• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lashana Lynch will be ‘introduced to Bond 25 audiences as the new 007

TUROK

Your posts drip with soy.

It is what it is.
697.png

We can't all be as badass as you.

Woke undertones just because of the sentence "stay out of my lane"? Really?
You guys really do try and grasp at anything that can possibly be gasped.
It's a 2 and a half minute trailer with many many sentences spoke? But this one sentence is clinged to?

I honestly have no idea what else s meant to be woke in this trailer.

Aye mane don't interrupt my woke. I'm victiming over here.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
697.png

We can't all be as badass as you.
You are right. You are either born with it or you are not. It can’t be taught.

Nice likeness, except I am a bit slimmer and better looking. The singlet and smoke are on point, though.

Yes. When you stop carefully removing the context it's used in. Really.

The "[shrug] I don't see it, you must be wrong and this place is an echo-chamber" routine is spectacularly ineffectual.
I hope the next instalment in the "I'm right, you're wrong" franchise has some better material.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

You guys really do try and grasp at anything that can possibly be gasped.
It's a 2 and a half minute trailer with many many sentences spoke? But this one sentence is clinged to?

I honestly have no idea what else s meant to be woke in this trailer.
You go out of your way to deny the existence of any Hollywood trends. Of course you wouldn’t see it.

You live in denial to defend these movies. 🙄

"James Bond can be of any colour, but he is male," producer Barbara Broccoli told Variety.

"I believe we should be creating new characters for women - strong female characters.

"I'm not particularly interested in taking a male character and having a woman play it. I think women are far more interesting than that."

The forthcoming Bond film will see actress Lashana Lynch play a female 00 agent after Craig's Bond has left active service.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
theme song by Most Hyped Industry Plant of 2019 Billie Eilish
tbh this chick annoys the fuck out of me. just keep hearing about this rich girl over and over and her meteoric rise via whatever connections her rich Hollywood parents can muster.

ended up listening to a song of hers for the first time yesterday. realized i had heard it dozens of times already, in commercials and shit. also realized none of those times i heard it had her vocals on the track LOL

how far we have fallen

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I am getting some mixed signals here, so will she play 00 despite the producer literally saying that 00 will remain male? Or does that mean that she will be 008 or something?
I think they mean the character of James Bond in particular will always be a male, rather than the assigned 00 agent code name which in this case would be 007.

GymWolf

theme song by Most Hyped Industry Plant of 2019 Billie Eilish
tbh this chick annoys the fuck out of me. just keep hearing about this rich girl over and over and her meteoric rise via whatever connections her rich Hollywood parents can muster.

ended up listening to a song of hers for the first time yesterday. realized i had heard it dozens of times already, in commercials and shit. also realized none of those times i heard it had her vocals on the track LOL

how far we have fallen

I googled this chick and even his face is annoying as fuck, i hate that dead fish eye of hers :ROFLMAO:

This post has obese neckbeard written all over it.
It's probably true though. Non-conventional beauty types are fine, but the way people do triple backflips in certain contexts screams overcompensating. Did Thandie Newton get all of those adjectives? Because when someone's actually hot and the description goes that way, the accusation becomes the media objectifying them & focusing on their looks, diminishing them as an actor, etc.

mcz117chief

I don't her codename being 007 makes her female James Bond. The codename might be the only thing she has in common with Bond. She is a new character.
A super agent with gadgets and the codename 007 in the James Bond series? How would that make her any different from James Bond? How is that a "new character"?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
A super agent with gadgets and the codename 007 in the James Bond series? How would that make her any different from James Bond? How is that a "new character"?

Dude... Bond is in the movie! They're not having Lashana be the face of the franchise going forward. Bond will CONTINUE to be male! She's not replacing him!

WOW!

VulcanRaven

She is not the main character. Bond is. Bond is more than just the codename. It doesn't bother me if they give the codename to someone else for one movie because of story reasons. Bond is retired when the movie begins.

Last edited:
So we still get female "James Bond" in everything but name...
Not really. James Bond is James "fucking" Bond. 007 is just an identifier.

Also, I still think all of this resolves itself in the film.

This is basically an opportunity for the franchise to show it's willing to be diverse in key roles without having to give up who James Bond is. I actually think it's a good idea and can't wait for the film. It reminds me of Zendaya MJ. I'm surprised people aren't more outraged by that because the whole thing comes off as a bait and switch. They didn't have the balls to make Mary Jane a black woman but went half-assed with it and called her Michelle Jones which abbreviates to MJ. They wanted to look progressive without taking any risks. It's amazing how many bought into it. What's worse is they tried to play off a minority playing an established character as a shocking surprise with the MJ drop at the end of the film. Even though she wasn't playing that character. It's a shame really, they should have just called her Mary Jane Watson from the start of the film instead of trying to turn it into some god damn twist.

I love the Spider-Man MCU MJ but she isn't Mary Jane Watson. She literally is a different character.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
I wonder why 'strong female characters' always stand for 'a job a male is best suited for', aka strength and physic work.

If film and show makes want strong female characters, cant they just make a character that brings to the next level the things she excels at?

Now that I think of it...
Isnt this 'make a woman manly' thing a way of sexism?

Last edited:
She’s just prepping her for the next 007 movie, so the audience is not ‘too shocked’ when the time comes

Whatever it is, DO NOT support this franchise anymore, if it looks like woke, smells like woke, it is woke

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
haven't seen a Bond in a while. the new ones kind of bore me. i'll watch classic Bond anytime tho. it's still so good.

i just know that i am avoiding anything Phoebe Waller Bridges touches.

It's weird how people go on about stronk wiminz, yet actresses like Rebecca Ferguson and Halle Berry don't have their own stronk wimin franchise.

Both of those kick arse IMO, especially Berry in John Wick 3.

It's so funny to see people lose their shit over this. The fragility is fucking gold. If I was a comedian.

Btw she was looking pretty hott in the trailers though.

It's so funny to see people lose their shit over this. The fragility is fucking gold. If I was a comedian.

Btw she was looking pretty hott in the trailers though.
From a side that yelps about cultural appropriation, demands history to be changed, harasses and cancels people if they express the 'wrong' opinion - it's very telling that they also approve of taking globally recognised cultural icons that have been established for decades and deliberately try to subvert and distort them.

When sane people say "Hang on" the yelpers REEE about "fragility".

This is all emotional smokescreening. Taking from others and then pissing on them afterwards because, they argue, "its about empowerment". Yelping about "fragility" after running campaigns and calling people Nazis because they criticized a hairstyle.

The only fragility here is the platform these dishonest, bitter, duplicitous yelpers stand on.

Last edited:
As I've said, I don't have a problem with casting someone who's of color or female or whatever in the 007 role, as long as the character of James Bond is kept as he is. Heck, if they'd have turned James Bond into a codename for the 007 agent, then most of the anything with the franchise would make sense, as each Bond is a bit different and often feel like different people, outside of the obvious differences in looks. At least Doctor Who has the reincarnation as part of the plot.

As I've said, I don't have a problem with casting someone who's of color or female or whatever in the 007 role, as long as the character of James Bond is kept as he is. Heck, if they'd have turned James Bond into a codename for the 007 agent, then most of the anything with the franchise would make sense, as each Bond is a bit different and often feel like different people, outside of the obvious differences in looks. At least Doctor Who has the reincarnation as part of the plot.

It's probably not wise for anyone to have a problem with the 00 side character as positioned in this trailer. People cried because they didn't have the right information.

Top Bottom