you go!

I wanted to make an OT since this game could easily be overlooked, but so far it's def worth a playthrough!

Is on ps5?

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So far this is a chill experience, that I’m enjoying. Also digging the colorful art style.

I’m also curious how this compares to Only Up, which had a load of Twitch viewers, but wound up getting pulled off the market?

My only knocks so far in the early goings…

- I hate main characters that can’t jump for shit. What a wimp.

- I’m not getting that sense of being up at a high elevation where I’m afraid of falling. Something Crackdown conveyed so well.

Last edited:
When I first booted up the game (PC) it had me calibrate brightness using a test pattern. I was adjusting my cables and accidentally exited that screen. I don't see anyway to get back to that screen. Any ideas?

PS: I said this in the other thread, but this game is wonderful.

Somehow I’ve only just realised that don’t nod is a palindrome
I just realized that yesterday as well. All these years...

Orbital2060

Ive only played the first chapter, but it was brilliant. Love the climbing mechanic on the triggers. Great artwork and design.

MMaRsu

Banned
So far this is a chill experience, that I’m enjoying. Also digging the colorful art style.

I’m also curious how this compares to Only Up, which had a load of Twitch viewers, but wound up getting pulled off the market?

My only knocks so far in the early goings…

- I hate main characters that can’t jump for shit. What a wimp.

- I’m not getting that sense of being up at a high elevation where I’m afraid of falling. Something Crackdown conveyed so well.

Only up is an asset flip game where you climb random shit, and it can be as annoying as getting over it.

This is more a chill climber tbh

drotahorror

I had this to say about it:

Just beat it. Wow what an amazing, beautiful game. Definitely one of my favorites of the year. Never would have thought Don't Nod would make a game I'd really enjoy.

Artstyle is insane, gameplay is fun and exploration was good. Great music, kind of reminded me of Returnal sometimes? Had a couple problems with controls/character getting stuck for a second but that was about. Very polished and just a solid, tight experience.

I clocked 3 hours 21 minutes, so a bit on the short side but damn it was good the whole way through. Last time I enjoyed every second of a game was probably INSIDE and that was only 2 hours long.

simpatico

They definitely leave it vague for you to figure out. And you have to combine available techniques.
I couldn't even see a ledge I couldn't reach. It was a little alcove with two buildings outside on scaffolding. I even came back to on another session. Now that the full game is out and there will be guides I'll probably check it out. I liked it.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I couldn't even see a ledge I couldn't reach. It was a little alcove with two buildings outside on scaffolding. I even came back to on another session. Now that the full game is out and there will be guides I'll probably check it out. I liked it.
I can see lots of parts that might be possible. I agree. Totally worth it to look up a brief hint and keep going.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Played up till chapter 2. I like it but the controls yeah, once your used to them its fine I guess. This is the first UE5 game I think looks great, on console atleast.

naguanatak

Finished it in the morning. Reminded me of Rime a bit, but more enjoyable.
Really liked it. Solid mechanics, clean presentation. Music and sound design are really good aswell. Feels good to play through these small, peaceful games, no fighting, no action, just serene, atmospheric gameplay, a couple of nice little sessions...and done :messenger_peace:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Me and my 2.7 yearsold son started playing it today (because he pointed at the game in Gamepass and said "play that") and we loved it (and especially because of the orange crabs..).

Top Bottom