• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LCD display owners: How is your display for gaming?

aoi tsuki

i'm still looking at getting an LCD display, likely a tv with PC input. i'd like to be able to use the display for general PC use, but that's not a requirement. i understand some of the shortcomings of LCD (ghosting/screen lag, native resolutions), but i don't have much space.

i'm currently looking (again) at the Sony SDM-71:

sdmv72wb_large.jpg

It's $350 after rebate at Circuit City. i haven't seen games on the display, but it looks really good displaying PC images. The lack of a tv tuner doesn't bother me -- i hardly watch much tv anyways, and i'm getting a PC tv tuner card pretty soon. If CC has the display with the rebate when i get ready to buy, i may just take the plunge.

What i'd like to know is...

1. What make and model do you have?
2. What game systems do you play on it?
3. Do you play games in progressive scan? If so, how do they look?
4. How's your display for DVDs and PC user?
5. What are the overall pros and cons of your display?

Thanks in advance.

Hellraizah

I have the model you show, but the 23" TV one, it's not a PC monitor.

I find the image to be very good on it, ghosting is virtually non-existant, and everything looks fine on it. I chose that TV because it cannot have burn-in, and there's absolutely no geometry problems involved with LCD screens.

I've got dual Dell 2001FPs for my PC. This monitor absolutely rocks, with crystal clear text for Windows usage, and a sharp image with no ghosting whatsoever and solid black levels for gaming. They're a bit pricey, but they're well worth it.

Ryo

I've got a DELL UltraSharp 1901FP (19")

So far I have only played RtCW on it, and it actually don't work that good. Having played the game countless hours on a CRT screen playing it on this screen just don't cut it. It refreshes just too slow. For anything else though, the screen is awesome. Great brightness and vivid colors (using digital connection). I don't play that many games anyomore on the ole comp, so for me the screen is just swell.

Top Bottom