• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got my console (and I assume my account) banned from Live for playing Halo 4.

Well, it's been more than a couple weeks since my ban, and more than a week since the game came out, and unfortunately, I'm still banned.

I've been in contact with Stinkles via PM, and last I heard he was still certain I'd be unbanned and that he had passed my info along to the right people.

I know he's extremely busy; but I PM'd him a couple days ago to see if there's any update, and I haven't heard back. I'm sure it's crazy for 343 right now, so I understand; and I'm appreciative of his help. But nevertheless, I was hoping I'd be unbanned within a week or so. I said I'd update this thread, and now seems like an okay time to do so.

Hopefully I'll hear back here soon and I can get an idea of a timetable of when I should see my ban lifted. I'll update the thread if/when I do :)
Right now I don't know if I should plan on buying any Xbox 360 games on Black Friday...

That's ridiculous.

You should update your OP so that this issue receives more attention.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
November 27th update: Well, unfortunately, I don't think this is going to be solved. On the release day, I provided Stinkles with the information he requested, and a couple days later, I was informed my issue had been passed on to the appropriate people. After not hearing back from Stinkles on 11/13, I waited four more days and sent another private message on 11/17. Though, at this point, we were approaching Thanksgiving. I understand many vacations run around this time, and so I didn't want to be a nuissance and push for answers over the holidays. However, at this point, we're nearly three days into the return to the working week, and I still haven't heard back on my PMs from Stinkles. Considering the first PM went out on the 13th, I imagine he's moved on and I'm left hanging. I hate to think that; and Stinkles, if I'm incorrect and there is something working in the background, please let me know and I'd be thrilled to update this thread. I'd much prefer a happy ending :) I can certainly understand you're busy, it's just been quite a while since I've heard anything.

Furthermore, at this point, I can't imagine standard customer support being any help at all. We're so far past the launch date, and even further past my inital banning, that I highly doubt any tier 1 or tier 2 rep will give me the time or even fully comprehend the (what I like to think) uniqueness of my case. A shame, really.

I had a good deal of GS credit, and purchased a new Xbox over Black Friday - yeah, yeah, I know... I'm weak and shouldn't have bought it. But I want to play your game, Stinkles! I want to play your game! ... That said, I'll definitely be buying used titles from now on; and you can sure as heck bet I won't be buying any digital games ;p With that said, my end point is that I'd really just like to get my GamerTag name back. If I lose my Gamerscore or friends list or whatever... I can deal. If I can just get my name back, I'd at least have a smile; for what it's worth.

... And for what it's worth, to think that MS thinks I stole my copy... I've been with the series since it released :(

8211499189_796d1237b7_z.jpg

my god if this is how MS and 343 are gonna treat a loyal customer I'm glad I haven't given them my money yet for Halo 4 and I'll be cancelling my XBL when my sub runs out in a couple months. awful.

_woLf

This is fucked up.

GAF Force, assemble. This needs to be fixed.

Frankie, stop being a douche and live up to your word.

Rubius

Damn you got banned for that?
I got my Vita 2 weeks before the official launch (Thanks Amazon.ca) and I played it without problems. The guys at EbGames were like "Dood, where did you get this?! You should not play it until its release, you will get banned!" Was kinda glad that I could buy Uncharted and a 4gb card that day. They were more jelly than the total amount of porings in Ragnarok Online.

Hope you get your stuff back. But yeah, next time, dont buy Halo 5 until release date :s

Yagharek

Disgusting "customer service".

I'd say its safe to assume after three weeks with no help they have forgotten about you and won't do anything now. But hopefully that's not the case.

Oh so this is that thread where all the corporate defenders were out in full force saying that MS was going to fix it and the OP would be fine. So much for that.

Quite a few people snapped at me for harping on about how fucked up this was and here we are.

Ban Puncher

It's funny how situations like this, DRM and other forms of security put in place to deter hackers and pirates seem to only affect legitimate customers.

Well, not 'ha-ha' funny. More 'holy shitballs what a complete cluster-fuck of gargantuan proportions' funny.

If someone who made a relatively high profile GAF thread about this is having trouble being reinstated, then there's no hope for a casual gamer who has to deal with this.

Oh so this is that thread where all the corporate defenders were out in full force saying that MS was going to fix it and the OP would be fine. So much for that.

Quite a few people snapped at me for harping on about how fucked up this was and here we are.

Stinkles said it was going to be taken care of, not our fault he turned out to be full of shit

Jack_AG

Banned
It's funny how situations like this, DRM and other forms of security put in place to deter hackers and pirates seem to only affect legitimate customers.

Well, not 'ha-ha' funny. More 'holy shitballs what a complete cluster-fuck of gargantuan proportions' funny.
Corporations don't give a shit about the consumer. They care about your money and that's pretty much it. They control the content you purchase and can pull the plug for whatever reason they wish. It's a damn shame gaming has come to this.

I hope the industry nukes itself into oblivion with actions like this - even then the corporate cocksuckers will still ask "what went wrong?"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's fucking pathetic that you had to go buy another Xbox just to play your legit, legal game. Has Stinkles been back here to answer to this?

No, he hasn't posted in this thread in a month, but he's been actively browsing (and posting on) GAF:

(Three hours ago.)

If he has no news to offer, even if it's just something to the effect of, "I've done what I can", I'd imagine it's not a tall order that he take a minute out of his day to tell the OP as much. The fact he's been actively posting means he's also been knowingly ignoring the OP's PMs.

No, he hasn't posted in this thread in a month, but he's been actively browsing (and posting on) GAF:

(Three hours ago.)

Even if he has no news to offer, I'd imagine it's not a tall order that he take a minute out of his day to tell the OP as much. The fact he's been actively posting means he's also been knowingly ignoring the OP's PMs.

That's all sorts of fucked up. Granted I don't want to call him out but he shouldn't have stepped up so assuredly if he wasn't going to be able to do anything.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I feel sorry for the OP, but can't help but lol at people quitting Xbox because of this, considering all the other shit that has happened this gen.

If someone who made a relatively high profile GAF thread about this is having trouble being reinstated, then there's no hope for a casual gamer who has to deal with this.

I was just thinking the same thing. Really is a messed up situation.

I feel sorry for the OP, but can't help but lol at people quitting Xbox because of this, considering all the other shit that has happened this gen.

You don't think losing games, points, profile etc warrants quitting. I know I would.

FINALBOSS

Banned
I loved how all the MS and 360 defenders came out mid-way through the thread saying how Stinkles said it'd be fixed and Skellington was in the wrong (or knew better).

Fucking pathetic, lol.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm pretty sure Stinkles has solved issues like this before on the forums, so I don't know why this is apparently taking so long. I hope that you get your account unbanned though, OP. Not just your name, but your whole account. That's so stupid that this happened when you bought the game legitimately.

That is fucked up that you had to buy a new 360. I would have been done with MS and never looked back. I hope you filed a complaint with the better business bureau.

I had a good deal of GS credit, and purchased a new Xbox over Black Friday - yeah, yeah, I know... I'm weak and shouldn't have bought it. But I want to play your game, Stinkles! I want to play your game! ...

I'm angry for you, but I can't say I'm angry at you. I know I sure as hell wouldn't have bought another 360 in this case, but you better get some super premium Elite Halo 4 Xbox out of all this, and a fat ass XBL pts card.

Ban Puncher

I'm angry for you, but I can't say I'm angry at you. I know I sure as hell wouldn't have bought another 360 in this case, but you better get some super premium Elite Halo 4 Xbox out of all this, and a fat ass XBL pts card.

Let's start with something simple.

Like an apology from Microsoft customer service for being fuck-backwards useless.

Aspiring

Isn't there some sort of legal shit that one could do as this is all kinda of fucked up, and the fact that Microsoft could get away with it is a joke. There has to be something!

Isn't there some sort of legal shit that one could do as this is all kinda of fucked up, and the fact that Microsoft could get away with it is a joke. There has to be something!
Nope, the EULA basically says they can remotely nuke your console and you'll take it and like it.

Rubius

He bought a game before the release date. He didnt get a receipt. The reseller broke his contract with Microsoft and Microsoft have the right to do it. Its in the Terms of Service. I do agree that its bad, and that he should get its stuff back, but Microsoft is in his rights.

Aspiring

Nope, the EULA basically says they can remotely nuke your console and you'll take it and like it.

Really? Even if you can prove without doubt that it was a legitimate copy and you did nothing wrong?

Man that is pathetic. But at the same time I see the OP went and bought another. Why?

He bought a game before the release date. He didnt get a receipt. The reseller broke his contract with Microsoft and Microsoft have the right to do it. Its in the Terms of Service. I do agree that its bad, and that he should get its stuff back, but Microsoft is in his rights.

Wow. Just wow. MS you are a joke.

Top Bottom