• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOTOR2 Sith Lords: New Pics from New Planets

Rhindle

Don't think these have been posted.

30.jpg

29.jpg

28.jpg

27.jpg

26.jpg

25.jpg

24.jpg

23.jpg

22.jpg

19.jpg

18.jpg

17.jpg

The official site also has a new 4:00 walkthrough video. http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
i'm not sure if it's just me, but ever since KOTOR2 was announced, the screen shots have felt awfully generic and, in a way, worse looking than the original.

Probably because there's shiny metal everywhere for teh impressive.

Doesn't matter. Chris Avellone and Feargus. Screw graphics, they could make KOTOR2 using nothing but ASCII for all I care.

davis

These actually look better than some of the E3 movies I saw. This kind of looks like an expansion pack type of game to me, wouldn't be a bad thing though.

Deku Tree

The xbox version of the first game wasn't exactly a graphical showcase.
I don't expect this one to be lauded for its graphics either,
if the story is good, the sidequests are abundant and fun
and the combat system is a little better I'll be very happy.

Pachinko

I don't care what they do to the graphics, just get rid of the slowdown. Maybe have a bit more combat in the game or something.

Not trolling or anything, but wow... This looks as bad, maybe even worse, than the first one. Just talking about visuals here. Comes out in 2005 though, so room for improvement.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
It looks exactly the same as the first one, which is no good thing, but theres no way it looks worse, like the first game, it looks fine from a distance, but not very polished or detailed when it comes to characters. If you are talking about the enviroments, then the video shows some decent weather effects and also points out that it isnt from the games story, id imagine most of the actual enviroments are still tightly under wraps at the moment.

The story is the main thing with any KOTOR game and im sure obsidian will get that right. Part of me wishes that this game were an Xbox 2 launch game in full graphical splendor though.

Insertia

Is this the Xbox version of KOTOR2?

The PC version of the original KOTOR looks far more polished. KOTOR2 has been looking really generic, based on the screens.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
29.jpg

Looks the same to me.

Edit: im not gonna spend tghe next 7 months defending this game but i will for Today, as was said in EGM it looks generic because obsidian havent added any new textures or clothes yet, not in the build they are showing anyway, thats why there are still sith troopers from the old game in the shots. The video on the site was just a presentation, not even part of the story of the final game. I wouldnt right off KOTOR at the risk of severe ownage come febuary. (if it makes that date)

davis

The main thing I would want changed is a better load/save time. I really think its possible with the HD if they work on it, also cut down on the bugs like black screen, freezes and a couple others.

AniHawk

The fact that we haven't seen any gorgeous settings (like overlooking Dantooine towards the sun, or seeing the vast ocean on Manaan), doesn't mean there'll be none. Also, since the game takes place after the Sith take over, it's probably not going to be that beautiful anyway.

Deku Tree

davis said:
The main thing I would want changed is a better load/save time.

Absolutely! I got the impression they didn't try very hard to minnimize the load times while playing the first game.

Being forced to wait through 2 load cycles between each pod race really downgraded for me what was otherwise one of the best mini-game's I've played in an RPG in a long time. I really hope they use a better system for loading and reloading during the pod races, like say asking you at the end of each race if you want to pay to try again instead of automatically reloading the world environment.

refreshZ

I'd take a decline in visuals for an greater frame rate and bigger environment with more to explore.

We're visiting PLANETS, people.

Gattsu25

Banned
Make the Planets Larger
Get Rid of the Zones
30 or 60FPS LOCKED
Better Character Creation
Dialog choices that allow for more than just total psycho or rich nun
(Better light side choices - too many revolved around just giving credits)
Better dark side choices - too many revolved around "Hey...TIME TO DIE!")

Shorter Loading
More dynamic use of force powers (thinking Jedi Knight's uses of Force Pull here)
More More More

:D

EDIT: direct link to vid can be found here

Gattsu25

Banned
Just finished watching the vid...I think the game looks better

not that good in pics, but the animation is much improved, as is the lighting. The addition of weather affects are also very nice.

Loading seems to be less problematic, and the framerate seemed smoother with few noticable chugs...but the video encoding is masking a lot.

People need to have their eyes examined. Go play the first one again and see how not-so-great the graphics were. Part 2 does look a bit better but at this point it isn't drastic (and besides they're using the same engine).

epmode

Tre said:
Doesn't matter. Chris Avellone and Feargus. Screw graphics, they could make KOTOR2 using nothing but ASCII for all I care.
pott.

this simple fact has me more interested in kotor 2 than even jade empire.

Top Bottom