• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Zelda game would you want for Nintendo Switch 2 launch?

what would you want?

• Give me that Twilight Princess Tech Demo

Votes: 24 17.5%
  • Give me that Ocarina of time 4k

Votes: 41 29.9%
  • Hyrule Warriors 3

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • New 2D Zelda

Votes: 31 22.6%
  • A link to the past remake

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Botw/Totk merged into one game.

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters

IAmRei

Wind waker HD, or minish cap remake, Zelda 1 remake with BoTW style, these are my best zelda before BoTW arrives.

Currently playing ToTK now, the game is supermassive "dlc" : )) dang, so big, worth every penny

JordiENP

The thing is, it's almost guaranteed at this point that the next 3D Mario will be a launch title, with how long it's been since Odyssey. It would be foolish to share the attention between two major titles, so I guess the sooner would be putting a Zelda title as a launch window title, a few months after the actual release of the console.
They did that with breath of the wild and odyssey

Last edited:

Fbh

A proper new 3D Zelda by next year seems unrealistic..
So personally I'd love to see a new 2D one,it has been too long since we got a proper new 2D Zelda that's not a remake. Link Between worlds came out over 10 years ago and even that didn't feel completely fresh with them reusing the map of LTTP.

Banjo64

cumsessed
ALttP doesn’t need anything, ALBW was amazing and recent.

I’d like another top down remake though, or possibly even a modern day refined and amended Zelda 2.

Robb

Gold Member
A NEW IP. But it's Nintendo so I don't see that happening.
They usually do stuff early on, so I think it’s fairly likely.

What I think is unlikely is the IP being something most of us would care about. It’ll probably be something more akin to 1-2 Switch or something weird and experimental like LABO.

Last edited:

bumpkin

Honestly, I’d be okay with any of the poll choices. The only one I’d be worried about is a LTTP remake. That game is perfection, I’d be afraid it would lose some of its charm with 3D and modern trappings. But, if anyone could pull off a fresh but faithful remake of a classic, it’s Nintendo.

00_Zer0

Give me OOT remastered with beautiful new textures, 60 FPS at 4K. If not then I would happily take the Oracle games rebooted in a similar style to Links Awakening.

Last edited:

Variahunter

AlttP Remake in 3D third person.

DO IT Nintendo. I've been waiting for too long now. The BotW/TotK engine and assets are already done and would be perfect to represent the old artworks in 3D :

757px-Link-Fighting-Geldman-SNES.png

800px-Link-Looking-at-the-Tower-of-Hera.png

450px-Link-Exploring-a-Dungeon.png

776px-Zelda-Speaking-Telephatically-SNES.png

The art style of BotW / TokT is already anime, they just need to get character models redone to resemble the old art.

Hell, the scope of the game is so ridiculous compared to BotW/TokT that they could even expand the game, or at least the overworld and redo most of the puzzles that are a bit dated by today standards, let's admit it. With their physics engine, it should be no problem to dust off that legendary game puzzles and environmental interactions, while still keeping the major ones and the global level design and classic Zelda game design.

Last edited:

Holammer

A Link to the Past remake in a similar (or same) style as to the Link's Awakening remake would satisfy a lot of nostalgic older fans in my age range.
Add to that 4k/60 patches to existing copies of BotW & TotK. Maybe put in some additional content and costumes.

That would keep users happy for 2-3 years while they work on a true next-gen Zelda game.

Ogbert

I've always considered Souls game to be the natural development of Zelda.

My perfect game would be a remake of OoT, with a focus on combat.

They also have the option of BoTW at 60fps.

You can never tell with Nintendo though. And I think Odyssey 2 will be the flagship game.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Give me a Zelda game where Link is much older.
How has time treated him? Is he the new King of Hyrule? What has happened to Princess Zelda?
Did he marry Princess Zelda? Does Link have children? What new enemies and villains are there to deal with?

Last edited:

DKPOWPOW

It'd be interesting to see Nintendo try to strike lighting a third time.

The cross-gen launches of Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild led to 2 of their biggest success stories, Switch and Wii.

But I'm not sure if a standard remake would create the same buzz. Only Ocarina I think could, and to do it properly like it deserves would require the full Zelda team, which would mean the game is a long ways off.

Twilight Princess Remastered with visuals like the Wii U demo would be an awesome surprise. Especially if they did some nice efforts like trimming some fat, making the overworked blend together and not be separated by loading screens. Also tripling the enemy count because it feels too barren nowadays.

Adding back in (optional) motion controls that work like they were supposed to and not waggle for combat. Really missed the motion control fishing in the Wii U version, that needs to come back with even more fish!

Would it stir the same buzz? No, I honestly think it's Metroid Prime 4 they are waiting for. Zelda went from Skyward Sword sales to BotW sales.

I think they want to do the same thing for the Metroid franchise, and it's well deserved. Nintendo is all about strengthening their I.P. right now, and the sales of Metroid Prime Remastered are an insult compared to the quality it represents.

Codes 208

Anyone remember the zelda collection on gamecube? It had LoZ, Zelda 2, OoT, MM and a demo for windwaker.

That, I want something like that

elhav

Since the open world Zeldas are Nintendo's most financially successful yet, they'll probably continue with that, but the new 3d Zelda will probably have a different map and characters.

I would be happy for something original, like Wind waker or Skyward Sword (not a fan of SS, but it was at least unique).

The biggest problem with open world Zelda is that, in order to allow the player to go everywhere and do whatever they want, all the tools and gadgets are unlocked right from the tutorial area. Thus the rewards you get from exploration are not really interesting (Korok seed or shrine), besides the exploration itself.

If Nintendo can somehow give more interesting rewards (maybe better side stories and dialog, or upgrade tools to reach secret areas that aren't necessary to complete the game), with big sprawling dungeons like those in older Zeldas, and somehow keep the open world feeling intact, it would be ideal

Ceadeus

Gold Member
If it's a new hyrule warriors, I'd prefer it to be more like the first. It definitely was more charming and the overworlds done right to feel like classic Zelda and its glorious OST.

Wind waker HD, or minish cap remake, Zelda 1 remake with BoTW style, these are my best zelda before BoTW arrives.

Currently playing ToTK now, the game is supermassive "dlc" : )) dang, so big, worth every penny
The only thing that would work as a showpiece/ system-seller would be a full remake of a 3D game (OoT), since it will be years before the next entry is ready. A remake of a 2D entry is nice, but it just doesn't have nearly the same pull.

Last edited:

Belthazar

Switch launched in March and Odyssey released in October. Was part of the switch presentation too. That's definitely part of the launch window.

Launch window is at most until 3-6 months from launch. But regardless of the semantics of it, they still didn't release titles from their two biggest franchises on the same day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom