• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Productions announces colaboration with Xbox Game Studios

Droxcy

Nothing but love for Kojima.

I could see a death stranding multiplayer type horror game kinda like Dark Souls where players leave behind clues or tips or can help in boss fights or throughout the game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
123lmj89.png

Good luck fulfilling his bills to the end. Let's talk when it's out. Kojima is great, but he's extremely demanding financially.

Bo, if any company will be happy to foot the bill, it's the one that spent $70 bn on an acquisition not too long ago lol.

kyoji

kojima have to test the dating scene just like insomniac after going steady for a long while. once he figures it out sony will buy him out after this project, just like insomniac had to learn lol

Robb

Gold Member
Meh, not a fan of Kojima’s games. But I guess it’s good that MS is trying to get some more Japanese support.

FunkMiller

So, if you believe the Overdose leak… he’s obviously working on that first, before this, I guess?

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Don't be so salty lol, we can talk about a Death Stranding 2 when it gets officially announced, this ain't the venue.

You were there with the notables dogpiling Grubb since last year over this partnership. Take a breather now.
So Sony's Kojima game cannot be discussed because it hasn't been announced yet? Cooll.

So which Xbox game Kojima announced? Can you please share the name of the game you're discussing here? 😛

hemo memo

Gold Member
"It's a completely new game one that no one has ever experienced or seen before. I've waited very long for the day when I could finally start to create it." - Hideo Kojima

If that was any other dev I would seriously laugh but Kojima might actually pull it off.

adamsapple

So Sony's Kojima game cannot be discussed because it hasn't been announced yet? Cooll.

So which Xbox game Kojima announced? Can you please share the name of the game you're discussing here? 😛

Context, how does it work :D

That was in reply to the user saying I shouldn't post in any Death Stranding 2 thread when it gets announced.

deeptech

He said in an interview recently that he is doing two projects, i wonder if this is one of them. Also what's a cloud game anyway, something only for streaming?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I adore Kojima and will no doubt be picking up a Series X to play this when it releases. At this point this game is probably 2 years away if we didn’t even get a name etc. This is a big get for MS, they must have paid a LOT of money for this. But they should have given us a teaser at least.

Elios83

Well he stated that he was doing a smaller experimental project so this is pretty much it since cloud is involved.
He also stated that he was doing a AAA game and that's pretty much confirmed to be DS2 with Sony.
Anyway the fact he had nothing to show means it's really far off.

icerock

This is going to be a few hour demo, a blank slate for an auteur to craft his experimental ideas.

Overdose is a separate project.

Riky

$MSFT
Big win for MS, but obviously we have to wait until we find out what it's all about.
Good to know they have it in the works though.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Kim Swift and Kojima working on one game add in a Microsoft blank check and the Azure network.

I have no idea what to expect.
But im all in for Kim Swift.

Well, it's Kojima, so I'm excited to see whatever it is... when it actually exists. I really hate these kinds of announcements... why even announce this if they have nothing to show for it? This would've actually been meaningful if a game had been shown. I have nothing to be excited about right now. I guess, remind me again in 3 years or whatever when there is actually something to be seen.

Bartski

Gold Member
It all comes together now, must the game he was making for Stadia.

Will they be switching engines for this? Got Decima from Sony for free to make games with

adamsapple

Jeff Grubb never miss. Platinum tier leaker.

Anyone who calls for his ban should be tarred and feathered lol.
Releasing in the next 12 months, it's just going to be a dynamic cloud with Kojima's face on it.

I doubt this is one of those 12 month things, this is probably just Phil being excited to announce the partnership officially.

Last edited:
Top Bottom