• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Smith's Masters of the Universe: Revelation trailer

Shouta

Just finished watching it. It's quite good. animation, story, and characters were a lot better than I was expecting and it flows really well. I really liked that all of the side characters got a lot of time to shine and the world building was really enjoyable. It really took a lot of what I was interested in the original He-man series but didn't really get much of. The new lore was great too. Getting to see the other champions and Grayskull himself was awesome. I really liked Orko and Evil-Lyn in this a lot. They did really well with those characters.

I have a couple of complaints. Sarah Michelle Gellar is really miscast as Teela. Her voice clashes with the look and attitude of the character in this version. The writing also comes off as a little clumsy in parts, partially because of the length of this Part 1 and just general missteps. Teela is way too prickly for the character's story in this. They needed to mix a bit more regret, sadness, etc to go with the anger. Some of the other characters needed more time to breath for their story parts too. I guess they also felt that most folks that are looking at this are coming from the original series so they know what's up. The puns in the dialogue gave it a bit too much of the 80s show feel, I could have done without it personally as well.

With what happens in Episode 5, I'm pretty excited to see what happens in Part 2 of the season. As it is right now. I'd say this is like an 8/10 or so.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Seems hit and miss.

My main concern whether if its worth watching is what I read months ago I think where the show is more about Teela than He Man???

Is this true?

If so I'll pass.

kunonabi

This is such a punchable moment in the show and demonstrates how completely unlike the characters these portrayals are right up there with Randor moving from concerned father to abusive asshat.

When people say they like the show and that it is true to their childhood, I can only imagine it’s because the show reinvents the story to cater to broken people and their nihilistic outlook on life.

The original show is something you could hand children today and understand that it reflects positive relationships and advocates good over evil. These modern takes all seem focussed on dysfunctional relationships to the point where you would hope no girl ever grows up to be a Teela or Princess of Power.

Yep, one of my favorite moments is when the queen hints to Adam that she knows his secret. It's so well done and Adam struggles with it keeping it from his parents so much that it really lands and does so much for both him and audience.

The show is just littered with great moments that can speak to people universally. Take for example when He-Man gets a glimpse of Earth from space and expresses how he would like to visit someday to see his mother's homeland. This is a dude with all the power and admiration he could ever want and he just wants to know more about where he came from. It's similar to Superman sure but it's just as engaging and effective regardless.

Shouta

Seems hit and miss.

My main concern whether if its worth watching is what I read months ago I think where the show is more about Teela than He Man???

Is this true?

If so I'll pass.

Teela is the main driver of the story. She's the one moving it forward in Part 1 but He-man is still surprisingly at the center of it, particularly because of his position in the story/lore and what he means as to Teela. If you're looking for a story where he's the protagonist through and through, Part 1 might not be your thing for now though. I'm kind of interested in whether Part 2 will stay like this or not considering what happened in Part 1.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Its true.
Teela is the main driver of the story. She's the one moving it forward in Part 1 but He-man is still surprisingly at the center of it, particularly because of his position in the story/lore and what he means as to Teela. If you're looking for a story where he's the protagonist through and through, Part 1 might not be your thing for now though. I'm kind of interested in whether Part 2 will stay like this or not considering what happened in Part 1.
Thanks guys. Gonna pass.

Maybe if future seasons have He Man as the main character I'll watch it knowing the Teela parts will pass.

Dev1lXYZ

This is such a punchable moment in the show and demonstrates how completely unlike the characters these portrayals are right up there with Randor moving from concerned father to abusive asshat.

When people say they like the show and that it is true to their childhood, I can only imagine it’s because the show reinvents the story to cater to broken people and their nihilistic outlook on life.

The original show is something you could hand children today and understand that it reflects positive relationships and advocates good over evil. These modern takes all seem focussed on dysfunctional relationships to the point where you would hope no girl ever grows up to be a Teela or Princess of Power.

I can’t comment on YOUR childhood, but MINE was a far cry from perfect. It was fraught with all kinds of things like alcoholics and mental abuse at home. Not to mention the troubles at school from being shy and slightly overweight. MOTU back then didn’t reflect the life that I was experiencing at the time, because the villains were goofy and the heroes were perfectly moral upstanding citizens. I don’t recall any hero losing their temper or making brash decisions that got them through their problems at the time, but later came back to haunt them. It never addressed the BIG issues like DIVORCE, which was a very big deal at the time. It may have touched on it at the end of an episode, but I don’t recall it ever doing that. What about DEATH? Never addressed that either. The current show has things like anger issues and being an outcast, or making a big choice to be one-and then coming back all the better for it. These issues are still relevant today, more than ever. It’s made for today’s audiences, for better or worse. It is what it is and I understand why a lot of people don’t like the first half of the whole. It’s got to put the heroes in crisis to later build themselves up for a resolution…..it’s basic storytelling. Putting labels like ‘nihilistic’ on how people like a storyline of a damn cartoon reflects on your own outlook on life and that maybe you need to grow a little bit on the front of judging others by their opinions.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Just finished watching it. It's quite good. animation, story, and characters were a lot better than I was expecting and it flows really well. I really liked that all of the side characters got a lot of time to shine and the world building was really enjoyable. It really took a lot of what I was interested in the original He-man series but didn't really get much of. The new lore was great too. Getting to see the other champions and Grayskull himself was awesome. I really liked Orko and Evil-Lyn in this a lot. They did really well with those characters.

I have a couple of complaints. Sarah Michelle Gellar is really miscast as Teela. Her voice clashes with the look and attitude of the character in this version. The writing also comes off as a little clumsy in parts, partially because of the length of this Part 1 and just general missteps. Teela is way too prickly for the character's story in this. They needed to mix a bit more regret, sadness, etc to go with the anger. Some of the other characters needed more time to breath for their story parts too. I guess they also felt that most folks that are looking at this are coming from the original series so they know what's up. The puns in the dialogue gave it a bit too much of the 80s show feel, I could have done without it personally as well.

With what happens in Episode 5, I'm pretty excited to see what happens in Part 2 of the season. As it is right now. I'd say this is like an 8/10 or so.

I agree with all of this. When Andra says "no glove, no love" I wanted roll my eyes ... But kinda smirked at it because little kids won't get it.

That said... I don't see the queer baiting that Grace Randolph was talking about. Nothing about Teela or Adam looks gay. At least not in their actions.

If anything, Teela and Adam look like they're in love but don't know how to say it... Teela is too angry to try communication. Every time she starts smiling, she goes back to being angry because everyone kept her in the dark...

I just want He Who Remains to come over from Loki and tell her to grow up!

But it's as much Adam's story as it is Teela's because of how important he is (or is to be) in the end.

I'm looking forward to how part 2 will go.

Shouta

I agree with all of this. When Andra says "no glove, no love" I wanted roll my eyes ... But kinda smirked at it because little kids won't get it.

That said... I don't see the queer baiting that Grace Randolph was talking about. Nothing about Teela or Adam looks gay. At least not in their actions.

If anything, Teela and Adam look like they're in love but don't know how to say it... Teela is too angry to try communication. Every time she starts smiling, she goes back to being angry because everyone kept her in the dark...

I just want He Who Remains to come over from Loki and tell her to grow up!

But it's as much Adam's story as it is Teela's because of how important he is (or is to be) in the end.

I'm looking forward to how part 2 will go.

There was a little bit of baiting in episode 2 with Teela and Andra but it also might be my brain playing tricks on me. Adam, later on, actually says the exact same thing Teela does in this scene though. There's a much clearer line about Adam and Teela later on though when Evil-Lyn and Teela are talking about it and Teela mentions why she followed Skeletor for so long. Lyn retorts with "I'm not the only one holding a torch" to Teela, probably in regards to Adam/He-man.

I mean, Teela's spiel is centered around Adam with a bit about her true identity bubbling up.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
There was a little bit of baiting in episode 2 with Teela and Andra but it also might be my brain playing tricks on me. Adam, later on, actually says the exact same thing Teela does in this scene though. There's a much clearer line about Adam and Teela later on though when Evil-Lyn and Teela are talking about it and Teela mentions why she followed Skeletor for so long. Lyn retorts with "I'm not the only one holding a torch" to Teela, probably in regards to Adam/He-man.

I mean, Teela's spiel is centered around Adam with a bit about her true identity bubbling up.

Right.

And she still doesn't know that she's the daughter of The Sorceress (well known secret since the original toon).

CGiRanger

Banned

Exactly, which is pretty much the worst aspects of todays "Modern Media", which promotes nihilism and depressive outlooks on society and life. Just look at the modern Star Wars, Star Trek and such, and it's all coming from the same place. Media does not promote positive relationships anymore. As exemplified here, the relationships are all one-sided, meaningless and shallow. Teela threw away everything out of spite and pissed on the grave of someone she supposedly respected.

longdi

Banned
Have not watched og he-man or She-Ra, but the episodes linked here, seems good wholesome writing, thought they were to sell toys :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Have not watched this new one, just in for the drama. And it sounds to me, the issue is Kevin smith is outta his depth trying to put out a 'modern media'.

From his clumsy lying, to clumsy writing, to clumsy ways to take he-man out of action, and start teela journey, down to the use of stereotype 'strong woman' design...argh i hate using stereotype to combat stereotype 🤷‍♀️

Im sure he-man fans would be happy to have the supporting casts have more showtime, but seems this is made in an offensive manner, can't wait to see screenrant and honest trailer takes

This is ghostbuster 2016 again, clumsy show but allowed a pass because it tries to be inclusive?

Last edited:

Shouta

Right.

And she still doesn't know that she's the daughter of The Sorceress (well known secret since the original toon).

Yeah, I actually liked that part of her inner conflict is that she has this feeling she's meant to do something great but doesn't want to embrace it. That makes her relationship with Adam a little bit more interesting, at least to me, because he's technically a more ordinary person but embraced being a hero.

kunonabi

Yeah, I actually liked that part of her inner conflict is that she has this feeling she's meant to do something great but doesn't want to embrace it. That makes her relationship with Adam a little bit more interesting, at least to me, because he's technically a more ordinary person but embraced being a hero.
In the old show she had insecurities and took personal failures really hard but her being afraid of greatness is nonsensical. It was what she always striving for in her work and as a daughter sometimes to a fault.

Shouta

In the old show she had insecurities and took personal failures really hard but her being afraid of greatness is nonsensical. It was what she always striving for in her work and as a daughter sometimes to a fault.

It's part of a specific sequence in one of the episodes in this show that it comes up but it's hard to say what it really means without more content. She follows it up by pointing out that it's because she really doesn't understand it though so I think it's pointing more to the fact she might be afraid of the unknown possibilities of magic and her actual lineage. A lot of folks try to tell her of that in this series and she kind of shuts them out so I'm thinking she's afraid of potentially embracing that. She also displays what looks to be a generic magic power for a second after this conversation.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Three episodes in, it COULD be better, it has mad pacing issues amongst other things but it's not absymal. Anyone saying it has bad animation though is fucking crazy. It's not quite up to my standards but it has a few cuts that are good especially in action scenes. I was unimpressed with Castlevania and like the style of this show a lot more.

sol_bad

One aspect I like was the world and lore building. It feels more fleshed out here but to be honest I can't remember anything about lore from the original show.

Regarding Teela and her being too angry, I don't know. I know what it feels like to lose someone when they die, not cool. I also know what it feels like to have a close friend lie and betray you, not cool. What I don't understand is what it would feel like to lose a close friend and found out that they were lying about one of the most important things in their life for 10+ years.
I can imagine that she would be going through 5 different emotions and that wouldn't be easy to cope with.

Someone linked the 2002 show in here and I watched 1 random episode and flicked through a few others. Naratively it's something I just couldn't get in to. It's too similar to the 80s show and there is no way I could sit through that anymore either. Same goes for GI Joe and Transformers. They're all just "conquer evil scheme of the week" type shows.

*EDIT*
Smith is live now if anyone cares.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
One aspect I like was the world and lore building. It feels more fleshed out here but to be honest I can't remember anything about lore from the original show.

Regarding Teela and her being too angry, I don't know. I know what it feels like to lose someone when they die, not cool. I also know what it feels like to have a close friend lie and betray you, not cool. What I don't understand is what it would feel like to lose a close friend and found out that they were lying about one of the most important things in their life for 10+ years.
I can imagine that she would be going through 5 different emotions and that wouldn't be easy to cope with.

Someone linked the 2002 show in here and I watched 1 random episode and flicked through a few others. Naratively it's something I just couldn't get in to. It's too similar to the 80s show and there is no way I could sit through that anymore either. Same goes for GI Joe and Transformers. They're all just "conquer evil scheme of the week" type shows.

*EDIT*
Smith is live now if anyone cares.

Watching it now.

On Teela... I think she could have been a bit more empathetic towards Queen Marlena... She lost her son. But her hatred of magic is gonna bite her in the butt when she finds out who her mom is.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Another point related to what I said about Grace Randolph...

Why is it when 2 women or 2 men are close friends that some folks see that as gay or lesbian leanings? I see close friends and it's completely platonic. There's such a thing and strong love between friends that borders on familial.

Dacon

Banned
Another point related to what I said about Grace Randolph...

Why is it when 2 women or 2 men are close friends that some folks see that as gay or lesbian leanings? I see close friends and it's completely platonic. There's such a thing and strong love between friends that borders on familial.

Yes I often embrace my male friends and look deeply into their eyes.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Yes I often embrace my male friends and look deeply into their eyes.

Do you hug your male friends? Do you talk with them about personal stuff you can't talk about with anyone else unless they're a therapist?

And Teela and Andra don't look deeply into each other's eyes.

Dacon

Banned
Do you hug your male friends? Do you talk with them about personal stuff you can't talk about with anyone else unless they're a therapist?

And Teela and Andra don't look deeply into each other's eyes.

Lmfao I watched it dude, it's there.

E7GRlOxXMAAj0N4

Some solace for the people who don't find this shit sandwich appetizing.

This is just fan fiction, don't bother with it anymore.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
For those who are passing on the show because of the posts saying the show isn't good or whatnot... It's actually a pretty good show. It's not disrespectful to the lore... It goes deeper into it. To Grayskull, to Preternia, Subternia, Eternia AND it's peoples...

Teela is annoying but everyone else makes up for her attitude. There's a Gandalf moment that is pretty cool... Pretty emotional... It CAN be better (the show) but I liked it!

Flutta

Banned
This show is WOKE as f+***k. If you into that sort of thing go watch it, if not dont bother. Waste of time. Kevin Smith is just another sellout to add to the list.

The Skull

I dunno man......She literally has a go at prince adam for sacrificing his life, because she wanted to scream at him for keeping a secret. Self involved narcissist

Papacheeks

Banned
just finished it, there's things to like, and this is coming from a guy who watched the original show and owns the 2002 reboot series which I think first 2 seasons are great season 3 was kind of a wash because people left.

But the art is amazing, Evil-lyn is amazing, beastman is great, Orkos is great, man in arms great. But not enough of them and the focus on teela's being pissy along with her bullshit design tells me where they are headed.

I swear if they are setting her up to be the new Champion of Gray skull and not the next Sorcress of Grayskull which is what she is born from makes me think Kevin smith was high when he came up with this.

If it's a situation of The series being split hurts the flow of where they are going then Im willing to give them benefit of the doubt. But you would have to be tone deaf to not understand masters of the universe is beloved and has not seen the light since 2002. WHich did the lore and property justice to a point if not retread a tone of stuff from the 80's show.

But to say Teela was always destined to be the new heman or champion is really reaching. So many hints in original show hinted to Teela's mom being Sorcress or that she is to become the new emodiment of grayskull magic. There is always suppose to be a protector of eternia, and a champion of protects the magic. I'm all for He-man being the champion and teela becoming the entity of grayskull.

But the way they make her basically gay, and shove out he-man for her whole story? She had dedicated episodes in the 80's and in 2002 series was the better student of man-in arms. So where is prince adams role in all of this as they move forward?

I dont know how to feel to be honest. But at this point the plus is all side characters get fleshed out decently more lore is explored. That stuff is awesome. But to kill off characters just to focus on a new character who is uninteresting, and make teela look like a Dyke He-man is really something I have issue with.
It's just so over done now on female designs in games, other animated shows i hate it. Feels lazy.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
just finished it, there's things to like, and this is coming from a guy who watched the original show and owns the 2002 reboot series which I think first 2 seasons are great season 3 was kind of a wash because people left.

But the art is amazing, Evil-lyn is amazing, beastman is great, Orkos is great, man in arms great. But not enough of them and the focus on teela's being pissy along with her bullshit design tells me where they are headed.

I swear if they are setting her up to be the new Champion of Gray skull and not the next Sorcress of Grayskull which is what she is born from makes me think Kevin smith was high when he came up with this.

If it's a situation of The series being split hurts the flow of where they are going then Im willing to give them benefit of the doubt. But you would have to be tone deaf to not understand masters of the universe is beloved and has not seen the light since 2002. WHich did the lore and property justice to a point if not retread a tone of stuff from the 80's show.

But to say Teela was always destined to be the new heman or champion is really reaching. So many hints in original show hinted to Teela's mom being Sorcress or that she is to become the new emodiment of grayskull magic. There is always suppose to be a protector of eternia, and a champion of protects the magic. I'm all for He-man being the champion and teela becoming the entity of grayskull.

But the way they make her basically gay, and shove out he-man for her whole story? She had dedicated episodes in the 80's and in 2002 series was the better student of man-in arms. So where is prince adams role in all of this as they move forward?

I dont know how to feel to be honest. But at this point the plus is all side characters get fleshed out decently more lore is explored. That stuff is awesome. But to kill off characters just to focus on a new character who is uninteresting, and make teela look like a Dyke He-man is really something I have issue with.
It's just so over done now on female designs in games, other animated shows i hate it. Feels lazy.

A few points:

• Orko isn't dead or will be back
    [*]Teela isn't going to wield the sword of power
    [*]Adam isn't dead, just injured
    [*]Teela also isn't gay... Evil-Lyn even hinted at Teela carrying a torch for Adam ... And Andra NOR Teela correct Lyn when she's talking about pining over men... Neither say anything about being lovers because they aren't.

sol_bad

I dunno man......She literally has a go at prince adam for sacrificing his life, because she wanted to scream at him for keeping a secret. Self involved narcissist

How is that being a narcissist? She doesn't feel important and she wanted nothing to do with their journey initially.

And when people get lied to by close friends they get angry. Teela didn't get a chance to process that anger towards Adam because he died. Of course those emotions can or will return when she sees him again.

Papacheeks Papacheeks
I think they are setting Teela up to be the new Sorceress. It's obvious with her hating magic so much

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
For those who are passing on the show because of the posts saying the show isn't good or whatnot... It's actually a pretty good show. It's not disrespectful to the lore... It goes deeper into it. To Grayskull, to Preternia, Subternia, Eternia AND it's peoples...

Teela is annoying but everyone else makes up for her attitude. There's a Gandalf moment that is pretty cool... Pretty emotional... It CAN be better (the show) but I liked it!

I greatly disagree.

The show is a giant waste of 2.5 hours that can be reduced to asking whether people enjoyed The Last Jedi or Ghostbusters 2016. If they did, then by all means watch it. Anyone who values their time should avoid it and go watch the original, the 2003 series or even watch the Dolph Lundgren movie for kicks as a better time-value commitment.

I had to rewatch some old He-Man episodes since and found they still managed to exceed anything this show could provide. This is certainly not a counterpart to the new She-Ra, which despite some issues was still entertaining, watchable and never made me regret my time. The fact that the trailer and poster itself was dishonest says a lot about trying to mislead people into watching.

I'm not sure why you want to lie to people about it being disrespectful to the original show because it most certainly is. It's like making a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles show about a bald, angry April O'Neill who fills in as a mercenary ninja after the turtles go missing alongside Shredder while saving the world. To make it more relatable and mature, the show will also delve deeply into Splinter as an abusive father figure and relate to April's own issues of abandonment by the turtles. Don't worry though, it doesn't disrespect the lore even though major characters act nothing like the original this is a spiritual successor to.

sol_bad

LOL
In this live stream Kevin points out that all the review bombing is a good thing. Yes there are 10k negative reviews but Netflix has over 200 million subscribers. So the negative reviews are just a drop in an ocean.

Dacon

Banned
Some of you are, at some point, going to have to articulate your complaints beyond URRGH ITS WOKE. I mean I've one watched one episode so what do I know, but put some more effort into your criticism.
If you read the thread and watched any of the videos you'd know exactly what people's criticisms are.
And I don't give a shit about these characters or the lore, they were fucking toys I played with when I was ten, so there's that. I'm open to whatever they want to do as long as its entertaining. Some of you getting bent over fucking HE MAN is pretty funny. This was always a garbage IP.

If you don't give a shit about the characters or lore, what exactly is your investment in people opinions regarding this franchise?

Why is it important for you to come here and demean those who are fans of this series and characters? Garbage IP? That's your opinion dude, if you can't understand how people who grew up with this IP and love this world and characters, what are you doing here judging them for it?

"Hurr durr He-man is dumb and you're stupid for caring about this series" is as asinine and pointless a criticism as just dismissing something for being "woke". Your opinions are no more valid than anyone else's, regardless of the subject matter.

I greatly disagree.

The show is a giant waste of 2.5 hours that can be reduced to asking whether people enjoyed The Last Jedi or Ghostbusters 2016. If they did, then by all means watch it. Anyone who values their time should avoid it and go watch the original, the 2003 series or even watch the Dolph Lundgren movie for kicks as a better time-value commitment.

I had to rewatch some old He-Man episodes since and found they still managed to exceed anything this show could provide. This is certainly not a counterpart to the new She-Ra, which despite some issues was still entertaining, watchable and never made me regret my time. The fact that the trailer and poster itself was dishonest says a lot about trying to mislead people into watching.

I'm not sure why you want to lie to people about it being disrespectful to the original show because it most certainly is. It's like making a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles show about a bald, angry April O'Neill who fills in as a mercenary ninja after the turtles go missing alongside Shredder while saving the world. To make it more relatable and mature, the show will also delve deeply into Splinter as an abusive father figure and relate to April's own issues of abandonment by the turtles. Don't worry though, it doesn't disrespect the lore even though major characters act nothing like the original this is a spiritual successor to.

Even if people didn't like She-Ra, you can respect them for doing their own thing and being honest about what it was. Not lying constantly in marketing and media interviews. She-Ra didn't pretend to be the original.

Last edited:

Doczu

LOL
In this live stream Kevin points out that all the review bombing is a good thing. Yes there are 10k negative reviews but Netflix has over 200 million subscribers. So the negative reviews are just a drop in an ocean.
So what if there are 200 million subscribers? There could be a billion of them - nit every subscriber will watch the show.

10k negative reviews in 2 days is bad, specially for a niche 80s cartoon re-boot. They angered the audience, like they always do, and it's the next "season" that will matter as fed up watchers won't give it another chance. Less vieuws guaranteed

nush

Gold Member
LOL

I hope he also enjoys this review bomb as much then.
KnBmbjX.png

Typically his stream has sub 100 dislikes. And he turned off the chat.

Last edited:

sol_bad

I hope he also enjoys this review bomb as much then.
KnBmbjX.png

Typically his stream has sub 100 dislikes. And he turned off the chat.

Review bombing doesn't mean anything.
Especially when every time it happens it's crying over female characters.

One of the weird things for me is that the people who are complaining about what happens at the end of episode 5 are probably the same people that complain about the MCU not having any stakes. People want there to be stakes for main characters and here is a show that does it, then people complain about the show cutting down He-Man.
How do you win with this stupid logic? Do we want stakes or not?

Mossybrew

If you read the thread and watched any of the videos you'd know exactly what people's criticisms are.

If you don't give a shit about the characters or lore, what exactly is your investment in people opinions regarding this franchise?

Why is it important for you to come here and demean those who are fans of this series and characters? Garbage IP? That's your opinion dude, if you can't understand how people who grew up with this IP and love this world and characters, what are you doing here judging them for it?

Yup I'm judging, that anyone that takes He-Man this fucking seriously is a turbo-nerd the likes of which I want nothing to do with. I also "grew up" with this stuff and can recognize that it is corporate garbage. Get a life.

Moving on, the second episode was entertaining. I dig narratives that have the "good guys" forced to work with the "bad guys" so this seems promising.

Dacon

Banned
Yup I'm judging, that anyone that takes He-Man this fucking seriously is a turbo-nerd the likes of which I want nothing to do with.

"Turbo nerd" sir you are on a fucking videogame forum.

I also "grew up" with this stuff and can recognize that it is corporate garbage.

Regardless of the reason something is made, those who have invested their time, care and creativity in it most certainly imbued it with a life of it's own, which is something easily recognized by many people.

Get a life.

Ah yes caring about He-Man precludes one from having a life. One cannot simultaneously care about media and live in the world.

I hope one day you realize how fucking stupid a statement this is.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

I hope one day you realize how fucking stupid a statement this is.

I will freely admit I judge people based on their media choices and level of dedication to said choices. Call it a personality flaw.

As an aside, if you are craving that OP masculine hero experience that isn't complete trash, I would suggest Robert E Howard's original Conan stories, or his modern equivalent, Lee Child's Jack Reacher books.

Dacon

Banned
I will freely admit I judge people based on their media choices and level of dedication to said choices. Call it a personality flaw.

Well, fair enough.

As an aside, if you are craving that OP masculine hero experience that isn't complete trash, I would suggest Robert E Howard's original Conan stories, or his modern equivalent, Lee Child's Jack Reacher books.

Well, common ground. I 100 percent agree with this statement. OG Conan stories are the best, and Jack Reacher is pretty decent.

It's pretty funny when you compare Jack in the books to the one in the movies.

oagboghi2

As Dacon previously stated, you’re on a video game forum.

Review bombing doesn't mean anything.
Especially when every time it happens it's crying over female characters.

One of the weird things for me is that the people who are complaining about what happens at the end of episode 5 are probably the same people that complain about the MCU not having any stakes. People want there to be stakes for main characters and here is a show that does it, then people complain about the show cutting down He-Man.
How do you win with this stupid logic? Do we want stakes or not?
Can you ever not defend a bad show or film by being as disingenuous as fuck? What the fuck does the MCU have to do with this?

Unbelievable 🤣

Last edited:
Top Bottom