• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jusant (PS5/Xbox/PC) - So you like climbing?

PanzerCute

Alright I just finished the game and it was bloody brilliant, the (extremely) rare kind of games that can give you goosebumps with what seem to be nothing.

The visuals are absolutely gorgeous, the music is perfect and the gameplay is very simple but effective.

The ending really moved me, as many parts of the game. If you love Ueda games or Journey, this will hit you like a train.

My only complaint is the usage of that retarded "inclusive writing" in the french version that put me off immersion a few times, but I guess its not an issue for other languages. But seriously, if someone at Dontnod reads this message: stop with that bullshit, no proper writer uses that shit, not a single people involved in proper Literrature use that: you are just butchering our beautiful language. It really ruined the immersion a few time for me.
At least give us the option to have a proper french version and turn off that monstrosity. I won't buy Banishers if you use that nonsense.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Alright I just finished the game and it was bloody brilliant, the (extremely) rare kind of games that can give you goosebumps with what seem to be nothing.

The visuals are absolutely gorgeous, the music is perfect and the gameplay is very simple but effective.

The ending really moved me, as many parts of the game. If you love Ueda games or Journey, this will hit you like a train.

My only complaint is the usage of that retarded "inclusive writing" in the french version that put me off immersion a few times, but I guess its not an issue for other languages. But seriously, if someone at Dontnod reads this message: stop with that bullshit, no proper writer uses that shit, not a single people involved in proper Literrature use that: you are just butchering our beautiful language. It really ruined the immersion a few time for me.
At least give us the option to have a proper french version and turn off that monstrosity. I won't buy Banishers if you use that nonsense.
The OST is on streaming services. Been listening for a few day. Gives me chills still.

Hugare

Some high praise around here. Wasnt expecting it.

Will buy a month in GP to see what this is about

My AW 2 progression is bugged, so I'll check this out while waiting for a patch

Whenever I get done with Dead Space remake, this is the next game I'll likely check out (if Lies of P patch hasn't released by then).

Love the art and used to love these sorts of games on the PS3. Don't get too many of them anymore sadly.

Good get for GamePass too....really good last few months on the service

schuey7

I've played around half an hour last night. So far I'm liking it . It's a plus for me that it's a short game since I plan to finish it before diving back into other games .

schuey7

So I finished the game last night . Really liked it and enjoyed it. If anything it could have been longer and had tougher puzzles .
It's a pretty chill game and really enjoyed it and took loads of screenshots.
I love my gamepass sub for getting me to try out these games which I otherwise wouldn't have tried.

spons

Gold Member
Great game so far, and thanks to Game Pass on Xbox for shoving it in my face. Excellent production, and it's all the more depressing shit like this never gets mentioned in culture-focused media outlets in Europe. Can't wait to play more of this.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Great game so far, and thanks to Game Pass on Xbox for shoving it in my face. Excellent production, and it's all the more depressing shit like this never gets mentioned in culture-focused media outlets in Europe. Can't wait to play more of this.
Buy it after and tell others you did ;). That will help :).

bender

What time is it?
I'm nearing the end, I believe. I really love this game but it could be so much more. It needs a free solo mode or something to introduce some challenge (maybe a more aggressive stamina system as I'm rarely having to use the rest function). I get that they didn't want to have death as a penalty but it really takes the tension out of the experience and in turn lets you ignore some of the mechanics like the piton. It could also use a bit of polish in terms of movement (easy to get stuck walking around, invisible walls preventing you from jumping off of most ledges) and animation (the arm movements when walking/running look strange but that might be partially due to the coat obscuring them). I think most of the gimmicks to vary your climbing are well done save for the fireflies that let you jump beyond your double jump capability. I hope we see a sequel as there is so much potential.

Top Bottom