• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters

saintjules

Gaming fans may have as much trouble with Xbox Series X and S preorders tomorrow as they did with PlayStation 5 preorders last week. Supply for the new Xbox consoles is even more limited than it was for Sony’s machine, according to multiple GameStop associates that spoke with GamesBeat. Gamestop employees told us that they have around half as many Xbox Series X and S systems as they did PlayStation 5s. This will likely lead to a situation where the console sells out immediately after going up for preorder.

Last edited:
Which retailer are you all trusting to deliver on time in America? For the Xbox One I used Best Buy which seemed to be fine while Amazon missed their delivery dates.

Series X. I never upgraded my launch Xbox one and since have upgraded my tv to 4k. Looking forward to having everything at a higher resolution.

Question. I already pay for Ultimate and the way I see it, I might as well get a console out of it using All Access. Is there anywhere onlineI can do that? I kind of got the impression that I have to visit a store in person to apply for all access.

Reactions: TLZ

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
I'm gonna head to my local gamestop at about 11:30 -- they don't open until noon. Hopefully there's no line or anything.

I'll probably try and snag a "safety" console from Amazon at 11 sharp. Will cancel if I can get in at Gamestop.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

Kagey K

Banned
This has been one of the most interesting, funniest weeks on GAF and it all culminates in getting this order in tomorrow.

So great here with you guys.

My biggest concern now is trying to make sure online orders get here on time or we lose a day for the holiday the day after launch.

LostDonkey

I cancelled my PC gamepass recently so it will be good to get that back with All Access, gonna keep the XSX downstairs on the 4K TV and keep PC gamepass on my 1440p screen upstairs. Best of both worlds, it really is a stonking fucking deal for 29 quid a month.

I'll put my PS4 Pro in the bedroom now, Mrs likes to play Detroit and games like that.

So excited not been like this for a console launch for years.

Miutojo

Neo Member
I think I'm going to go to my local GAME to see how busy it is at 7:30am. If it's busy, I'll go to the nearby coffee shop and get my laptop ready for 8.

Anybody doing something similar?

T-Cake

Anybody from Australia and New Zealand here that can provide updates? You guys are first out of the starting blocks!

Not sure why I’m getting triggered reactions from other posters for my original post, can only go by what’s happened over the last few years and what’s been going on in the build up to today’s news. It hasn’t been good enough imo, Xbox can be better than what’s happened this generation and I want it to. (Now buy BioWare from EA ha ha)

Last edited:
Anybody from Australia and New Zealand here that can provide updates? You guys are first out of the starting blocks!

Placed my pre-order for Series X in New Zealand. Stock is sold out in NZ. It seems like from forums posts in NZ. It sold out under 15 minutes.

Most online retailer websites did play up so few people are annoyed of the technical issues some retailers websites faced. Australia will not be online for their pre-orders for another 45 minutes. NZ gets it all first baby including launch hehe.

sixamp

I'm not sure where I wanna try and preorder from . I got a ps5 from Amazon and 1 from Walmart. I'm thinking I'll try bestbuy first then if that fails try microsoft

saintjules

It could literally be just one store in a small town. They also never had large system pre order numbers.

I'd be inclined to think the same. Seems VentureBeat spoke with multiple employees. Probably not from the same store

supply for the new Xbox consoles is even more limited than it was for Sony’s machine, according to multiple GameStop associates that spoke with GamesBeat. Gamestop employees told us that they have around half as many Xbox Series X and S systems as they did PlayStation 5s

I'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm going on their line in the morning. Probably 2 hours before they open. Going to a less busier store to see. Will try getting All Access from my phone in the meantime when they open.

NeonDelta

Will probably wait a couple of years or get a 3070 for my PC. My pc will handle everything fine in the next year or 2.
I’m conflicted Gaf, I’m edging back towards the Xbox series X now and get a ps5 once there’s a revision that looks better and is smaller. Then upgrade pc mid gen.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I called my local GameStop and he wouldn’t disclose the numbers, but said that they’ll be extremely limited. First come, first serve. 1 per household. $50 down on either unit must pay off before launch.

I’ll hopefully get a XSS. Pint-sized GP and Zen 2 box. It’s tempting to go for a XSX, but I’m more interested in a 3070ti or Big Navi variant.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'm gonna give best buy and target a shot. If I don't get it day 1 I won't be too upset but I am gonna try.

Last edited:
Xbox Series X all day, everyday! I'm going to have my 2 PC screens open on different websites. I just hope I can get one. I'm not too confident though, motherfuckers out there are fast.

Top Bottom