• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championships 2015 |OCT 1-OCT 31|

janoDX

I'm expecting this pre-season:

-CLG: Freeze/Aphro or Aphro/Xpecial
-TSM: Doublelift/Piccaboo or Doublelift/Adrian Ma, Rush or Impact to TSM, or both.
-TL: IWD out after IEM
-TIP: Rush or Impact out, or both.
-RNG: Forg1ven/Maria
-C9: Meteos back in jungle, Hai gets to support.
-Team8/Inmortals: They will get a couple big names. Nien goes back to Top lane, Turtle gets to ADC.
-Coast/SacramentoKings: Nothing, might get a big name into the team.
-Dignitas: CoreJJ out, Gamsu out moving to another NA team.
-Gravity: Staying the same team

Renekton

Isn't Doublelift a sidegreade to WildTurtle?

Ahahaha.

Doublelift: "Winning in NA is just not good enough for me anymore..."

You say that as if it's something you've been doing for years and not just once, man.
Sounds alright to me TBH, you don't need consecutive regional trophies before it is erm.. considered valid to want the bigger prize :]

sleepykyo

Ahahaha.

Doublelift: "Winning in NA is just not good enough for me anymore..."

You say that as if it's something you've been doing for years and not just once, man.

It is kind of a forward thinking goal. First NA champ then MSI then world's. Or something like that.

janoDX

Wasn't he banned for being a disgrace to his team and country?

I hope he stays away from League that fuck.

No, he was suspended for the rest of competitive year because he boosted for $1400 and that created a lot of memes of the boosting, Rush constantly does those memes and they're savage.

No, he was suspended for the rest of competitive year because he boosted for $1400 and that created a lot of memes of the boosting, Rush constantly does those memes and they're savage.

They should just ban him for life

Forever

Boosting is such a disgrace. Disgusting.

Holy shit. I'd love to know what the heck was going on behind the scenes that meant CLG would split with Doublelift when their team was at its most successful ever. And then he walks straight into TSM! Wow.

It is kind of a forward thinking goal. First NA champ then MSI then world's. Or something like that.

Nah, don't get me wrong. I have all the respect for NA players who actually have ambition and look beyond their next meal ticket in terms of goals.

I just find the way he said it hilarious. His tone definitely made it sound like he thinks he's been winning NA for years and years now. (I suppose he might be a better fit for TSM than he ever imagined, in that regard...)

idlewild_

I just log in to this news, WTF. Thought it was going to be Freeze or Altec, wow.

I'm not sure I like it tbh, Double is good but he has been playing competitively since S1 and a lot of his peers are getting burnt out and retiring; he himself has considered retiring in the past. Was hoping they would pick up someone young and fresh that would stick with the team for several seasons.

janoDX

I just log in to this news, WTF. Thought it was going to be Freeze or Altec, wow.

I'm not sure I like it tbh, Double is good but he has been playing competitively since S1 and a lot of his peers are getting burnt out and retiring; he himself has considered retiring in the past. Was hoping they would pick up someone young and fresh that would stick with the team for several seasons.

Being in worlds gave him the fire to compete again so I will not be surprised if he makes an amazing run with TSM.

Elfstruck

I'm expecting this pre-season:

-CLG: Freeze/Aphro or Aphro/Xpecial
-TSM: Doublelift/Piccaboo or Doublelift/Adrian Ma, Rush or Impact to TSM, or both.
-TL: IWD out after IEM
-TIP: Rush or Impact out, or both.
-RNG: Forg1ven/Maria
-C9: Meteos back in jungle, Hai gets to support.
-Team8/Inmortals: They will get a couple big names. Nien goes back to Top lane, Turtle gets to ADC.
-Coast/SacramentoKings: Nothing, might get a big name into the team.
-Dignitas: CoreJJ out, Gamsu out moving to another NA team.
-Gravity: Staying the same team

Hai said he will never be on the same team with Meteos again. They have different views about the game.

Meotoes has his own challenger team not coming back to c9. The challenger team does belong to c9 so if they make it to lcs c9 gets a nice payday when they sell it to whomever.

This was really surprising to me. I'm not sure what team to root for now. I think overall it was the best move to make NA competitive internationally. I'll have to figure out if I like CLG, C9, or TSM more now though.

Who is TSM's jungler? Have they announced any other roles besides Mid/ADC? I think Double and Bjerg already make it a super team.

Elfstruck

Do you have a link to this? Would like to hear the full interview/article.

He said that on stream a while ago.

I remember back when they first came around there was a big thing about how they both viewed a junglers role differently.
Its not just about the role, its about how they have different philosophy about the game. Besides, Hai's shotcall required everyone to be on the same page, but Meteos seems to not agree with some of the calls Hai made.

I always thought meteos was a douchebag

Meteos is only best bud with Sneaky.

Not really sure why any C9 fans would want Meteos back, unless it's just a personality thing. Not only had his decision-making become extremely suspect, his mechanical play was poor and the meta left his playstyle in the dust. He had basically become a failure on every conceivable level as a jungler, to the point where Hai could come in not even knowing basic efficient jungle routes and do better.

Leezard

CS1ZCROUsAAseQn.jpg:large
Analyst desk accuracy for Worlds.

Tomato canyon did have a good accuracy.

brian!

pretty into aphro's heel turn
storylines for incoming season seem great esp. with the adc revamp, mebbe ill start playing again

Balb

Hoping some newer NA players emerge next season. When was the last time NA produced anyone really good? When C9 got promoted?

Edwardo

UoL updates

Unicorns,
With LCS starting in 2 months, it's time for a quick update !

A lot of stuff has happened in the last weeks, time to sum things up :

SEPTEMBER
- Vardags, our ad-carry, is now listed as a subsitute.
He will be attending try-outs in november to potentially rejoin the team.

OCTOBER
- H0r0, our jungler, will stay in Korea to fix some personal issues.
We wish him luck and strength ! We had a fantastic time together and thoroughly enjoyed the moments we shared. He is a great guy, who we all learned a great deal from and had a lot of fun with.
Shout-out to the horror movie nights. We will never forget how scared you were H0r0... like all of us.

NOVEMBER
- PowerOfEvil, our midlaner, will switch to another team.
We do not even know ourselves where our german boy is going to end up, so speculations are open !

Best of luck POE, you will do great wherever you go.

We are now building a new team around our fellow support and toplaner, Hylissang and Vizicsacsi.

Next weeks will be spend building the best combination of players possible.

We are considering and talking with a lot of people right now, from big names to young summoners, from old legends to new underdogs.

We learned a lot in 2015, and are capitalizing on our successes and mistakes.

After Origen's and Fnatic's performance, we now know that we're competing in the strongest region in the world after Korea.

We'll come prepared and begin a new chapter in the history of UOL, ready to explore new adventures.

Hone your horns and dye your clothes pink !

We will make you proud, 2016 is the year of the Unicorn.

UOL Management,
Sheepy & Khagneur

Top Bottom