• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters

BlvckFox

Gold Member
I have a really solid pc but I don’t know. I’m a Sucker for shiny boxes.

#teamSeX
Lets hope the preorder process isn’t as bad as it was to grab a PS5

thatJohann

I guess I'll preorder the Series X at Target since I got the PS5 preorder there too. OCD. Anyone have any experience with Target and preorders?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Good luck to Xbox gamers. I'm not going to preorder. Gonna wait for Costco listings. I don't think they do pre-orders. The online listing just shows up one day when it's ready to ship.

Kagero

So anybody changed their minds with the Bethesda acquirement
Rumor has it there will be more Acquisitions. I'm going to wait it out until maybe the first year or two. None of Bethesda's games are going to be available in the next year of two anyway. The way I see it is, the XSX ain't going anywhere. The only thing this does for me is me going from not getting an XBOX at all next gen to, yeah pretty much getting one but maybe later.

Needlecrash

I just want the Series X controller 😂🎮.

I haven't been feeling the next gen hype really. I only care about one game for the PS5 (Demon's Souls) and despite backwards compatibility, I'm just not feeling it yet this generation. I feel like I'm better off buying the RTX 3080 and just call it a day.

Last edited:
To me, game pass is even more valuable now. PS Plus can't compete with it period. The value is definitely worth it, to have a Xbox Series X than a PS5. Yet, to me, Sony exclusives are solid.

In my eyes GP shits on the face of non-GP gamers (on xbox/Playstation/pc)

And while it may be valuable, it devaluates bought games

Gamer 1:
Pays 1-15$ to get some games on launch day by GP

Gamer 2:
Likes physical games
"Yeah fucker, here is some shit on your face, pay 60-70$!"

Gamer 3:
Likes to own digital games

Devs:
Yeah fuckers, our game is worth next to nothing as we give it out almost free on GP, but we ask full price on physical/digital

Like is it worth of pay 70$ for "almost free to play" games?

Last edited:

Needlecrash

Gamer 1:

Gamer 2:
Likes physical games

Gamer 3:

Devs:
Yeah fuckers, our game is worth next to nothing as we give it out almost free on GP, but we ask full price on physical/digital

I guess it would depend on the game too. But who knows.

KO7

I did play my Xbox One more than my PS4, but will he going with a PS5 first this upcoming gen. My XBox One will be fine for Halo Infinite, whereas I “need” PS5 for the inevitable Ghost of Tsushima PS5 update and Gran Turismo 5.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hoping to snag a Series X pre-order tomorrow.

Then I gotta start looking for a proper shelf to put all the new consoles one that can sit next to my TV.

sixamp

I have my ps5 pre-ordered and now I'm taking off if work to preorder in person at best buy tomorrow.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I want to tie my pre-order with trading in one of my Xbox One Xs at Gamestop.
Not sure how that is going to work yet.

Yeah I've already got a PS5 preordered so I thought about dragging my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X down to Gamestop for that trade in deal but wouldn't that take forever?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Neither. Will probably pick one up when Starfield(if exclusive), Fable, Avowed, etc. are released, which will be in 2 years at the earliest.

njean777

My sister is going to go to GameStop for me tomorrow morning and hopefully secure me a series x, I also am gonna try to get one through Best Buy or amazon just in case she cannot get one. Although we have a tropical storm coming through tomorrow morning. Hopefully that curbs a lot of people from going to gamestop

Reactions: M16

sixamp

Will bestbuy have instore preorders? When you call the recording says there will be no in-store ps5 preorders but nothing about xbox

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I will give preordering a shot. If bots beat me up and takes them all I still have my PS5 preorder so I won’t be too mad. I’ll pick up the Series X when it’s available after if needed. My main goal was getting at least one of the two new consoles.

T-Cake

To me, game pass is even more valuable now. PS Plus can't compete with it period. The value is definitely worth it, to have a Xbox Series X than a PS5. Yet, to me, Sony exclusives are solid.

Exactamundo. I think the PS5 digital edition will be the one I get now, purely for Sony's exclusives. Everything else, even if the Tempest audio and haptic feedback DualSense turns out to be the DB's, will be played on Xbox.

djjinx2

Series X incoming at 8 AM UK time, I just hope I can use Store Credit as part payment, I have 250 loaded and the rest on Credit Card

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Wish they would have had a video showcasing and confirming the launch titles. No future games just launch titles like The Ascent.

drganon

So anybody changed their minds with the Bethesda acquirement
Not yet. I like my jrpgs and the like, so I'm sticking with the ps5 at launch( if I can get one). Might get an xbox series x down the road when starfield and es6 comes out and end up being exclusive since I dont have the patience to deal with pc gaming.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
GAF has been telling me for months that "nobody will have any problems at all pre-ordering a Series X". We'll see...

Dr Bass

I might pre-order an X and then use the next two months to decide if I want one. Was gonna do the same with PS5 but couldn't get one. Maybe it will turn out the same here.

Gamer 1:

Gamer 2:
Likes physical games

Gamer 3:

Devs:

Devalues bought games? What does this even mean?

DjMystix

I'm so stressed out about having to compete with the effing scalper bots tomorrow.. Whatever the mess PS5 pre-order was, at least I was able to get it after 2 hours of effort.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Hoping this isn't true!

I think this is likely GS being careful. It’s not like they run a giant money making company anymore, they’re are just trying to stay afloat, and they got stuck with a lot of overpriced Xbox1 units that people didn’t want last gen. They likely will keep stock low and restock more often then order a bunch and hope they sell this time around.

Top Bottom