• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters

M.W.

So if it's anything like last week, prepare to pre order sometime tonight. Someone will jump the gun.

Reactions: MrS

TLZ

Banned
Pre-ordered the moment the countdown switched to the preorder button and went fast.

I tried doing it a minute later and the website was slow and logged me out giving me connection errors. Sheesh.

You guys better preorder on the dot, at 8:00:00 sharp. Or whatever time your pre-orders open.

BiotypE

Neo Member
Picking up a Series X if possible. I won't go crazy tomorrow during the preorder rush. If I happen to snag one from Amazon I'll be happy. Otherwise, I'll just pick one up when available. I'm sporting a Xbox One X presently so for the near future, I can live with that until I can easily grab a Series X. This new announcement is huge but I was already in the Xbox ecosystem and had every intention of getting a new one.
I really should do this, too. But I won't because I'm stupid and need shiny new things. Series X for me.

^ This, I'll give preordering a Series X tomorrow morning a shot but no sweat if I don't snag one. I can wait a few months and chug along with my current one X. Nothing super exciting about either launch to be honest but I would like to have my hands on the Series X at launch is possible. I'm a sucker for new technology.

Reactions: Isa

wipeout364

Haven’t decided yet whether I am getting two Xbox series X or an X and an S ( one of my TV’s is a plasma with 1080p.)

Last edited:

IDappa

Yep sites down, I had it all ready to go and made the mistake to look at the bundle they were offering, realised it was just a pre-order with link and then the site's fucked.. my mistake I suppose..

Why they insist on these digital preordering and not have their site ready for the amount of people who are going to try to access it is beyond me

• Empathy

ZehDon

Looks like it. Website may have completely died and they had to roll back on the server end. Or, strangely, they have set allocations and are opening them up across the day.

Orta

Banned
Bargain!

Screenshot-2020-09-21-23-25-08-080-com-android-chrome.png

Potential good games will be years away, and whether they'll be good is still questionable looking at Bethesda's recent past.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

MrFunSocks

Banned
They've reset the preorder time to 3 hours from now ?
That's for the "post launch", ie second shipment, release apparently.

Both EB and JB sites completely shit the bed. 3 of my mates and myself were all there ready to go on the dot with auto-fill software, already logged in, and none of us managed to get one. Something extremely dodgy went down.

Finally got a pre-order on JB, but they don't guarantee that you'll get one on launch. I'll be doing a chargeback if they won't let me cancel after they confirm I don't get one on launch.

Last edited:

noise36

EB Games sold out basically instantly, while ps5 was up for 1+ hour. To be fair though no one knew Ps5 was even available while everyone knew about Xbox.

Kagey K

Banned
All those people saying the X/S will be easy to get are going to be looking silly if the AU presale is anything to go by.

Isa

I'm with ReviewTechUSA in that Sony's messed up launch was maybe a good thing in that it helped at least a few of us evade the scalpers. Announcing when are where at one time is just too easy of a mark to hit for these types. I'd love an X, and will try to get one but I'll have to wait until my lunch break tomorrow. Nice to see people hyped, can't wait for the rpgoliath to finally start unleashing the goods in a few years.

I'm with ReviewTechUSA in that Sony's messed up launch was maybe a good thing in that it helped at least a few of us evade the scalpers. Announcing when are where at one time is just too easy of a mark to hit for these types. I'd love an X, and will try to get one but I'll have to wait until my lunch break tomorrow. Nice to see people hyped, can't wait for the rpgoliath to finally start unleashing the goods in a few years.

I was talking to my wife about it and wondered if it was done on purpose to stop scalpers using bots. I think a lot more people who actually play video games ended up with PS5s because of the way the pre order transpired.

Isa

I was talking to my wife about it and wondered if it was done on purpose to stop scalpers using bots. I think a lot more people who actually play video games ended up with PS5s because of the way the pre order transpired.
Exactly, good point. I know it sucks for those who didn't manage to get one, and they have my sympathy (and my chuckles towards the likes of Angry Joe). But many of my friends did thanks to just being on the ball and we stayed up all night and had a good time, even though we were all beat at work the next day.

Honestly if the other regions suffer the same fate as Australia I think I'll end up missing out on a launch unit. I'll be sure to snag one later though.

dolabla

Series X all day everyday. I ain't having that all digital, weak ass Series S. Pre-ordering my Series X tomorrow. Hopefully from Best Buy.

Crm114

Sup guys not a troll serious question

If I'm already getting a PS5 at launch is there any reason to grab a Series X as well? I don't give a shit about this console war crap I've had both consoles most of the time and got the OG Xbox day one with Halo. I'm just struggling to find a reason to have both right away since Xbox seems to have one the weakest launch lineups in console history. Are there any games coming shortly after launch that are worth it?

They should of just released Halo and done a patch later on upgrading the visuals if the game was ready to be launched. What the hell is delaying it gonna do if its cross gen anyways its not like they're gonna built it from the ground up to XSX only now.

False

I’m hoping there’s separate stock for All Access pre-orders through Microsoft because it will require a credit check and should prevent bots from purchasing it. But if it’s all the same stock we’re pretty much fucked again.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Sup guys not a troll serious question

If I'm already getting a PS5 at launch is there any reason to grab a Series X as well? I don't give a shit about this console war crap I've had both consoles most of the time and got the OG Xbox day one with Halo. I'm just struggling to find a reason to have both right away since Xbox seems to have one the weakest launch lineups in console history. Are there any games coming shortly after launch that are worth it?

They should of just released Halo and done a patch later on upgrading the visuals if the game was ready to be launched. What the hell is delaying it gonna do if its cross gen anyways its not like they're gonna built it from the ground up to XSX only now.
The Series X launch lineup is almost exactly the same as the PS5 lineup, so that means the PS5 launch lineup is also one of the weakest launch lineups in history.

MS just bought Zenimax/Bethesda. That's a *lot* of huge games that are now likely not coming to PS5. MS have 20+ first party studios that you won't get games from. Most third party games will run and look better on the Series X because it's just flat out the better hardware.

Unless you absolutely cannot live without sonys first party single player games, there's no real reason to go PS5 over Series X.

Top Bottom