• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Largest fossilized spider found!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stahsky said:
This thread put me in a crazy creatures mood and started looking for crazy videos. Watching river monsters right now and some of these fish are just nuts.

I've also need to put in some time to finish those amazing Earth DVDs I bought ages ago.

Can anyone suggest some more awesome shows on Netflix that involve animals/creatures?

Most anything narrated by David Attenborough. Also, Stephen Fry did a series called "Last Chance to See" that was about the worlds most endangered animals, and it was very interesting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1409667/

Amakusa

This was a picture I came across while searching Huntsman spiders at google. Taken 1996, its the real deal..
Biggest Huntsman spider found in a Cave, Borneo Malaysia

n5gfuu.jpg

abracadaver

meh. the fossiled spider isnt that big really
I expected it to be as big as a human

why dont scientists try to breed some really giant spiders ?

abracadaver said:
meh. the fossiled spider isnt that big really
I expected it to be as big as a human

why dont scientists try to breed some really giant spiders ?

Because while there may be people willing to do anything for the sake of human knowledge, that would teach mankind nothing but true fear, and even most supervillains know better than to spawn something they could not contain.

ferr

BoobPhysics101 said:
Used to have two of these... gorgeous spiders. It's called a Chiliean Rose Hair tarantula. They're super friendly, they'll crawl all over you and never bite. They rape the shit out of crickets, too.

4204495800_aa34dfef20.jpg
It looks like it has inverted colors.

Chao

fredrancour said:
Because while there may be people willing to do anything for the sake of human knowledge, that would teach mankind nothing but true fear, and even most supervillains know better than to spawn something they could not contain.
Yet we still have nuclear plants and bombs...

Kurtofan

Cosmic Dreams said:
Read Gaborn's OP then got the fuck out of here. :lol :lol

Another interesting read Gaborn!
Yeah it's a shame people derailed the thread with unrelated pictures of spiders.
People should do a "Scary spiders ITT" and leave other threads alone.

RevDM

Banned
Clydefrog said:
holy fucking fuck

just yesterday i was helping my friend move some stuff into storage and unknowingly put my hand right by a black widow in his storage unit about half a dozen times. thank you, mrs. spider, for not deciding to end my life!

this reminds me of a time I was at the pet store looking at the reptiles (they feed meal worms to reptiles) and I noticed a meal worm crawling on the ground. Then from underneath the reptile display a black widow comes out with the quickness, straddles the meal worm and strikes twice in its neck region. Then as the meal worm is being paralyzed the black widow dragged it into the dark abyss under the reptile display.

Also I was wearing sandals and I got the heebie jeebies

GDGF

Soothsayer
Clydefrog said:
holy fucking fuck

just yesterday i was helping my friend move some stuff into storage and unknowingly put my hand right by a black widow in his storage unit about half a dozen times. thank you, mrs. spider, for not deciding to end my life!

I knew a guy who kept one as a pet (they're all over the place here)

I don't visit that guy's house anymore.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Guys, stay the hell away from Puerto Rico, this is what I saw at the airport this morning right before I left Vieques:

WP_000204.jpg

That plane couldn't take me back home fast enough!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom