• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Layoffs at Respawn somehow mostly hitting "PoC, queer folks and those on parental & medical leave" complains disabled queer ployamorous employee

Nickolaidas

Something funny to think about. The second some companies are realizing being woke isn't making them money (and turns out it isn't even positive PR at all), they immediately fire these 'diverse' hires.

Which only serves to point out what we were saying all along. They never believed in wokeness. They never wanted wokeness. They were told it will bring them money. That's why those companies did it. And now that they see people aren't accepting woke culture, they throw the diversity hires under the bus.

And now those brainwashed woke retards which were quick to suck corporate cock in order to get hired will get fucked (metaphorically speaking) and realize that woke commies joining forces with capitalist companies was never going to end well for them.

StueyDuck

i'd like to say the SBI and crazy racist woman working on black panther started all this but lets be honest.

the way these people need attention and to be the victim i bet if you were actually to look at the numbers it's mostly white straight people being fired anyway and everyone else just happens to be getting fired because there's not much else to do.

I imagine the numbers fired don't represent any demographics in the books, just number going up for the shareholders.

Gojiira

‘Disabled queer polyamorous’ The fact that THIS is how you represent yourself at the studio, no fucking wonder they let you go. Show some goddamn professionalism, actually be good at your job, contribute something of worth and stop treating your workplace as a platform for YOUR stupid gender politics and MAYBE you wouldnt get let off….

midnightAI

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Imagine you had 1 sentence to introduce yourself and you went with “disabled queer polyamorous parent.”

Yikes. I bet anything that this person has a talent for making conflict/drama out of everything + taking maximum possible offense at everyone/everything around them. All those “assholes” that made his life hell were probably treating him no different than they’d treat anyone else.

Last edited:

Braag

I work for a company of about 800 people. When we got hit by layoffs, the first ones they got out were the ones who were constantly on leave due to "mental problems" and the ones who liked to stir up shit and cause drama to the point some people couldn't work together. Then they got rid of some employees who were at the company for a long time and tried to push back against the coming changes. Not saying these people at Respawn were necessarily like that as I can't claim to know them, but companies usually use lay offs to clean some slates.

cormack12

Gold Member
Maybe these people can be assholes because they are in the elite field of their job and have influence that comes with being non-expendable.

Maybe they're assholes because they have no time to engage with your fantasy of being called Xeryl, queen of the boglins in your own fantasy language.

Maybe these roles are just g&a costs which are no longer sustainable.

tmlDan

I'm always curious why LGBTQA+ individuals always have to state what they are in social media bio's, why is something so personal needed to be public information. If it's about "community" keep it communal within work and personal social circles(like actual friends). Not your IG or Twitter lol

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I'm always curious why LGBTQA+ individuals always have to state what they are in social media bio's, why is something so personal needed to be public information. If it's about "community" keep it communal within work and personal social circles(like actual friends). Not your IG or Twitter lol
I’m going to start introducing myself as a straight, white, cisgender, monogamous dad.

Quantum253

That sucks to hear people losing their jobs. There could be a million reasons why, and a tweet designed to obfuscate the facts/truth does nothing for your cause or the people affected.
It used to be when life kicked your ass, you'd get right back up and carry on. I don't know if that's the case anymore. That said, business have the right to hire to manage the way they seem fit (within the law of course).

night13x

And this is why we dont hire solely base on "diversity" and rather on "can you actually do the job". I dont think the layoffs included just diversity hires, but they probably cleaned house on people who sit around all day bitching about pronouns and joining hive mind hate speech tactics on twitter.

At the end of the day - if you work hard and have the skills to show it - guess what - you are probably getting a bonus - regardless of who who are. If you walk in and say hey hire me based on my skin, gender identity, etc and all I am going to do is bitch and complain and shame those who dont think like me...then GTFO.

Industry is starting to realize their mistake hiring solely based on checking the box based on how many of each types of people they should have in the company. It never works out well.

If you want to work in the game industry - guess what - get off your ass, go to college, work your craft, earn your striples, prove your worth just like everyone else has to.

I don’t know, the person‘s bio sounds like someone who is not very serious about work.

And perhaps he means with all the people he loves, being the ones who also rather spend their time meeting and talking than actual getting work done and with assholes he means the people who are serious about work and told him and his friends to get back to work…

//DEVIL//

Firing mentally retarded people isn't unfair, it's how a good business continues to work.
Mentally retarded shouldnt be coding in the first place. Or anything in gaming. He has to have special care at his home or hospital. Not getting paid by a company for the name of diversity.

Quantum253

I dont think the layoffs included just diversity hires, but they probably cleaned house on people who sit around all day bitching about pronouns and joining hive mind hate speech tactics on twitter.
Not that long ago we had an employee (mid/early 20s) that would fit the description of this thread. One afternoon, I had to go into her department and see this young woman laying on ground (legs/arms spread) and co workers gathered around. Instinctively, I ran over thinking there was a medical emergency. Turns out, when this young woman felt stressed, she would lay on the floor and ball her eyes out...( stress of being misgendered, rude customer, hard assignment...whatever). The co workers would gather around and encourage, take her work load, etc.
To make this short, In a meeting the employees director, I brought this up and she (the director) said they wanted to be accommodating and (inclusive) so they promoted her to a manager of a small team..... shocking I know.

night13x

Not that long ago we had an employee (mid/early 20s) that would fit the description of this thread. One afternoon, I had to go into her department and see this young woman laying on ground (legs/arms spread) and co workers gathered around. Instinctively, I ran over thinking there was a medical emergency. Turns out, when this young woman felt stressed, she would lay on the floor and ball her eyes out...( stress of being misgendered, rude customer, hard assignment...whatever). The co workers would gather around and encourage, take her work load, etc.
To make this short, In a meeting the employees director, I brought this up and she (the director) said they wanted to be accommodating and (inclusive) so they promoted her to a manager of a small team..... shocking I know.

LOL I actually seen that happen at my old company in a similar fashion. They did not know what to do with that person and was afraid of trying to let them go because they had no clue what they were doing (outside of weekly freakouts that were very...public in front of everyone). So they ended up promoting her to another department (and yes more money) in hopes that it somehow works out better and to just so the manager didnt have to deal with them any longer. The company soon grew the joke reputation of "if you want to get promoted then start crying and say your gay". Sadly...was not far from the truth lol.

DrFigs

Doubt
Imagine supporting this. You shouldn't be able to fire someone on medical leave just like that. Would be great to get more details.
100%. It would be awful if true. I imagine that this person has a circle of friends at work and maybe they were hit hard for whatever reason. I don't believe that a majority of the people laid off were on parental leave or gay. it sounds insane.

Last edited:
Not going to cheer on EA for this, the tweeter does sound like they should be working over at Sweet Baby, but this is EA we are talking about so let's be real, they probably did fire a bunch of sick and stressed overworked team members to protect their exec bonuses this year.

Top Bottom