• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Horizon Adventures Announced | Summer Game Fest

People are arguing here about the most random things. Sony should have published MLB the show on Xbox. That’s just some weird optics decision.

This Lego game has a substantial amount of risk on Playstation to come and go like SackBoy. They need to fill the kid game gap on playstation and switch will give them the substantial sales to justify the initiative. These kids on switch will grow and become fans of these franchises to potentially switch to a portable playstation.
The game looks great? The reception to this game seems positive what’s wrong with it?
The game isn’t made specifically for them.

graywolf323

You guys using the exact same script, its not working
script? seriously dude? my most played system is my Steam Deck, I don’t mind PlayStation games coming to PC, don‘t try to paint me with some brush because I’m not making the leap that you and others are that

step 1: later pc ports
step 2: day 1 GAAS
step 3: a major brand like Lego has a Sony IP game coming to other platforms
step 4: ?????
step 5: Sony will be a third-party publisher putting all their games day 1 on PC

Agreed its a 2 way street, my point all along was on said street there was never a hard no we arent doing this for either camp, thats all
yes and Sony obviously decided that if Lego was insisting on Switch and PC, that was worth it to them to get this property made, I don’t think anyone has ever argued against that? but you have known trolls arguing like this is proof that Sony will now put more games on Switch when instead this is very likely an exception to the rule

which is also why it was announced at Summer Games Fest instead of the State of Play (unlike say Astrobot)

Fbh

LOL, Lego Aloy seems more likable than the one in the main games.

Other than that it looks about in line with the other Lego games. Not really my thing, though I could see getting it on sale to play through it with my Nephew who has already played some of the other Lego games.

demonstr8

A Sony published PlayStation IP on Switch? Ahhhahahaha, oh man PlayStation is utterly cooked. I give the brand 5 years and it's identity will be six feet under just like Xbox.

Also to the cope that is "Sony had to release it on Switch because they don't own the Lego *IP*" - this is a Horizon video game which Sony own the IP for and Lego is a toy. If it was mandated by Lego it would be on Xbox as well.

Sony decided to put it on Switch because they think it will sell due to being a Lego game - that's how completely out of touch the current executive leadership is at PlayStation.

Sony is crossing the rubicon with this one. If they do it for this game they can do it for any game.

Banjo64

cumsessed
easy pass
lego-horizon-1280x720.jpg

Ez smash more like

Dazraell

Gold Member
Looking at the trailer it feels like a good fit for a game for the younger audience. I found it hilarious that Aloy seems to be more likeable than in mainline games. That Switch port day one was a huge flex, got a good laugh thinking about Phil Spencer's possible reaction

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Nintendo won the toys war guys, PS and Xbox put a game in their console before Nintendo did in theirs. GG.

Remember when people keep saying for years that Nintendo is dead and should go 3rd party

And now they are the only one left who still do pure exclusive and Sony going 3rd party here

nial

Gold Member
Now, I'm not really sure if Sony is publishing the Switch and PC versions, as the trailer on the official PlayStation channel only shows PS5 at the end.

These two Concord trailers, in comparison, do indeed show Epic Games Store and Steam.

tmlDan

A Sony published PlayStation IP on Switch? Ahhhahahaha, oh man PlayStation is utterly cooked. I give the brand 5 years and it's identity will be six feet under just like Xbox.

Also to the cope that is "Sony had to release it on Switch because they don't own the Lego *IP*" - this is a Horizon video game which Sony own the IP for and Lego is a toy. If it was mandated by Lego it would be on Xbox as well.

Sony decided to put it on Switch because they think it will sell due to being a Lego game - that's how completely out of touch the current executive leadership is at PlayStation.

Sony is crossing the rubicon with this one. If they do it for this game they can do it for any game.
Lego is a Playstation IP? News to me.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
The problem with this game IMO is that the IP kind of stinks. The appeal of these Lego games is playing around with a ton of characters. Marvel, LOTR, Star Wars, whatever.

I played HZD (never finished tho) and couldn’t name one single character besides Aloy.
As someone who has platinumed both games I agree. The franchise has one more mainline game and then needs to go away for a while.

graywolf323

Now, I'm not really sure if Sony is publishing the Switch and PC versions, as the trailer on the official PlayStation channel only shows PS5 at the end.

These two Concord trailers, in comparison, do indeed show Epic Games Store and Steam.

I‘m shocked, shocked I tell you, that people that openly troll & hate on PlayStation jumped to possibly wrong conclusions just so they could push a narrative

squarealex

It's obliviously LEGO company deal to Sony make the game at day one Switch and PC too.

I really don't see why Sony would release it on Switch since it's their next competitor in the portable sector.

And this is maybe why we don't have a Mario or Zelda LEGO game. Because they could be released on PS and PC. And Nintendo clearly don't want.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Did not expect this to be on Switch..

Looks decent, although I think they’d be better off if Aloy didn’t talk 24/7. Got pretty annoying just in this one trailer.

Kabelly

The graphics look really clean on my LG C1. The Lego plastic looks very realistic. I played Astros Playroom for the first time and the fidelity of that game is so crisp. If only Mario was that crisp.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Looks like a nice game both for kids and stoners, and I already like this Aloy more than the "real" one.

No nipple dude was a letdown tho.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dont worry guys.

It's that mater Trojan Horse strategy.

You know, have some Sony stuff on other platforms and it'll make PC and Switch gamers buy the next game on PS5.

tmlDan

I'm gonna assume you are correct. That would mean the IP they licensed is in the game. If the game is on Switch, the means Sony IP is on Switch.

You seem confused.
No, Sony characters are on switch, its a Lego game. Horizon FW and Zero Dawn are not on switch last time i checked.

Did you watch the trailer? it has all Lego people, not just Aloy

Last edited:

I don't know who proposed this project, maybe it was LEGO, but possibly Sony is happy for this game to exist as long as it doesn't come out on Xbox.

skit_data

This looks pretty sweet actually. Seems it took transforming into a lego figure for Aloy to get a less stiff personality xD

Edit: Gotta say, it coming to Switch but not PS4 is a wierd look, it doesn't really make sense whatsoever.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Gold Member
No, Sony characters are on switch, its a Lego game. Horizon FW and Zero Dawn are not on switch last time i checked.

Did you watch the trailer? it has all Lego people, not just Aloy

Did you know that Aloy is a Sony character?

Hey guys, they just added Master Chief to Smash! Imagine that, Halo character on Nintendo!

You: guys are you stupid Smash is a Nintendo IP there is no MS characters on Switch

Top Bottom