• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Zelda game would you want for Nintendo Switch 2 launch?

what would you want?

• Give me that Twilight Princess Tech Demo

Votes: 24 17.5%
  • Give me that Ocarina of time 4k

Votes: 41 29.9%
  • Hyrule Warriors 3

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • New 2D Zelda

Votes: 31 22.6%
  • A link to the past remake

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Botw/Totk merged into one game.

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters

JordiENP

So last year I thought, we probably are going to see just an updated version of tears of the kingdom to launch with the switch 2 in 2024. Now we know that's not the case and it's basically confirmed the switch 2 will launch next year. Nintendo definitely wants something zelda to launch with the console or at least a few months after. While Botw 4k or Totk 4k would be safe and good enough, they already moved on and totk is not even getting DLC. I feel like they would want something a bit more shiny to demonstrate the new console... something like this:

Finally the wii u tech demo of TP can be a real thing, and it's not something that needs 5 years of development.
ZeldaWiiU.gif

or they can play it safer with the Nostalgia and do an ocarina of time remake again.
zelda-ocarina.jpg

While the next big evolution of zelda is at least 4 years away, we definitely gonna see something launching with the Switch 2!

Last edited:

JordiENP

I don't think a Zelda game is happening at launch, a new 3D Mario will be the big thing.
Nintendo knows Zelda sells consoles. And they already had a plan to launch something zelda yearly. While I don't expect the next gen zelda, something like a remake can happen

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Link's Crossbow Training 2: Quicksilver Quiver. Alternately, Tingle's Rupee Land repurposed into a Civ Clone.

Edit: Do you really want to stage a hostile invasion of Windfall?

>Yes
No

TINGLE TINGLE KOOLOO LIMPAH!
*explosion sound effect*

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I don't know I just want the follow up to ToTK for the next 3D Zelda. Of the options, a new 2D Zelda is the only thing that would get me a little excited, but I don't see it as launch bait. Mario is going to be the hook this time.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I just want BOTW and TOTK with updated 4k graphics. Not going to get it though......
I'll keep begging, please Nintendo, do a dual launch, 4k console at 20TF and the switch 2, it's a knock out punch!

Last edited:
I’m sure you get something Zelda in the first 12 months. But it seems likely to be it would be either wind waker, 2d, BoTW 4k, or a 4 swords style game.

You keep saying Mario is the launch title.

After the last month to me, it feels like the launch titles are Pokémon and Mario kart. With Mario at the holiday.

I don't care much for remakes and I've never been able to get along with 2D Zelda. From that list Hyrule Warriors seems the most fitting and likely as well. It's not a true Zelda game with the same appeal and selling power though.

FeralEcho

Sorry to burst your bubble but I'll echo what everyone else is saying....A new Zelda won't be there at launch or even in the first 2 years.The only Zelda you'll see in the first 2 years is some remaster of an old one if even that... Games take longer than ever to make.

Metroid Prime 4 and a new 3D Mario will be the highlights of the launch year.

Belthazar

Nintendo knows Zelda sells consoles. And they already had a plan to launch something zelda yearly. While I don't expect the next gen zelda, something like a remake can happen

The thing is, it's almost guaranteed at this point that the next 3D Mario will be a launch title, with how long it's been since Odyssey. It would be foolish to share the attention between two major titles, so I guess the sooner would be putting a Zelda title as a launch window title, a few months after the actual release of the console.

Last edited:
Needs to be a show piece for the hardware if it’s launching with it. So a remake of any 2D game is out. And not even gonna dignify Hyrule Warriors with a response to that

Robb

Gold Member
I’d prefer something new, so a new 2D game maybe.

As for remakes I’d love to see a ALBW remake. That game definitely deserves to be on more platforms than the 3DS.

Gp1

I just want BOTW and TOTK with updated 4k graphics. Not going to get it though......
I'll keep begging, please Nintendo, do a dual launch, 4k console at 20TF and the switch 2, it's a knock out punch!

Your best bet is Yuzu, because Nintendo i going to Nintendo.

That said, ill take a Link to the past remake. Or a new F-zero, Star fox etc.

Fredrik

Seeing that WiiU Zelda demo makes me sad. 😞
I love BOTW and TOTK but a new AAA polished Zelda on hardware with expected power for the generation would be amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom