• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just bought a 3070Ti from Scan for £529 is it worth it

amc

Man theses humble brag threads. OP knows its a decent card that's fairly hard to kop for at the minute but fancied a flaunt with the "is it good schtick" Yeah OP it's a decent card, no I'm not jealous as I'm rocking PC just dandy. Suppose you'll find plenty feeling jealousy reading mind. Whoopee.

If everyone who felt swollen with glee when they bought something, others in the world seem to be having trouble sourcing, posted a thread we'd have page after page of "just bought a PS5, am I crazy" "Just bought an Xbox Series X, not sure I should have" "just found a kilo of coke, not sure if I should sell it or snort it" yada yada yada.

Come back when you have a 3090. Actually, don't.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Man theses humble brag threads. OP knows its a decent card that's fairly hard to kop for at the minute but fancied a flaunt with the "is it good schtick" Yeah OP it's a decent card, no I'm not jealous as I'm rocking PC just dandy. Suppose you'll find plenty feeling jealousy reading mind. Whoopee.

If everyone who felt swollen with glee when they bought something, others in the world seem to be having trouble sourcing, posted a thread we'd have page after page of "just bought a PS5, am I crazy" "Just bought an Xbox Series X, not sure I should have" "just found a a kilo of coke, not sure if I should sell it or snort it" yada yada yada.

Come back when you have a 3090. Actually, don't.

Honestly wasn't a brag thread intended. I knew in the back of my head GPUs are rare. I ordered knowing I can always cancel. First thing I did was Google and YouTube 3070Ti and most of those said that card is the worse value in comparison to 3070 and 3080. However it was only later I release it's still good value in today's market as 3070 and 3080 are impossible to get.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
That’s amazing. How do they release new stock? I can see regular 3060s on there for almost £200 than you paid for a 3070 Ti, which seems crazy!
So true right.
Need to join one of these Telegrams.
Ive literally not seen any RTX3070ti for less than 800 pounds, not even at launch when there was no LHR cheats.
OP got really lucky or something cuz arent bots eating up all stock anyway?

Honestly wasn't a brag thread intended. I knew in the back of my head GPUs are rare. I ordered knowing I can always cancel. First thing I did was Google and YouTube 3070Ti and most of those said that card is the worse value in comparison to 3070 and 3080. However it was only later I release it's still good value in today's market as 3070 and 3080 are impossible to get.

What Telegram group were/are you with.
Might get lucky and find a 3070/Ti for a kind price.
Cuz right now paying near double MSRP just doesnt sit well.

P.S Yes at MSRP the 70Ti isnt good value its only marginally faster than a 3070, at the prices seen nowadays its usually within spitting distance price wise of a 3070 so it makes sense.

KAL2006

Banned
So true right.
Need to join one of these Telegrams.
Ive literally not seen any RTX3070ti for less than 800 pounds, not even at launch when there was no LHR cheats.
OP got really lucky or something cuz arent bots eating up all stock anyway?

What Telegram group were/are you with.
Might get lucky and find a 3070/Ti for a kind price.
Cuz right now paying near double MSRP just doesnt sit well.

P.S Yes at MSRP the 70Ti isnt good value its only marginally faster than a 3070, at the prices seen nowadays its usually within spitting distance price wise of a 3070 so it makes sense.
Telegram group is

FE PartAlert

Not sure how to send the link to it but found it in a hotukdeals comments section a long time ago

It actually took around 15 mins to sell out so plenty of time to order although 3060Ti went in seconds

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Originally I was going to wait for 40 Series to jump in to PC gaming however I just have a feeling Nvidia will charge more for those and again will be hard to get. Also in the UK price of everything has gone up from cars, to bills to food. Inflation is rampant so a perfect excuse for Nvidia to charge more for the 40 series and that's if you can even get those when they release. I can see GPU pricing and scarcity being a issue for the next 3 years

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Telegram group is

FE PartAlert

Not sure how to send the link to it but found it in a hotukdeals comments section a long time ago

It actually took around 15 mins to sell out so plenty of time to order although 3060Ti went in seconds

Yup found it.
Prices seem to be on point.
Might actually get lucky.

P.S Might want to see the Engineering Sample Benchmarks of the 12900K.

On IPC Intel already beats Ryzen.
Now Alderlake looks to be within spitting distance of the 5950X in multithreaded workloads which has double the cores.
Intel-Core-i9-12900K-ES-Synthetic-Test-5.jpg

Intel-Core-i9-12900K-ES-Synthetic-Test-4.jpg

And How much does basically double the price get you when you chose a 5600X?
maxresdefault.jpg

The 11400 and 11600 get even closer and will beat the 5600X in a number of DX12 titles.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Yup found it.
Prices seem to be on point.
Might actually get lucky.

P.S Might want to see the Engineering Sample Benchmarks of the 12900K.

On IPC Intel already beats Ryzen.
Now Alderlake looks to be within spitting distance of the 5950X in multithreaded workloads which has double the cores.
Intel-Core-i9-12900K-ES-Synthetic-Test-5.jpg

Intel-Core-i9-12900K-ES-Synthetic-Test-4.jpg

And How much does basically double the price get you when you chose a 5600X?
maxresdefault.jpg

The 11400 and 11600 get even closer and will beat the 5600X in a number of DX12 titles.

Make sure you leave your notifications on I got lucky I just woke up and seen the notification was there 2 minutes ago and immediately ordered the product. You may also need to register to scan and put on your details so when it comes to ordering you can do it in an instance

Top Bottom