• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live demonstration of Anti-Stab vest capabilities

Kilau

You're more likely to run into a mugger who goes for your torso than a mugger who thinks life is a video game and tries for a headshot with a knife.
When the mugger hits me in the gut.

head GIF

CGNoire

So stupid and dangerous this demo is.
If you want to demonstrate its effectiveness just a couple hard thrusts would do.

What he is doing is so dangerous. One Slip or Slide of the Knife Tip on the vest could easily cause it to redirect towards his Neck and Face.

GymWolf

If you want to demonstrate its effectiveness just a couple hard thrusts would do.

What he is doing is so dangerous. One Slip or Slide of the Knife Tip on the vest could easily cause it to redirect towards his Neck and Face.
He was also about to break his arm with the bat.

BlackTron

Yeah obviously it wouldn't work anywhere else but the torso but this wasn't meant as an example of what a mugger would do trying again and again in the same place if it didn't work. It's just a demonstration of the vest, which apparently works. It's like criticizing "yah a lot of good a helmet will do if you land on your ass".

Still a really big deal, the vest could allow you to survive the initial attack and even if they still have the knife, being aware of your opponent with the option to respond or flee without being already stabbed is huge. I mean if you are really good, as soon as they try to stab you and fail, you grab their wrist. Much better chances in this scuffle than no vest at all.

jason10mm

Gold Member
So this is that fluid "soft" vest that hardens with impact? Wonder how well it works with bullets.

I also agree, that level of "demonstration" is excessive. I gotta think some impact is transferred through, how bruised is he the next day? Plus they should have covered him with hot dogs so we could see bits fly :p

jason10mm

Gold Member
There was a 90's era video of a guy doing body armor (hard plate) demos that got shot point blank with a BATTLE RIFLE. The video is very low res but I think it was a FN-FAL or G3, so a .308. THE BALLS ON THAT GUY

Thaedolus

Gold Member

Yeah, fuckin palms sweaty, vomit on my sweater already mom’s spaghetti watching that.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I mean it looks like he's wearing a big ass bullet proof vest so I'd think stabbing would be stopped lol

Roni

Gold Member
Absolutely fantastic as long as they don't try to stab your arms/legs/neck/head, just better hope you run into some considerate stabbers.
That's knife defense 101: you will be cut, just let it be anything but the organs. Neck and head are naturally protected by the arms. Only real target are the thighs, but I assume one could use the same material on the legs...

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

I mean anti-stabbing technology has been continuously developed ever since the first douchebag with a sharp rock.

Last edited:
That's knife defense 101: you will be cut, just let it be anything but the organs. Neck and head are naturally protected by the arms. Only real target are the thighs, but I assume one could use the same material on the legs...
In Krav Maga that's exactly what you're told, to expect to get cut if you can't escape and have to attempt to disable/disarm a person. I've drilled knife defense many times with training knives and dull edged aluminium knives and it's almost impossible to avoid getting caught out no matter how advanced your training is.

Some variations of knife attacks are easier to defend against than others, for example If I had a choice I'd rather defend against a downward stabing motion rather than a slashing frantically, from left to right, because that's when you would use your forearms as shields.

Using marker pens in a simulated knife attack is sobering to say the least, because afterwards you find out exactly where a real blade would've cut!

Last edited:
Top Bottom