• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to come off as patronizing or as if I'm lecturing people. Sorry if it seems that way. :) Just trying to help.

So would weightlifting really get me much faster results than bodyweight training? In the end there's probably stuff I can do at home with some equipment.
If you're a beginner you can make a lot of progress doing bodyweight starting out. If you just want to put on a little muscle, you could probably do it as long as you eat plenty.

The issue is progress, make sure you find a good routine that encourages progress even while doing bodyweight exercises. If you get in the habit of doing things like 100 pushups/situps a day, that's not going to help you at all. After a certain point you'll want to do things like handstands, jumping pushups, muscle-ups, etc.

bike/bus unless it's a long way out.

i have people to work out with. mostly use them to drive me there. but there's days i go alone when i have to drive myself which is usually in the morning during the weekends. idk. after awhile when you just plug in your music and tune everyone out the gym is pretty awesome place to be.

i have no life anymore
Yeah it is too far and i dont own a bike.
Yeah i just want someone to work out with so that i wont just stop going.

Arcipello

what a day! finished a piece of art i've been working on for a couple of weeks and setting up for an interview tomorrow... wish me luck guys :p

RM8

I don't want to come off as patronizing or as if I'm lecturing people. Sorry if it seems that way. :) Just trying to help.

If you're a beginner you can make a lot of progress doing bodyweight starting out. If you just want to put on a little muscle, you could probably do it as long as you eat plenty.

The issue is progress, make sure you find a good routine that encourages progress even while doing bodyweight exercises. If you get in the habit of doing things like 100 pushups/situps a day, that's not going to help you at all. After a certain point you'll want to do things like handstands, jumping pushups, muscle-ups, etc.
I'm a total beginner, I'm pretty underweight :[ So if I do this, I guess I'd start with bodyweight alone. I'll Google around for some beginner routines :p I hope I can motivate myself to stick to it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
what a day! finished a piece of art i've been working on for a couple of weeks and setting up for an interview tomorrow... wish me luck guys :p

Good luck! What's the interview for?

Also, I'd love to see the art if it's shareable (or just read a description of it if it's not).

I'm a total beginner, I'm pretty underweight :[ So if I do this, I guess I'd start with bodyweight alone. I'll Google around for some beginner routines :p I hope I can motivate myself to stick to it.
Go for it! I was just glossing over the bodyweight subreddit and it might be a nice place to start looking for information. If you ever do get the chance to do some weight training, try it out. You may end up enjoying it and not realize it!

I've been looking to add in more bodyweight exercises into my routines myself. I want more functional strength for things like martial arts. I think I'm big enough already, lol.

just print out your face on this and motivate yourself.

park%2Bjae%2Bbum.jpg

RM8

Go for it! I was just glossing over the bodyweight subreddit and it might be a nice place to start looking for information. If you ever do get the chance to do some weight training, try it out. You may end up enjoying it and not realize it!

I've been looking to add in more bodyweight exercises into my routines myself. I want more functional strength for things like martial arts. I think I'm big enough already, lol.
I think nerdfitness.com has a much more beginner friendly... beginner routine :p I'll try both, though. As for enjoying weightlifting, I guess it's a possibility, I have literally only done it once, lol.

just print out your face on this and motivate yourself.

park%2Bjae%2Bbum.jpg
What if this constantly makes me realize how far I am from looking like that, though? :p

BTW I'm already doing things wrong. Talking about your goals / plans is apparently super counterproductive :x

there's always something/someone who is better than you out there. that should be your motivation to become a step or two better than them. don't let it discourage you! it's not an overnight thing! and plus, by the time you transformed FFXV will be out in 2020

Guys, being fit is great and all, but don't obsess yourself about it. Muscles are indeed attractive, but being overly muscular is not. Moderation is key. ✌🏼️

I don't really post here and I won't again, except to say spiritreaver (along with another gaf dude, plasticpassion) helped me immensely when I really needed a kick in the ass to get a gym membership and do something about and for myself. The constant encouragement, advice, and sharing of stories/pictures kept me at it when I wanted to give up, and because of them I'm in a much better situation physically and psychologially than I was a few years ago.

It's worth listening to his advice. It comes from a good place.

Golnei

concept art role down in london, and heres the art :) ive quoted it for size

I wish I could say something meaningful about it, but in the absence of anything intelligent, I do really like the piece. Cracked porcelain skin is an aesthetic device I'm always weak to.

Guys, being fit is great and all, but don't obsess yourself about it. Muscles are indeed attractive, but being overly muscular is not. Moderation is key. ✌🏼️

Would you say that too much cultivated muscle mass risks making a person look less straight?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

To be honest, my personal taste agrees with you, but this is not a general truth. Both muscle worship and love for petite guys exist, as well as everything else between the extremes.

I say do what you think is attractive or ideal and makes you happy, and then find people who agree. It's not worth attracting some people if it means becoming someone you don't like or doing something you don't want.

concept art role down in london, and heres the art :) ive quoted it for size

Oh wow!! That's great! Is that digital? Photoshop?

What industry would the concept art be for? Also, I didn't realize you were also a part of the UK crew here.

This is really just your opinion. Look at the past pages of this thread alone. Different people find different things attractive. Just because you do not like an overly muscular looking guy does not mean that someone else won't.

You should chase the physique and lifestyle that YOU want and what works best for YOU. Whether you are nice and curvy, slim and sexy, or big and ripped, someone out there is going to like you. It's whether you love yourself that's most important.

I don't really post here and I won't again, except to say spiritreaver (along with another gaf dude, plasticpassion) helped me immensely when I really needed a kick in the ass to get a gym membership and do something about and for myself. The constant encouragement, advice, and sharing of stories/pictures kept me at it when I wanted to give up, and because of them I'm in a much better situation physically and psychologially than I was a few years ago.

It's worth listening to his advice. It comes from a good place.
<3 Moblin. I miss ya! Glad to hear you've been doing well! This is what keeps me motivated, hearing stories from other people who are happier and healthier. You've made my day, buddy. Happy to have been a part of your journey. :)

Keep up the great work!

Arcipello

Oh wow!! That's great! Is that digital? Photoshop?

What industry would the concept art be for? Also, I didn't realize you were also a part of the UK crew here.

games industry, film and music...and yeah currently up near newcastle :)

??? That's not what I said at all, lol. I said weight training would be a nice supplement to something like gymnastics and parkour

Most of us do bodyweight exercises. Nearly half of my chest and back routines are bodyweight.

You're right, I misread that entirely. My bad.

The plan I was following was: https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

I think nerdfitness.com has a much more beginner friendly... beginner routine :p I'll try both, though. As for enjoying weightlifting, I guess it's a possibility, I have literally only done it once, lol.

I was excited by the name of this, but was disappointed it was a great big sales pitch when I clicked on it.

There's lots of great free advice and guidance out there, but if you're already super sold on this, or believe it's the best option for you then best of luck :)
and don't forget the progress pictures

It is true though. Tbh I find muscle over a certain point kind of eww.
No it's not? Plenty of people find muscular men and women attractive, lol. Even talking about extreme cases there are people into that. Just like there's people into those are that are overweight, slim, hairy, smooth, etc.

If you're referring to obsessing over your physique, then yes I agree. That's not a good road to find yourself on. I've been there myself.

RM8

I was excited by the name of this, but was disappointed it was a great big sales pitch when I clicked on it.

There's lots of great free advice and guidance out there, but if you're already super sold on this, or believe it's the best option for you then best of luck :)
and don't forget the progress pictures
I'm actually not going to buy anything from them, but their beginner routine looks pretty simple :p I think I'll give it a try. For me to post progress pics would require quite a lot of progress, I'm super self conscious about my shirtless self &#128539;

I'm actually not going to buy anything from them, but their beginner routine looks pretty simple :p I think I'll give it a try. For me to post progress pics would require quite a lot of progress, I'm super self conscious about my shirtless self &#128539;

This? - actually I didn't see that and it does look good. Like something I could stick to.

I need a workout buddy, did you start this yet? And I don't necessarily mean a workout buddy in person, but if I know somebody is expecting me to have done this, and is also doing the same thing... well it's motivating.

It is true though. Tbh I find muscle over a certain point kind of eww.
I think that is a more personal thing, like what body type you prefer. That doesnt mean everyone has to be in that body type, just that some people prefer different types of bodies.

Like im very lean and tall, and constantly my family always tells me that i need to eat more and gain more weight, mostly joking but it gets pretty annoying. Like i just eat till Im not hunger and I eat a health diet. I would like to put on some more muscle into my upper body because my upper body is pretty weak. My legs are strong and cardio is/was good haven't went for a run in a while. But yeah i want to start gain some more upper body strength and then continue working on my lower body.

RM8

This? - actually I didn't see that and it does look good. Like something I could stick to.

I need a workout buddy, did you start this yet? And I don't necessarily mean a workout buddy in person, but if I know somebody is expecting me to have done this, and is also doing the same thing... well it's motivating.
Let's do it :D I haven't started.

Guys, being fit is great and all, but don't obsess yourself about it. Muscles are indeed attractive, but being overly muscular is not. Moderation is key. &#9996;&#127996;&#65039;

But doing things or not doing things because other people will like them or not is lame. It is fun to have norms.

Let's do it :D I haven't started.

Yes!! Let's get sexy =D

--

On a sidenote, has anybody ever gotten so addicted to a song it sort of plagues them? I've had Papaoutai by Stromae stuck in my head for three days now and I love it so much, but at the same time honestly I just want to be free.

On a sidenote, has anybody ever gotten so addicted to a song it sort of plagues them? I've had Papaoutai by Stromae stuck in my head for three days now and I love it so much, but at the same time honestly I just want to be free.

No, art is usually a disposable commodity. The stuff I get stuck on is usually kinda pretentious and then I feel like it's some kind of noble melancholy to be totally preoccupied with it.

Example. Note marble sculpture dick is on the cover-picture for the video if that counts as NSFW or something.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Yes!! Let's get sexy =D

--

That song is amazing. Reading that probably got it stuck in my head.

Yes, that's happened to me. May the demon leave you soon.

Guys, being fit is great and all, but don't obsess yourself about it. Muscles are indeed attractive, but being overly muscular is not. Moderation is key. &#9996;&#127996;&#65039;

While I agree with what you're saying, building, maintaining and growing muscle mass is hard work. Both in terms of physical effort, and managing your diet and sleep. Almost nobody gets accidentally over-muscular. Not from natural means at least.

Just had a good first date with a guy off tinder. We went to a nice little coffee shop in central London (and I mean little, my latte was minuscule) and then wandered through central for a bit. Mainly talked about random stuff. We got along with each other really well. Turns out we don't really have a lot in common... But that doesn't seem to be a problem as we both seem to like each other. We've arranged a dinner date at his on Sunday if everything goes well during his shift. And he wants to cuddle.

Just wanted to share my happiness with letters gaf. :D

Really excited for Sunday now.

Just had a good first date with a guy off tinder. We went to a nice little coffee shop in central London (and I mean little, my latte was minuscule) and then wandered through central for a bit. Mainly talked about random stuff. We got along with each other really well. Turns out we don't really have a lot in common... But that doesn't seem to be a problem as we both seem to like each other. We've arranged a dinner date at his on Sunday if everything goes well during his shift. And he wants to cuddle.

Awesome. Hope your dinner date goes well (y)

ivysaur12

Banned
So. This is real, I guess:

http://mic.com/articles/133119/a-ne...tm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social#.MEypHiiYc

With all the discussion about sexual fluidity in 2015, it's only natural that dating and hookup apps would jump on the trend. The latest company to make an entry into the gay hookup app market? An app called Bro (because of course it's called Bro), a dating app for men who want to have sex with other men, even if they don't necessarily self-identify as gay.

Oh boy, the thinkpieces!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Still recommend you get into weightlifting. I know you don't want to, but you really, really should. That goes for pretty much everyone here, really. Self-improvement is hot as fuck.

what are some good exercises you can do at home with 2 25lb hand weights?

(Still don't think some gay subtext, an actor's way of playing scenes and homoerotic imagery qualifies it to be a queer-themed film)

(that's why I said "kind of" :p)

I'm not a picky eater. I just get full so easily. Like one burger fills me up. I can't even finish a Wendy's Baconator and small fries.

there's probably a surgery you can get to expand your stomach capacity!

I don't really post here and I won't again

you can post here as much as you want

get that dick queen

I love this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom