• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Horizon Adventures Announced | Summer Game Fest

Mossybrew

I used to play these Lego games with my kids when they were little, but those days are well behind me and these games hold little interest for me. Some Horizon fans out there may get some enjoyment out of this with their kids I guess.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Honestly as a brand building exercise having Lego Horizon, Lego God of War, Lego Uncharted, Lego the Last of Us, Lego Destiny etc. is actually big brain idea

That's all I got. I won't buy it but Lego has its fans?

Also for some reason graphically stunning

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Last edited:

Elios83

Looks really great and fun, it's good that with Astrobot and Lego Sony is targeting more family oriented titles this year.
They're also building a nice lineup for the rest of the year given that this was supposed to be the 'off' year for them.
Surprised about the Switch but probably Lego had a say in it and Sony licensed the IP out, it makes sense for the success of the game.

Last edited:
Looks really great and fun, it's good that with Astrobot and Lego Sony is targeting more family oriented titles this year.
They're also building a nice lineup for the rest of the year given that this was supposed to ne the year off for them.
Surprised about the Switch but probably Lego had a say in it and Sony licensed the IP out, it makes sense for the success of the game.

Yep Lego had a say, much bigger audience for this on switch

May convince switch owners to buy a ps5!!

Killjoy-NL

Switch is surprising...

It's cool though. Going to buy my gf a Switch 2 and just told her we can play this game together.

Also, lol @ no Xbox.

Last edited:

CamHostage

On Switch day 1... Playstation is really opening up to the idea of multi-platform.
LEGO > SIE.

I assume that's part of the situation. (I can't tell if Sony or LEGO is publishing this? Either way, it could well be a subcontract deal like MLB where additional platforms were requested for the rights, and in this crazy new world of no platform barriers, Sony went along with the multiplat plan.)

Why not also go for xbox at that point.

Well, the sales demographics tend to not be there on Xbox. Young gamers aren't plentiful on Xbox, and sometimes kid games skip the platform. This would be an extreme instance (LEGO games aren't "kids games", ) but I could see the math being done to set platforms without Xbox purely because of sales projections.

...But also, Xbox might have some clauses for platform announcements if any of these SGF games are also in their show next week. Would be weird to re-debut this at an Xbox show, but if it's in the Game Pass sizzle reel, maybe they couldn't list it for Xbox today. That's happened before, I belive, with like Persona games or something like that.

For Switch but not for PS4?

PS4 doesn't move units anymore. When it does or when it's easy (or when a product is expected to sell well in territories with lasting past-gen consumers, like Japan,) a developer adds in the older version where possible. Here, no reason to. "Power" makes no difference either way.

Varteras

Gold Member
I like how they lean in to the Aloy is a fatty meme with the sandwich and the hot dog

LgZlq2s.jpg

nial

Gold Member
I assume that's part of the situation. (I can't tell if Sony or LEGO is publishing this? Either way, it could well be a subcontract deal like MLB where additional platforms were requested for the rights, and in this crazy new world of no platform barriers, Sony went along with the multiplat plan.)
SIE is the publisher, on PS5 at least.
©2024 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Looks better than expected.

Don't know why people are complaining about this game when it's mainly being developed by another studio.

CamHostage

Aren’t they the publisher though?
comment the blog says:
"Co-developed by Guerrilla and Studio Gobo"

Eh, "co- developed" is a bit of an overstatement, I'm sure. They may have developed story and lent producer oversight, but I doubt they touched or provided any code, maybe not even any assets. Game is being made on Unreal by an external studio.

BTW, external developer Studio Gobo has an interesting background. They don't have any games that they were primary developers on AFAIK, but they've done a bunch of codev work on Hogwarts Legacy and Redfall and For Honor and other stuff. They were also for a while making Disney Infinity packs (they did some Star Wars and Marvel and Pirates ones, and had a Moana pack at 80% done for D:I 4.0 when Disney pulled the Infinity plug) so they've kind of done games like LEGO before.

...And fun trivia, in the way back times, their founders were of Black Rock Games, makers of Pure and Split/Second.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
The problem with this game IMO is that the IP kind of stinks. The appeal of these Lego games is playing around with a ton of characters. Marvel, LOTR, Star Wars, whatever.

I played HZD (never finished tho) and couldn’t name one single character besides Aloy.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
This is Sony trying to wean the younger Nintendo players onto Sony IP. Obviously Horizon isn't for young kids but maybe we'll see a shift to Lego on older demographic IP like Uncharted and Sony might look at making more Astro type games on Playstation to make the Playstation kid friendly too.

nial

Gold Member
Watching the trailer again, this actually looks pretty fun. Not D1, but I will surely pick it up in the future.

fudgybrownie

Neo Member
Graphically it looks great. Should sell well with being on switch. Not sure if I will ever play it. Again why some people so upset this being on multiple platforms? It's a LEGO game using a PlayStation IP. Nothing more.

Killjoy-NL

This is Sony trying to wean the younger Nintendo players onto Sony IP. Obviously Horizon isn't for young kids but maybe we'll see a shift to Lego on older demographic IP like Uncharted and Sony might look at making more Astro type games on Playstation to make the Playstation kid friendly too.
Kids grow older though.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Another MLB the show case where SIE doesn’t own the IP (Lego) and the game goes Multiplatform.

Then we have a lot of people saying SIE is going full Multiplatform just like when the show started releasing on Switch and Xbox
I really don't understand how someone comes to this conclusion

SIE owns Horizon they didn't own MLB

Terrible analogy here

Not a game for me, I've enjoyed other lego games in the past but this trailer just didn't show me any of that charm, of course all the ones I played were LOTR or Star Wars based, I loved the first Horizon game but Forbidden West had such a terrible story that it's turned me off on the series.

hemo memo

Graphically it looks great. Should sell well with being on switch. Not sure if I will ever play it. Again why some people so upset this being on multiple platforms? It's a LEGO game using a PlayStation IP. Nothing more.
Guerrilla games logo is the first thing you see in that trailer. This is co-developed. This isn’t Lego coming to SIE to ask them for a Horizon game. This is a SIE published game releasing on PC and a Nintendo console on day one.

Top Bottom