• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Whale attacks Seaworld trainer.. Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tritroid

Damn, he's lucky he didn't start using his jaws.

And wow, talk about incompetant help. They just stand there and watch. Throw a fricking life ring out there or something morons.

darscot

Attacked my ass. One of the worlds largest and most impressive predators played with a guy for a couple of minutes. He never attacked him. If he did buddy would be dead. Just like two guys rough housing, nothing more.

darscot said:
Attacked my ass. One of the worlds largest and most impressive predators played with a guy for a couple of minutes. He never attacked him. If he did buddy would be dead. Just like two guys rough housing, nothing more.

yup

DCX

DCX
Read the story..the whale just wanted a piece of ass...we all have acted like that if we aint getting no action :)

DCX

Doth Togo

They're beautiful creatures. I can see the trainer/staff nervously watching the actions of the whale, but if the whale was really that mad, that tank would be red.

jenov4

Free Willy goes wild!

From Wikipedia:

Orca have a complex system of social grouping. The most basic unit is the matriline. A matriline consists of a single female Orca (the matriarch) and her descendants. The sons and daughters of the matriarch form part of the line as do the sons and daughters of those daughters (the sons and daughters of the sons join the matriline of their mates) and so on down the family tree. Because females can live for up to ninety years, it is not uncommon for four or even five generations of whale living in the same line.

Such amazing creatures.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I love that the audience applauds at the end of the video, when the whale could still potentially be spooked by loud noise.

I love how nobody gives a fuck about him then they clap. He looks like a pro, he probably kicked all the trainers asses afterwards in utter disgust for their retardness

DCX

DCX
Goreomedy said:
I love that the audience applauds at the end of the video, when the whale could still potentially be spooked by loud noise.
That's what i was thinking :)

DCX

bune duggy said:
what the hell does that mean?

An ad hominem is one of the major fallacies in a debate. It means "against the person", aka a personal attack. If one of you major arguments in a debate is that your oppenent is a dooche, its not gonna fly well no matter how true it is.

EdLuva

Yeah the whale is definitely not attacking. If it was, it would've been lunchtime, and the video would be much shorter.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
ConfusingJazz said:
An ad hominem is one of the major fallacies in a debate. It means "against the person", aka a personal attack. If one of you major arguments in a debate is that your oppenent is a dooche, its not gonna fly well no matter how true it is.
To be more clear, it's an attack against the person making the claim instead of the claim itself.

MIMIC

Banned
I saw that video on the 7 o'clock news a few minutes ago. I think the whale was just playing rough, because if it was an "attack," that tank would have been filled with blood.

Willco

Hollywood Square
These responses are great because THEY ARE ALL THE SAME.

THIS IS NO ATTACK OR THE MAN WOULD BE DEAD WITH A TANK FULL OF BLOOD LOL AM I RITE?

Tenguman

yeah it's the big news here in san antonio (where it took place)

the guy did the right thing though, in fact sea world is going to use it as a training video as to what do in a situation like that.

Tenguman said:
yeah it's the big news here in san antonio (where it took place)

the guy did the right thing though, in fact sea world is going to use it as a training video as to what do in a situation like that.

You live in SA, too? Anyway, I don't see the big deal. Whale was just having some damn fun, never actually attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom