• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lashana Lynch will be ‘introduced to Bond 25 audiences as the new 007

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Perhaps I should've elaborated. They've created a new character for the sole purpose of replacing James Bond, a character established in writing in 1953 and on film in 1962. The example you're referring to used Falcon, a black male character established in comics in 1969 and on film in 2014, five years before we was elected the new Captain America. We actually go to know Sam Wilson as his own character for five movies before Endgame, he didn't show up out of nowhere to take the crown.

Nu Bond was established in a film script in 2019 and it's no accident they're a black lady. None of this is to suggest that the film will be bad or bomb, but the track record for this kind of shoehorned diversity isn't great.

She's a whole new character. NOT Bond. Did you not see the trailers posted? Daniel Craig is front and center!

VulcanRaven

You're grossly underestimating how woke culture has spread into the masses, even my mother rolls her eyes at this shit, and she's in her 60s. Let's look at some casualties so far

Solo
Disney-Lucasfilm in general
Ghostbusters
Charlies Angels
Terminator
Men in Black 4
X-Men - Dark Pheonix
James Bond - it's fucking inevitable that this'll bomb.
Gillette
Marvel Comics
DC Comics
Battlefield V
Marie Claire

Are just a few off of the top of my head, to the tune of billions and billions of dollars

Further reading for you.

PS - I've already expressed, further up, that 007 cannot be anything but James Bond. 007 is not the character, Bond is the draw.
I don't think that is the reason of why many of those underperformed. I haven't paid attention to all of those but it definitely wasn't the reason why Solo and Terminator: Dark Fate didn't do well. People aren't interested about new Terminator movies. The sequels after T2 caused that.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

I don't think that is the reason of why many of those underperformed. I haven't paid attention to all of those but it definitely wasn't the reason why Solo and Terminator: Dark Fate didn't do well. People aren't interested about new Terminator movies. The sequels after T2 caused that.

It's 100% why Solo bombed and people would flock to the cinema to see a reboot of Terminator, where Judgement day happened and the movie is set in the first 5 minutes of T2.

Dark Fate had it's "fate" (f'narrr) sealed when the director decided to say that "this movie is going to scare the fuck out of misogynists" What it actually did is put people off going.
Ergo another get woke go broke

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

It's 100% why Solo bombed and people would flock to the cinema to see a reboot of Terminator, where Judgement day happened and the movie is set in the first 5 minutes of T2.

Dark Fate had it's "fate" (f'narrr) sealed when the director decided to say that "this movie is going to scare the fuck out of misogynists" What it actually did is put people off going.
Ergo another get woke go broke
I don't understand why would people get upset that the director said that. The people he talked about definitely did but they are just a small minority.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Also, for deniers in this thread, it should be noted zeitgeist industry female Phoebe Waller-Bridge, adored for her female-strong writing in original material had been brought in to add to writing duties on this Bond film.

She has also done such services on the movie "Last Christmas" which has been trashed by numerous critics for shoehorning the topic of Brexit, immigration and other things nobody wants in an Xmas RomCom.

Reviews:

Denials:

Oh, whilst Dame Emma Thomson is saying how these fictional characters that were written deliberately to be ethnicity X and politically Y and gender Z and dealing with real-world issues A, B and C is so 'unavoidable' she succeeds in avoiding to highlight she was one of the people involved in writing the sorry mess in the first place.

So these people have a repuation. They know exactly what they're doing. And will lie to you and deflect blame everywhere else but where it belongs when the facts come to light.

Fucking ell, I heard that movie was woke, but Jesus... Last Christmas indeed, literally for that movie... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

MilkyJoe

I don't understand why would people get upset that the director said that. The people he talked about definitely did but they are just a small minority.

People are not upset, this is the misconception. People just go "oh, another crappy woke reboot with the tried and tested blame men for a movie before it's even released" and it loses money.... Once bitten, twice shy, but it's not once, it's every single action & Sci-fi flick since 2015. No one is entertaining it and they are burning though money like it's kindling. They know these movies are going to fail, because they know men are not interested in femisit movies, action, sci-fi or otherwise.

Look

If they know men don't go see them, why the fuck are they still making them?? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Solo is woke.....hmmm let see

- The leader of the marauder is a ......teenage girl, you have got to be shitting me, who came at the right moment to save Solo and the crew
- Female Sith Lord who also helped Solo at the right moment

Bottom line is Solo is a useless white boy who has to be rescued by a couple of teen girls who are The Leader of the badass Marauder and a Sith Lord......yup the role has absolutely been reversed...

That’s why it’s broke......and I couldn’t be happier

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
She's a whole new character. NOT Bond. Did you not see the trailers posted? Daniel Craig is front and center!

Sorry, nu-007, not nu-Bond. I got them confused because it's been interchangeable since the 50s.

Ugh, since I'm still alive and this thread is still here, fuck this shit in the ass. At least they should have made her hot as fuck like Cate Archer. Literally nobody asked for this. Not with my Bond you fucks, I stood by and let you do as you please with a lot of franchises. But doing this to Bond is fucking felonious.

VulcanRaven

- The leader of the marauder is a ......teenage girl, you have got to be shitting me, who came at the right moment to save Solo and the crew

Bottom line is Solo is a useless white boy who has to be rescued by a couple of teen girls who are The Leader of the badass Marauder and a Sith Lord......yup the role has absolutely been reversed...

People didn't know about those before seeing it so they are not the reason why the movie failed. Fans don't usually want to know what happens before watching. It didn't do as well as Disney wanted because it was a spin-off. I don't think many wanted a movie about young Han Solo.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

:messenger_ok:

Woke Bond will fail. They'll claim franchise fatigue and that audiences are tired of white male leads.

Yep. This should be pinned to the top of the sub-forum, for all to see.

Last edited:

NickFire

Sorry, nu-007, not nu-Bond. I got them confused because it's been interchangeable since the 50s.
I'm excited for all the "actually"('s) in the previews and/or press interviews. It will make a hell of a drinking game watching them try to explain how she is both the new James Bond and not James Bond at all. If you double down and drink anytime someone mentions or implies misogyny, sexism, and the press's other favorite isms, you have a recipe for getting hammered drunk in 10-15 minutes.

sol_bad

Everyone looks pretty damn bad ass in these posters if you ask me. Especially female 007
^___^

fakpf8v.jpg
ji1kEjH.jpg

UPTHiAV.jpg
UVWWapg.jpg

gFcgKhO.jpg
EnAqumj.jpg

Who's the brunette? Gad damn.

*EDIT*
What the eff! That's Ana De Armas, I had no idea she was in this.

Last edited:
Ben Wishaw, as much as I like him in what I've seen of him, in no way giving off 'bad ass' vibes in that pic.

If it weren't Bond (and it barely is, Craig is showcasing none of the signature Bond characteristics in his poster) these would be seen as the tepid material they are.

Emasculation of icon(s) confirmed.

oagboghi2

Ben Wishaw, as much as I like him in what I've seen of him, in no way giving off 'bad ass' vibes in that pic.

If it weren't Bond (and it barely is, Craig is showcasing none of the signature Bond characteristics in his poster) these would be seen as the tepid material they are.

Emasculation of icon(s) confirmed.
remember, this is for a younger generation.

Get with the times old man

I'm not sure what you mean, are you saying that just because he isn't wearing a suit?
Odd, I said exactly what I meant in my comment. I made efforts to point it out. Why would that be ignored to infer lack of clarity?
remember, this is for a younger generation.
Well, with that in mind, if this is Craig's last dance as Bond then I expect Yanniv to be the next one.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Odd, I said exactly what I meant in my comment. I made efforts to point it out. Why would that be ignored to infer lack of clarity?

You mention that Craig isn't showing any of the characteristics of Bond in the poster. I'm not sure what you mean by that. Should the poster have him with a martini in hand or should his arms be wrapped around a woman while he is shooting a bad guy?

You mention that Craig isn't showing any of the characteristics of Bond in the poster. I'm not sure what you mean by that. Should the poster have him with a martini in hand or should his arms be wrapped around a woman while he is shooting a bad guy?
Bear in mind that Bond is cultural icon and has been for decades.
Photoshop out all the text. Crop it so you can't see the actor's face.
What is uniquely, characteristically 'Bond' about it?

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Conflicted feelings looking at this. The movie is going to be an absolute shitshow, but it’s the end of an era. Just a shame this Bond is going out like this — Craig deserved an amazing victory lap and ending.

SsV9UtK.jpg

Craig really would have been the second-best Bond (can’t beat the guy that started it), and comparable to Connery, had so much of his run not been sabotaged by outside factors and stupidity.

Really going to miss his take. :messenger_pensive:

plushyp

What is Rami Malek wearing? Either that picture angle is awkward or something feels off about it.

Daniel Craig looks more like the villain's henchman here rather than Bond.

The rest are fine.

sol_bad

Da shit look good. Please be better than Spectre.
I feel like I need to re-watch the Craig Bond films.

Bear in mind that Bond is cultural icon and has been for decades.
Photoshop out all the text. Crop it so you can't see the actor's face.
What is uniquely, characteristically 'Bond' about it?

So my first question was right, it's about the lack of a suit. I'm not sure why you couldn't just say yes to my last question.
o_O

He did have a similar poster for the last film so was he emasculated there too?
3eRR9RH.jpg

And this was the first poster for the new film.
APUO6FJ.jpg

Last edited:

ManaByte

Conflicted feelings looking at this. The movie is going to be an absolute shitshow, but it’s the end of an era. Just a shame this Bond is going out like this — Craig deserved an amazing victory lap and ending.

SsV9UtK.jpg

Craig really would have been the second-best Bond (can’t beat the guy that started it), and comparable to Connery, had so much of his run not been sabotaged by outside factors and stupidity.

Really going to miss his take. :messenger_pensive:

This hyperbolic post doesn't match the movie:

-Arcadia-

Banned
This hyperbolic post doesn't match the movie:

This hyperbolic fanboy take, doesn’t match the details that were posted on this very board, and promoted by the cast and crew.

Nice trailer though. It does a good job of hiding the woketrash. Almost makes me want to see it and power through the grating moments.

ManaByte

This hyperbolic fanboy take, doesn’t match the details that were posted on this very board, and promoted by the cast and crew.

Nice trailer though. It does a good job of hiding the woketrash. Almost makes me want to see it and power through the grating moments.

What about what Barbara Broccoli said. As in the PERSON WHO CONTROLS BOND. Who runs EON productions?

“Bond is male,” she said. “He’s a male character. He was written as a male and I think he’ll probably stay as a male.

“And that’s fine. We don’t have to turn male characters into women. Let’s just create more female characters and make the story fit those female characters.”

Right there EON says Bond won't be made female. "Let’s just create more female characters and make the story fit those female characters." is referring to The Rhythm Section, which is a new "Female Bond" movie EON Productions made to shut up the people demanding they make Bond a woman.

-Arcadia-

Banned
What about what Barbara Broccoli said. As in the PERSON WHO CONTROLS BOND. Who runs EON productions?

Right there EON says Bond won't be made female. "Let’s just create more female characters and make the story fit those female characters." is referring to The Rhythm Section, which is a new "Female Bond" movie EON Productions made to shut up the people demanding they make Bond a woman.

Where did I say they were going to turn Bond female? How about responding to my post, versus having an argument with somebody that doesn’t exist?

-Arcadia-

Banned
You realize there were women 00 agents in the Connery movies, right?

Where did I say that was a bad thing? Are you going to have a discussion with me, or can I just go ahead and close the page? I’m having a fun conversation in MetaGaf.

Last edited:
Do we really care about a fictional character being a black woman? Get over yourselves. All I give a shit about is if the movie is good 🤷‍♂️

If people create such a stink about a fictional character who is a straight white male who kicks ass and slams pussy to the point of actively lobbying for the fictional to be changed, why shouldn't others be allowed to push back?

I don't understand why these losers are so hell bent on taking preexisting characters/franchises and spewing their hyper woke nonsense all over it. Probably because they realize if they made their own franchises or movies no one would go see them for being shit awful so they have to try to get their foot in the door with something people actually enjoy watching.

Top Bottom